• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Deardaddy

Deardaddy

Student
May 20, 2019
I don't know if it helps which are the best out there that I can feel life

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
SSRI ruined my life, I wish I never went on them.

Others may have different experience as there is no consistent science behind it, but it's my greatest regret ever going on them. Some side effects include permanent sexual dysfunction and emotional numbing. Be careful!!!!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Metalhead, charlottewilts, Mm80 and 6 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
emotional numbing.

For me, I think they have had the opposite effect when I got on them. My emotions were even more anxious and intense. The stuff is obviously a ploy to rake in money with little concern with who is permanently effected by them!

• Hugs
Reactions: essic. and Fragile
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
I truly believe it depends on the person just go into it with great caution. If it wasn't for Prozac I can truly say I would have CTB long ago, it doesn't take away the feelings but it takes away the urge for the most part and keeps me from making irrational decisions getting overwhelmed.

Reactions: DeadButDreaming and essic.
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I strongly believe that they are mostly placebos with bad side effects. Not even psychiatrist know how they work when they actually work, which is actually rare and people who had positive effects almost always relapse into depression or anxiety at some point. I've seen this same experience so many times with different people who regret taking them because of the side effects and low effectiveness.

This drug and how it's pushed on people as a blanket treatment for anything is the reason why I became wary of psychiatry and the shady industry that gets profit from it.

of course, they could work, every person is different after all. But I don't think it's worth to experience some of the side effects of these drugs for a small chance to get the desired effects.

Reactions: Metalhead, charlottewilts, puppy9 and 4 others
S

Septim

Jul 3, 2020
They do work for a lot of people but sometimes people need to try several before finding one that works and the side effects are pretty bad.

I'm on my 5th SSRI and it kinda works a bit but I feel like some of the ones I tried before permanently changed me in some ways.

If you're desperate I'd say try them but only if you don't have much to lose.

Reactions: DeadButDreaming and essic.
essic.

essic.

Jul 31, 2020
from what i experienced, it helps me a lot from my bpd but the pain and miserable beside from withdrawal after i quit SSRI's much worse than it was before.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I don't know if it helps which are the best out there that I can feel life

Antidepressant medications can help relieve the symptoms of anxiety and depression.

You should be guided by the opinions of your doctor as to medication choices, not anecdotes from members.

Please be mindful that this is a suicide forum, and so the majority of people here are likely to have had little success with antidepressant medications. This does not reflect their range of success in the wider community, however.

Also bear in mind that you are likely to encounter anti-medicine or anti-pharmaceutical conspiracy theories here that are extreme and not held by the wider population.

Reactions: DeadButDreaming, Bauhaus, everydayiloveyou and 6 others
S

Septim

Jul 3, 2020
Autumnal makes an excellent point. +1 to that

Reactions: autumnal
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I am on fluoxetine (Prozac) 40mg a day. I think it is working. I'm not anxious and not too depressed either. I'm on a bunch of other meds too.

Reactions: Weightoftheworld and autumnal
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Antidepressant medications can help relieve the symptoms of anxiety and depression.

Key word here being symptoms, which the drugs in turn bring new ones.

You should be guided by the opinions of your doctor as to medication choices, not anecdotes from members.

First of all, doctors such as GP's have absolutely no business prescribing things like SSRI's yet they do. They have no training in psychiatric disorders and they are prescribing this stuff as if it were aspirin. The science behind SSRI's are still poorly understood and doctors have a shallow understanding of how they work. Despite that, the safety of SSRI's in the long-term are mostly unknown, they are shoving them down anyone's throats that will take them as a first option (esp. children as they're naive) and they are even encouraged to do so. I've also been given contradicting advice from different shrinks so it's clear even they don't know wtf they're doing. They will also not warn you of any potential permanent side-effects, even if they are known.

Please be mindful that this is a suicide forum, and so the majority of people here are likely to have had little success with antidepressant medications. This does not reflect their range of success in the wider community, however.

There are also many here who have been directly ruined by them yet they are swept under the rug because convenience.

Also bear in mind that you are likely to encounter anti-medicine or anti-pharmaceutical conspiracy theories here that are extreme and not held by the wider population.

"not held by the wider population" Not like that means anything lol. I think it's highly suspect when antidepressant manufacturers can deny the publishing of studies that reflect poorly on their product. The corruption is pervasive and not that well concealed so I wouldn't even go as far as to call it a "conspiracy," those tend to happen behind close doors.

With all that said, if it's the difference between CTB and not CTB, then at that point it wouldn't hurt to try as you have nothing to lose. Just understand that the science behind it is not rock solid and it's based primarily upon trial and error no matter how much the psych's want to look like they know what they're doing. Do you want the doc's toying with your brain chemistry, possibly irreversibly, based upon trial and error?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LittleJem, charlottewilts, puppy9 and 4 others
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019

Excellent. Excellent.

Reactions: autumnal
C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
They do work for a lot of people but sometimes people need to try several before finding one that works and the side effects are pretty bad.

I'm on my 5th SSRI and it kinda works a bit but I feel like some of the ones I tried before permanently changed me in some ways.

If you're desperate I'd say try them but only if you don't have much to lose.
>lot of people

barely 46% over 6 months

Reactions: charlottewilts and Fragile
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
They do work for a lot of people but sometimes people need to try several before finding one that works.

I agree with this. IMO they can be helpful. I tried quite a few that did nothing but make me gain weight.

I'm on sertraline now for a couple years. Before I started it I was crying like 20 times a day. I had no control of my emotions. Now I only cry when theres a good reason. I'm not emotionally flat... just back to "normal".

This. 100%.

