Cya89

Cya89

Jun 29, 2018
Some people say distracts you from your problems, money is good etc. Are you more or less depressed when gainfully employed?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Caustic Cardinals
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Work is good for me ... construction is a work out ... being paid to go to the gym kind of thing .

The toxic bullies ruin it .

The hours can be soul destroying though .

edit to add :

not working for two to three years ( I'm in denial )
Fucked my opportunities up having relapses into paranoid OCD borderline bipolar self hating blah blah

I enshrined the last little shit bully onto a pedestal of divine proportions .
TRANSFERENCE I guess ... knowing what it is makes it SO much easier to deal with ... yeah right /s.
( just a small town red neck victim who hated my guts )

He just wanted to make love to me with his fists ( violence bonding )

"Go into town on a saturday night and have a fight " ( loosely quoting his idea of a good time )

What a sad fuck.

( Proudly telling me he's having another (third ?) child .

Satan is most def. the god of this world .

Haven' really got over it yet , if you haven't noticed ...

(OPENING UP THE VENT.... )

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RottingFlowerBrains and Pointlessabyss
Gengogakusha

Gengogakusha

Crazy Cat Lady
Sep 5, 2018
I'm unemployed now but being in work wasn't much better.

Reactions: weedoge and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
jaemus12

jaemus12

Earth’s Parasite
May 11, 2018
Working helps a little. It keeps my mind occupied for 8 hours a day. Also the place I worked at was a very fun and awesome place.

However, I'm unemployed now because it was a temporary contract...so yeah. Ctb and SS 24/7.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Pointlessabyss

Pointlessabyss

Impulse will takeover one day...
Sep 17, 2018
Personally there is no difference for me, it can be a nice distractition if I get something which peaks my interest but this only lasts for a few hours. Other than that I'm disconnected during my working hours and am only there to get paid, But the money funds my habits these days so suppose I'd struggle without it...

On the other hand I've had stints of being unemployed and was probably more content in myself stayinf in bed playing games etc.

Either way my thoughts / feelings have remained the same. I think I found unemployment less stressful as I didn't have to put on a mask each day and have any obligations to meet.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and Temporarilyabsurd
FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
Work is definitely a boon, even when it's stressful. When I don't have a goal to work toward, I feel so useless

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RottingFlowerBrains, Temporarilyabsurd and 2 others
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
I've had 40 jobs. The one I wanted but never got was a sleep tester for Airsprung beds. I'd have put the hours in on that one.

Reactions: mattwitt, Slacker, lv-gras and 2 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
Busy works for a while then back to the same ol thought

Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
It differs. Sometimes it helps. It feels good to earn my own money. Sometimes I actually enjoy my work. But sometimes it's stressful and only makes things worse.

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
The main reason why I am going to attempt to kill myself very soon is because I just don't want to go back to work and deal with all the crap I normally have to deal with when working shitty jobs with shitty people.

Reactions: Chloe, Desperate_Soul, weedoge and 1 other person
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
Work gets me out of bed and out of the house. On my days off work I spend most of the day (until evening) sleeping.

Whether it helps me or not I don't know. I just know it keeps me looking normal around everyone else.