• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

E

excinephile

Aug 20, 2024
The thing is I suffer tremendously on a daily basis. It's horrific 10/10 anguish and I'm completely hopeless when it comes to recovery. However I somehow still manage to stay in touch with quite a lot of old friends who know me from just a year ago when I was a super upbeat and popular guy. So I somehow still profit from my past self's social achievements. And whenever I pop a benzo which makes me minimally more functional and able to meet someone I immediatly start clinging to life again instead of seeing it as a process of letting go. That makes CTB even more dificult bc I have all these ongoing relationships distracting me from my goal of ending my life. I imagine that withdrawing from your social circle might make this easier. On the other hand it makes the weeks/months/years leading up to the act even more lonely and miserable. I'm interested in your thoughts about this paradox.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bocchi, Temporal_Anchorite, kyhoti and 4 others
ThatGuyOverThere

ThatGuyOverThere

David Benatar Enjoyer
Apr 25, 2024
Friend have that kind of effect on people, we humans rely on other people as motivation to continue, we are hard wired to need the companionship of others. Though this can be defeated if one want's to, but that is a hard prosses that takes years of isolation and learning to deal with you're own thoughts.

So yes you are less likely to feel suicidal with a friend group, because you feel a primal need to survive for there benefit, not for your own. It's just remaining survival instincts form our hunter gathering days.

• Informative
Reactions: HiImMisanthrope, skybroke, lizzywizzy09 and 1 other person
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Student
Aug 6, 2024
I know exactly what you mean. Humans are social creatures, so it is only natural.
But even when I feel that surge of hope/energy after hanging out with someone nice, it is only momentary. The sad reality kicks right back in.

Reactions: HiImMisanthrope
E

excinephile

Aug 20, 2024
I know exactly what you mean. Humans are social creatures, so it is only natural.
But even when I feel that surge of hope/energy after hanging out with someone nice, it is only momentary. The sad reality kicks right back in.
Yeah it's like short vacation from hell, they go back about their buisness and I go back to misery.

• Aww..
Reactions: HiImMisanthrope and Lookingtoflyfree
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
I only have one friend irl that knows a lot about me. But I have a bad habit of making a lot of acquaintances who I spend time with regularly, and I think it really does make ctb more difficult

Reactions: excinephile
E

excinephile

Aug 20, 2024
I only have one friend irl that knows a lot about me. But I have a bad habit of making a lot of acquaintances who I spend time with regularly, and I think it really does make ctb more difficult
You always want to squeeze out just a few more nice hours with them.

Reactions: kunikuzushi
U

username12345

Aug 18, 2024
The thing is I suffer tremendously on a daily basis. It's horrific 10/10 anguish and I'm completely hopeless when it comes to recovery. However I somehow still manage to stay in touch with quite a lot of old friends who know me from just a year ago when I was a super upbeat and popular guy. So I somehow still profit from my past self's social achievements. And whenever I pop a benzo which makes me minimally more functional and able to meet someone I immediatly start clinging to life again instead of seeing it as a process of letting go. That makes CTB even more dificult bc I have all these ongoing relationships distracting me from my goal of ending my life. I imagine that withdrawing from your social circle might make this easier. On the other hand it makes the weeks/months/years leading up to the act even more lonely and miserable. I'm interested in your thoughts about this paradox.
Yes, generally you are describing having support which makes life more worth living. That's a good thing that people value you and you have people that support you and you start wanting to live more.

On the other hand, it's very easy for people to commit suicide if they don't have any support.

You should reach out to your friends and other supports more because that's an option for you.

Reactions: Reticent Being and whydidthishappen
E

excinephile

Aug 20, 2024
Yes, generally you are describing having support which makes life more worth living. That's a good thing that people value you and you have people that support you and you start wanting to live more.

On the other hand, it's very easy for people to commit suicide if they don't have any support.

You should reach out to your friends and other supports more because that's an option for you.
I am thankful for the support but sadly my problems are so far advanced that I don't have hope of recovery and try to muster up the courage for cbt. My friends let me kling to the old times, my old self that's gone for ever.

• Aww..
Reactions: voudebase, whydidthishappen and username12345
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Student
Aug 6, 2024
Yeah it's like short vacation from hell, they go back about their buisness and I go back to misery.
Looool yes, exactly! And I am pretty good at wearing the happy mask, so most of them don't even know how dark my thoughts really are.

W

whydidthishappen

May 6, 2024
Formula is= You know your true thoughts. That it can't get better?
Then I pop that benzo and woooohooooo
It's funny to laugh about the person and things I used to do but it's not my life now. You definitely aren't alone I'll tell you that.

But if you're not as much of an idiot as me you can get off the benzo and probably ā€¦live a normal life maybe (idk just trying not to make things worse

Last edited:
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I'm extremely isolated because I'm disabled and just don't have the energy to socialize. I used to be a teacher and was always doing social things until I got sick. Aside from bill collectors my phone never rings. When you're sick people move on. Being so alone definitely makes planning ctb easier. It would be a lot harder if I had an actual social network.

Reactions: whydidthishappen
E

excinephile

Aug 20, 2024
I'm extremely isolated because I'm disabled and just don't have the energy to socialize. I used to be a teacher and was always doing social things until I got sick. Aside from bill collectors my phone never rings. When you're sick people move on. Being so alone definitely makes planning ctb easier. It would be a lot harder if I had an actual social network.
Yes I became chronically ill too in a short timespan. It makes everything so much more difficult when you miss your old healthy self.

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Experienced
Jan 11, 2024
So well put. I have autism so social anything is extremely tough, but occasionally over the years I'll meet someone and we'll briefly be friends or have a relationship. They all go away. The autism dragon scares them and I am just back to being completely alone - if I go to a store, that's the social interaction for the day. I've tried to message people but they all just act like I'm dead and never contact me back. I get it now.

Finding out people you thought were friends saw you as a work buddy or just an easy fuck is worse than a breakup. I don't expect everyone to like me but the few people I did? I see I was just a hole and nothing more.

For me I say minimize any interactions with friends, and find places to get just enough social connection to keep going while you plan your CTB. My ideal would be to find ONE friend who has similar plans to end it. I also try to go to events and occasionally will talk to people to get enough 'social contact' to feel somewhat functional while I work on my escape plan, or maybe go to talks or some kind of not weird hippie church so I can top up my social battery and run home.

I tell myself I am an alien just preparing for my journey back to my home planet to console myself. I'm not lonely, I just never belonged here. I did really, really try and make it work, but it's time to go back home and off myself and feel my freedom, finally.

• Love
Reactions: Reticent Being
Temporal_Anchorite

Temporal_Anchorite

wanting outta this bitch
Sep 23, 2022
As of now, I literally have no one. If it weren't for me going into the office 5 days a week, I would be completely socially isolated. And even when I'm at work, I don't interact with a single soul.

Does it make it easier to CTB? 100%. Problem is, I'm still a little bitch who's afraid I might fuck up blowing my own brains out.

E

excinephile

Aug 20, 2024
As of now, I literally have no one. If it weren't for me going into the office 5 days a week, I would be completely socially isolated. And even when I'm at work, I don't interact with a single soul.

Does it make it easier to CTB? 100%. Problem is, I'm still a little bitch who's afraid I might fuck up blowing my own brains out.
I'm sorry. Yeah the fear of failure makes an already miserable situation even worse. I honestly can't believe that I'm still unable to act, after all the horrors I've been through. Somehow the worse it gets the more difficult it is for me to seriously attempt.

Props for.your Rabbits profile pic though. Great stuff. Inland Empire used to be my favourite movie.