FriesLovee

FriesLovee

Aug 23, 2024
Hi
So I went with my cousin to the mental health hospital to try to get a psychiatrist prescription as I was feeling suicidal and I couldn't refuse the help because my cousin did so much for me . So I do have a psychiatrist but his earliest appointment is 3 month away and it's way too long . I was expecting to stay there for a couple of hours and get prescription and leave.
First entered and cheked in explained everything .
Next I see how the department for th mental health institute is and it was scaring me because I could see the cameres overlooking the place before going in there. There is a door that separates the patients and the nurses .
I'm so traumatized like these people are not functioning people in society. I'm depressed suicidal and have social anxiety . These people there was 14 people there and all of them were legit crazy asf . Walking around naked , pooping with door open , peeing in bathroom floors , farting non stop ( for me I'm very germaphobe and it's like the worst thing for me ) . They were raging at eachother or the nurses , I genuinely felt so out of place and like why are they putting me with these crazy people .
The system is soooooo BAD . I legit felt like I will never ask for help anymore after this second experience.
Anywyas I stayed there awake the whole time from 8pm to 12am , then the doctor saw me and assessed me . Unfortunately I had to sleep the night there . I couldn't even sleep, I had to be forced to sleep in the same room as all the other patients while they were farting screaming , talking to themsleves the whole night . I finally woke up in the morning at 8-9 and saw a resident student and she assessed me again ( she was extremely nice ) then my cousin stayed with me in that institute for like 3 hours more until I saw the head psychiatrist and she prescribed me zoloft and I could fianlly leave .

All this to say that you should never ever go to these places , they aren't meant to help people like us. It's gonna make u worse tbh , unless it's ur last effort to stay alive then don't go there your gonna feel way worse . I'm so glad I have a support system that will help me .

Btw I saw this girl that came in there she was like me just normal but she had cut her wrist I think and she looked very traumatized.
She was crawled up in a ball the whole time I was there . The morning one of the mean male nurse touched her shoulder and kept telling her to go back to her bed and she started shaking so hard and crying uncontrollably. I'm pretty sure she's scared of men or something traumatic happened to her involving men . Me and my cousin witnessed it how she was shaking and scared for her life and we were talking about the fact that she was Put there with crazy people that have no social awareness to realize she was in that state of trauma . Right before I left I saw this creepy ' crazy ' guy talk to her and she started crying again. I felt so bad for her , she was probably max 16-18 and she was there stuck with those people after a traumatic experience…
These places are for actual crqzy people , not people like us who are suicidal and need psychological help ( not only a fkn medication) .
Worst experience of my life , I got my prescription and I will try it but holy idk what to think anymore , it was very traumatizing to me too . I hate that place and just be careful when going to mental health hospital they will keep you there against your will :)

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: nihilistic_dragon, divinemistress36, HereTomorrow and 6 others
J

John8

Sep 10, 2024
Sometimes in life people just have bad luck being born, should just be put out of their misery, it is actually ultimate in empathy and compassion to do so.

Reactions: gardenfairy, Loona KLD, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
Hi
So I went with my cousin to the mental health hospital to try to get a psychiatrist prescription as I was feeling suicidal and I couldn't refuse the help because my cousin did so much for me . So I do have a psychiatrist but his earliest appointment is 3 month away and it's way too long . I was expecting to stay there for a couple of hours and get prescription and leave.
Next I see how the department for th mental health institute is and it was scaring me because I could see the cameres overlooking the place before going in there. There is a door that separates the patients and the nurses .
I'm so traumatized like these people are not functioning people in society. I'm depressed suicidal and have social anxiety . These people there was 14 people there and all of them were legit crazy asf . Walking around naked , pooping with door open , peeing in bathroom floors , farting non stop ( for me I'm very germaphobe and it's like the worst thing for me ) . They were raging at eachother or the nurses , I genuinely felt so out of place and like why are they putting me with these crazy people .
The system is soooooo BAD . I legit felt like I will never ask for help anymore after this second experience.
Anywyas I stayed there awake the whole time from 8pm to 12am , then the doctor saw me and assessed me . Unfortunately I had to sleep the night there . I couldn't even sleep, I had to be forced to sleep in the same room as all the other patients while they were farting screaming , talking to themsleves the whole night . I finally woke up in the morning at 8-9 and saw a resident student and she assessed me again ( she was extremely nice ) then my cousin stayed with me in that institute for like 3 hours more until I saw the head psychiatrist and she prescribed me zoloft and I could fianlly leave .

All this to say that you should never ever go to these places , they aren't meant to help people like us. It's gonna make u worse tbh , unless it's ur last effort to stay alive then don't go there your gonna feel way worse . I'm so glad I have a support system that will help me .

Btw I saw this girl that came in there she was like me just normal but she had cut her wrist I think and she looked very traumatized.
She was crawled up in a ball the whole time I was there . The morning one of the mean male nurse touched her shoulder and kept telling her to go back to her bed and she started shaking so hard and crying uncontrollably. I'm pretty sure she's scared of men or something traumatic happened to her involving men . Me and my cousin witnessed it how she was shaking and scared for her life and we were talking about the fact that she was Put there with crazy people that have no social awareness to realize she was in that state of trauma . Right before I left I saw this creepy ' crazy ' guy talk to her and she started crying again. I felt so bad for her , she was probably max 16-18 and she was there stuck with those people after a traumatic experience…
These places are for actual crqzy people , not people like us who are suicidal and need psychological help ( not only a fkn medication) .
Worst experience of my life , I got my prescription and I will try it but holy idk what to think anymore , it was very traumatizing to me too . I hate that place and just be careful when going to mental health hospital they will keep you there against your will :)

Yeah it's rough all over the world it seems ): They either act like you're completely insane and a ticking time bomb or like you're just some attention seeking regular person or something. Either way they're gonna speak to you with condescension and dismiss your concerns. Once had to spend a week in an adult psych ward as a minor so yeah…I certainly understand it lol

Reactions: Loona KLD, divinemistress36, HereTomorrow and 1 other person
aespa

aespa

Oct 23, 2024
Hi

I honestly found comfort in a hospital but I was a child and everybody's experience is different

Reactions: FriesLovee
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Not from Canada but I saw a post on Reddit that resonated with me that essentially said "Mental Hospitals are meant to keep you safe and stable, not comfortable".

It's a place not intended to help you, but to take you out of or process a crisis such as active suicidial thoughts or psychosis so you don't hurt yourself or others. Because they are only keeping you stable, there is a lack of empathy and humanity there for your pains, which makes people there no longer actively suicidial, but more paranoid, traumatized, and now stigmatized by those around them who know.

I'm very glad you're out and got the prescription you want, I can't imagine the pain of being there.

Reactions: plutoaquarius, Loona KLD and FriesLovee