• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ohmydays

ohmydays

Mar 25, 2024
posting this bc i thought things would get better after getting a job, but i still feel like complete shit. i really feel so alone throughout all of this and rlly feel like no one would notice if i were to ctb because thats how invisible i feel on the day to day. i do not want to feel like this anymore though. all i want truly is a group of ppl who acutally care and to make memories with. thats really it dude if im being honest. like a relationship, a job, i dunno like i had those before and i still feel like crap. i dont know if friends would help either. just looking for advice or anything because while i do want to ctb, i want to know if it does get any better or am i just screwed

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre, etherealspring, Cinnamorolls and 5 others
A

Aloneandinpain

Student
Dec 25, 2023
I am hopelessly lonely too. Keeping busy is a good distraction sometimes, but nights and winter are just unbearable sometimes

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, Daydream Believer, mediocre and 5 others
M

mrtime87

Jul 9, 2024
38 and laid in bed all day for my birthday thinking about how I can get ran over by a train.

Life can get better but id try church and maybe a support group.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cryone, mediocre, etherealspring and 4 others
ohmydays

ohmydays

Mar 25, 2024
I am hopelessly lonely too. Keeping busy is a good distraction sometimes, but nights and winter are just unbearable sometimes
agreed, the nights and winter is a true battlefield. wishing you the best through this

• Love
Reactions: Cinnamorolls and Aloneandinpain
Zvetok26

Zvetok26

Jun 7, 2022
I feel you. Loneliness is so painful.
I wish you the best to get through this. Maybe there's a local club or sth?

• Love
Reactions: Joarga and ohmydays
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Loneliness and "being an outsider/nobody" is painful when you feel that you need understanding and support for something, or rather compassion since sometimes those heavy feelings and memories "get stuck in the body", to "shout" unpleasant and painful things, like: "I hate myself", "I can't do this anymore", It seems that positive self-talk could change that "resonance" overtime.

• Love
Reactions: ohmydays, etherealspring and Cinnamorolls
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
Well, I can tell you that a job will not solve loneliness for sure. I've always had jobs and it doesn't help. I think very few people feel ultra connected with their workplace and like they're valued and adored there, or anything like that. At most, people just have some basic cordiality with coworkers and not much beyond that. If you want friends or a partner, you should seek those things out specifically. For some people things get better and for others they don't, just depends on how the chips fall, but you have to try in order to find out.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ohmydays, Eternal Eyes and mediocre
Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Dec 3, 2023
I volunteer. It seems everyone there knows everyone except me. In fact, it took them about 5 months to actually learn my surname! Not sure if that's depressing or impressive! Nothing feels worse than been surrounded by 200 odd people and you're the only person on your own.

• Love
Reactions: Aloneandinpain and ohmydays
Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain

Jul 29, 2024
Not the answer for eveyrone, but getting a pet could help maybe. Like a cat
It can help with loneliness and give you a sense of purpose
But like I said, not for everyone I guess
But maybe something to consider?
I hope you find a way to eel less lonely

• Love
Reactions: Joarga, Myforevercharlie and ohmydays
Ichigo

Ichigo

Jun 15, 2023
loneliness is a emotion just like happiness or sadness, that is to say; it is temporary.
So, even though it doesn't seem like it, that awful feeling of loneliness will pass..we just don't know when... In the meantime when I'm feeling lonely I try to do something that makes me happy like drawing or reading. If the feelings of loneliness is really bad though, I'll go out and socialize with my family friends. I think of emotions like waves or seasons; they come and pass over us. They can last for a year, a week, a day, a hour, but they wont last forever and that is the silver lining between it.

Last edited:
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

I will face my fate.
Jun 16, 2024
For me, it got better when I found someone.

Too bad it didn't last.

Reactions: Joarga and Aloneandinpain
cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
it can get better, but ive never been able to "force" getting better or had any control over it tbh. even when i hung out more. one day, i just magically started finally feeling content alone. maybe i was too fed up with trying to look for relationships.

so, its not great advice but prehaps the best way to "beat" loneliness is to not see it as an enemy. definitely hard, idk if its ideal, but life gets hella boring. still good to socialize though or have some sort of interactions, id recommend pets or volunteering.