• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Thingsneverchange

Death is my friend
Sep 23, 2021
I've been thinking of discontinuing my meds so I'll be suicidal enough to finally go through with killing myself. But I've found that if I discontinue them I can not sleep at all. Any tips?

Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
WAY more. I can attest to this. I stopped taking them because they weren't helping as much as I needed them to, and I was tired of dealing with psychiatrists. So I quit. I went from pretty damn suicidal to super duper suicidal.

Reactions: Toxic Positivity, shush, linn8 and 3 others
T

Thingsneverchange

Death is my friend
Sep 23, 2021
WAY more. I can attest to this. I stopped taking them because they weren't helping as much as I needed them to, and I was tired of dealing with psychiatrists. So I quit. I went from pretty damn suicidal to super duper suicidal.
The problem is that I really can't sleep at all. I don't know how to fix that though.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It's a bitter pill to swallow

Reactions: OnlyTheWind, mentalhealthfighter and Thingsneverchange
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
The problem is that I really can't sleep at all. I don't know how to fix that though.
Well. I'm not a doctor or anything so you should ask your physician but, I could list all the things people typically say. Cut out caffine/sugar, don't stare at computer screens an hour before bedtime, exercise, CBD, melatonin, breathing exercises.

Not being able to sleep is an absolute bitch of a problem. I have sleep issues myself and I've never been able to find a solution. Good luck man.

Reactions: Ame and Thingsneverchange
T

Thingsneverchange

Death is my friend
Sep 23, 2021
Thanks, I can usually sleep really well WITH my meds but since I want to discontinue them, I'll have to find a solution

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Thanks, I can usually sleep really well WITH my meds but since I want to discontinue them, I'll have to find a solution
This might be an impossible to answer question so, don't feel like there has to be an answer to it, but, here we go: Can you figure out what part of the meds help you with sleeping? Is it because, say, they make you drowsy? Or they stop your racing thoughts? Maybe that would help figure out a substitute to help you sleep.

Reactions: Thingsneverchange
T

Thingsneverchange

Death is my friend
Sep 23, 2021
This might be an impossible to answer question so, don't feel like there has to be an answer to it, but, here we go: Can you figure out what part of the meds help you with sleeping? Is it because, say, they make you drowsy? Or they stop your racing thoughts? Maybe that would help figure out a substitute to help you sleep.
Honestly, usually I just feel like they are literally the thing that make me sleepy. Like, I don't know if I am making sense here lol

Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
When I quit those harmful meds I felt so much better. Clears your mind.

Reactions: Thingsneverchange
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I hate being in my meds. They make me feel like I'm someone else. I've stopped taking them, but haven't told my family or my doctor. 100% this is why I'm feeling more suicidal again. It happens every time. Still, I'd rather have a clear mind and decide to ctb than feel emotionally numb and just endure a depressing life.

Reactions: Thingsneverchange and linn8
HomesickAlien

HomesickAlien

Vicious Cycle
Nov 5, 2019
For what anecdotal experience is worth, in the past I quit benzos and SSRIs cold turkey, though not both kinds at the same time. Every SSRI I've tried either stopped working after a few months or never worked at all, and I had no apparent issue quitting. I say "apparent" because both the medication, taken for a number of years, and the abrupt withdrawal might have contributed to my brain fog and cognitive decline.

On the other hand, discontinuation of benzos (not technically antidepressants but not off topic I guess) did really increase my anxiety and mess up my sleep cycles. At that time I could tolerate it because I didn't have a job or other obligations. But eventually, when I had to go back to work, I had to start taking benzos again.

Now, laying off benzos would give me excruciating anxiety and I'm not not sure I could become even more suicidal (think my suicidality is maxed out, or almost) but my existence would become even more unbearable until my paperwork and house stuff gets sorted out.