Reactions: DeadButDreaming, autumnal, Toobrokentofix and 1 other person
S

sapegato95

Aug 12, 2020
I wouldn't touch ssri those pills have way to much side effects

Reactions: Jumper Geo, Wayfaerer, Worthless_nobody and 2 others
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
SSRI ruined my life, I wish I never went on them.

Others may have different experience as there is no consistent science behind it, but it's my greatest regret ever going on them. Some side effects include permanent sexual dysfunction and emotional numbing. Be careful!!!!
Same here. It's because of them I'm on here. Horrendous unimaginable withdrawal effects. Stay away from them. Only benefit of them is drug company profit. Many natural alternatives xx
Key word here being symptoms, which the drugs in turn bring new ones.

First of all, doctors such as GP's have absolutely no business prescribing things like SSRI's yet they do. They have no training in psychiatric disorders and they are prescribing this stuff as if it were aspirin. The science behind SSRI's are still poorly understood and doctors have a shallow understanding of how they work. Despite that, the safety of SSRI's in the long-term are mostly unknown, they are shoving them down anyone's throats that will take them as a first option (esp. children as they're naive) and they are even encouraged to do so. I've also been given contradicting advice from different shrinks so it's clear even they don't know wtf they're doing. They will also not warn you of any potential permanent side-effects, even if they are known.

There are also many here who have been directly ruined by them yet they are swept under the rug because convenience.

"not held by the wider population" Not like that means anything lol. I think it's highly suspect when antidepressant manufacturers can deny the publishing of studies that reflect poorly on their product. The corruption is pervasive and not that well concealed so I wouldn't even go as far as to call it a "conspiracy," those tend to happen behind close doors.

With all that said, if it's the difference between CTB and not CTB, then at that point it wouldn't hurt to try as you have nothing to lose. Just understand that the science behind it is not rock solid and it's based primarily upon trial and error no matter how much the psych's want to look like they know what they're doing. Do you want the doc's toying with your brain chemistry, possibly irreversibly, based upon trial and error?
Agree totally. Serious side effects , addictive. Brilliant idea docs. Check out survivingantidepressants.org. one of many sites / groups warning about them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumper Geo, charlottewilts, jrums and 3 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019

I agree with most of what you are saying, but the issues with the pharmaceutical industry are very real and to dismiss them as a just a conspiracy is just wrong.

This industry is extremely corrupt, they have a history of frauds, multiple billion dollars lawsuits and horrible scandals that are way too public for them to be considered just conspiracy theories. They truly earn their place as one of the most hated industries with how much damage they have done and continue to do.

Not to mention that the studies on this class of drugs are unreliable at best and over 80% of them had some sort of founding directly coming from big pharma. There's a lot of conflict on interest in here and on the DSM-5, which is pushed as the bible of psychiatry and yet, it became a gigantic piece of advertisement for some drugs and treatments.

I'm not saying that these drugs never work or that there isn't anyone with good intentions who's testing and advocating for these kind of antidepressants, but the fact is the industry behind them is shady and is driven by money more than anything. Being at least wary of them is the best thing to do.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Wayfaerer and charlottewilts
jrums

jrums

Student
Apr 14, 2019
Caused me permanent sexual dysfunction, emotional numbness, insomnia, physical problems, etc. Not worth it

• Hugs
Reactions: ADruinedmylife, Metalhead, Jumper Geo and 3 others
foreverlikethestars

foreverlikethestars

Jun 23, 2020
Can show decent efficacy in select cases however they are handed out like candy.

Reactions: LittleJem
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
The previous comments have said a lot of what I would contribute. I would just reiterate that it's a lot of trial and error, finding the right SSRI and dosage. My experience with escitalopram (Lexapro) was horrible, but I had more success with sertraline (Zoloft) for a time. I'm now on an SNRI - duloxetine (Cymbalta). Also worth noting - coming off SSRIs can be really rough.

Reactions: Dreamless Sleep
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
For me, I think they have had the opposite effect when I got on them. My emotions were even more anxious and intense. The stuff is obviously a ploy to rake in money with little concern with who is permanently effected by them!

Correction, when i said ON I actually meant OFF. My emotions were very volatile when I got off of them, and that's not even mentioning the brain zaps! It's fucking poison and I'm sure it has changed my brain permanently so that it depends on it.

• Hmph!
Reactions: cappuccinogirl
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I have been on many. Pristiq was the one that made me numb, which my psychiatrist and I agreed was best for the time. Unfortunately one of the side effects (not a top one), was bruxism, and my teeth have really suffered. That med has a short half life, too - if I didn't take a dose within 24 hours, had the worst headache. I got off it easier than I thought I would. Back on Prozac and am surprisingly remaining mostly numb.

Just an aside...read all of the side effects. I even had one give me restless legs syndrome, which is really a thing and a pain in the behind when you're trying to sleep!

Reactions: Fragile
Zorya

Zorya

Aug 21, 2020
Absolutely not, at least in my case.
The only med that helps me is Xanax (Alprazolam).

Reactions: jrums
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I would try microdosing first as it's safer. But saying that, SSRIS do really help some people. I have friends they have really helped. For me, they didn't work, but I have only tried one of them for long enough, then another one for just four weeks (as my doctor didn't know what they were doing).

Whatever you take, do your own research too - though that can be scary, so you might be better off just popping the pills. There is a percentage of people they help. There are also side effects - which affect different people. The advice I was given was to go on them, and you can always come off them again. I'd give them 3 months maybe? Then taper off and try the next one...

LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
I don't recommend any psych drugs whatsoever. I've been drugged with them against my will and psychiatry ruined my life. Now I just wait to my death, it's not very pleasant experience.

• Aww..
Reactions: jrums, Wayfaerer and cappuccinogirl