asa

asa

Aug 22, 2024
The afterlife sounds so scary, knowing that I might go to hell for being a bad person. What if I ctb and the afterlife is somehow worse than what I have here?
I'm eager to know what you all believe in.

• Hugs
Reactions: SoulWhisperer, Kali_Yuga13, voltage268 and 2 others
S

seasonsdied

Sep 28, 2024
Good and bad are subjective. I believe there's nothingness after death.

Reactions: asa
Upvote 0
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
after death there is no conscious experience and that death results in complete non-existence, similar to the state before birth.
or we just die for a period of time, like going to sleep time pass by instantly because we are unaware of it then we are reborn in some form

it's either rebirth random chance at life in any form or nothing forever

Reactions: asa and CantDoIt
Upvote 0
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
No, it encourages me to ctb more. I believe the afterlife is the Christian resurrection of the physical body at the end of the world. So when I die I will be dead unconscious and then suddenly wake up when it's the last day. Since I trust Christ as my Savior, I will wake up in a restored body without pain, sorrow, sin or aging and live forever on a new earth with all the others who trusted Christ as Savior. So I am quite excited to die actually.

Reactions: asa and divinemistress36
Upvote 0
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
It makes me want to ctb even more. I dont believe in Hell . Earth is Hell

Reactions: asa, LondonVillie, daysnumbered and 4 others
Upvote 0
Reflection

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
Maybe, but then again I don't think a benign God would send anyone to suffer more just because they wanted to end their suffering.

Reactions: ommanipadmehum, divinemistress36 and zaxxy1810
Upvote 0
O

ommanipadmehum

Jul 2, 2024
if there is one, and it's for eternity, dying a few decades earlier won't make any difference

Reactions: asa, Theresnoescape, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, in my case I believe death to simply be non-existence where I cannot suffer anymore and I'm finally free from this cruel, painful and torturous existence that brought me nothing but pain. No matter what I'd never wish to suffer in this existence, death is the only relief and peace for me personally, what terrifies me is how this existence can potentially continue for way longer with no limit as to how much agony one can feel, to me existence is such a horrific, terrible tragedy which is why I only hope to never exist again.

Upvote 0
K

Kali_Yuga13

Experienced
Jul 11, 2024
The afterlife sounds so scary, knowing that I might go to hell for being a bad person. What if I ctb and the afterlife is somehow worse than what I have here?
A lot of people have these fears. I wasn't even raised in the church and I have the nagging thought of hell. Other theories like reincarnation don't help much either. Whether the afterlife is hellish or ones next incarnated life is hellish, it's still hellish right? Maybe these fears stem from our lack of control and feeling of no choice. For this reason I sympathize with those that feel this problem would be solved by non-existence. Unfortunately, some of us are not able to trust that non-existence of consciousness is a certainty after death.

Reactions: asa and CantDoIt
Upvote 0
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
My life is seriously scary, if I shall end up in hell I will probably deserve it. I have the opposite of a good look about myself and... Probably should accept consequences if any...

• Hugs
Reactions: asa, divinemistress36 and CantDoIt
Upvote 0
T

ThisIsMe1357

Student
May 20, 2024
I do not think there is anything that follows after death simply because there is no consciousness to experience anything in the same way that there was not any before someone's birth.

But even if there was an afterlife of some kind, I highly doubt it would involve sufferings or punishments for any person other than possibly those who might murder someone or commit horrible crimes during their lifetimes. Think about it. If punishments were granted to some people after their death, they would certainly be given out by a much higher intelligence than us, the kind of one we might not even be able to comprehend. And I find it hard to believe that a higher intelligence would be willingly content with hurting people who have not done anything seriously harmful, like torture, in their past, regardless of how they die.

Remember that the only creatures who come up with stories about eternal flames and eternal punishments for acts they themselves do not like, but acts which are otherwise not horrible (such as not believing in God, having sex outside of marriage,...), are a few people themselves, and not particularly bright at that. Entities of an extraordinarily higher intelligence would not think like that.

Reactions: CantDoIt and divinemistress36
Upvote 0
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
Thoughts about this life are more likely to keep me here than thoughts about the afterlife. I don't believe in hell either. Literally what's keeping me here is SI and my own weird and unpleasant thought process.

Upvote 0
Michael_the_ratman

Michael_the_ratman

Jul 20, 2024
I agree with u, it scares me so much. I have so many questions and doubts that will not be answered until I actually do it.

• Love
Upvote 0
U

undecided

Student
Aug 25, 2023
It doesn't matter what others believe in. Nobody can convince you otherwise. You believe what you believe.
I'm hoping there's absolutely NOTHING after death. But, I won't know till I get there.

Upvote 0
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
No in short it doesn't. I believe in it. Maybe there's a slight pull towards it. But it's a net neutral.

Reactions: CantDoIt and asa
Upvote 0