nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I don't know how normal this is but I talk to myself. I'm not talking about just muttering but i tend to imagine that there's a person there and have a one sided conversation with them. My parents have heard me a few times and think I'm fucking insane.

Am I though? I've never had hallucinations but once experienced delusions of castrating myself. I was diagnosed with a psychotic disorder that happened back in 2013. I just get bored with no friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: Despondent, voyager, Green Destiny and 7 others
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
Yes, ever since fifth grade, I love talk to myself, I express my thoughts much better, and I have huge dialogues with myself that way.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nitrogen, Fragile, Skathon and 6 others
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
I do! All the time. And some times I record video of me talking and watch it back. It's always been pretty soothing. Actually was probably a solid coping mechanism until recently, managing to keep me busy and alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Deleted member 14573, a_strange_day and 2 others
M

Matthias_k

Apr 18, 2020
Yes I do that sometimes. But it always end in a fight.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Skathon, Deleted member 14573 and 4 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
There was another thread about this if you do a search. I'll try to find it myself.

And yes I talk to myself. I know what I'm going to say half the time.
For me I feel it's part of the OCD.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...ry-conversations-with-people-they-know.35855/

Last edited:
Reactions: voyager
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I do. A sort of mumbling. According to my best friend its the first sign of losing it :)
Off topic @Underscore ...where is the cute bear??

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Yup I have conversations with myself all the time

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573 and a_strange_day
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Only when these two conditions are met:

1. I'm angry as hell
2. I'm home alone

• Hugs
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Depends what you mean. Do I talk to myself in my head and have mental/imagined conversations? Yes. Who doesn't do this?

However I don't have verbal conversations with myself, I don't talk out loud as if there is another person with me.

One of my siblings used to do this when he was unemployed and trying but failing to get a job for a while, in addition to going through a breakup. We were both living with our parents at the time. He would have super negative, angry conversations with himself out loud. Tons of swearing, hatred towards himself and others....

It legitimately scared the hell out of me, I worried for his mental health and sometimes even for the physical safety of myself and the rest of the family (when he had huge angry blowups which for a long time was a weekly occurrence). Luckily he's doing a lot better today (as far as I know but as I'm well aware people can hide how they really feel).

I'd never tell my sibling this but his behavior had a negative impact on me. It's hard to explain how I felt about it and the impact it had on me but I just know and can feel that it did affect me (I'm not very good at describing my own feelings, idk why but it's like I don't have the language/words for how I feel a lot of the time) but his breakdown kind of made me realize just how fragile our mental health is. It also fractured my perception of my family.

I think one thing that really bothers me about that phase in my life is a motif in my thoughts for the past year. As I get older I come to realize more and more just how uncertain things really are, how things are always changing and things don't stay the same. How limited and biased my thinking and perception of everything really is and how not only is physical life itself changing but also I myself am changing. Even my own perceptions are fragile and subject to change dramatically as I gain more experiences through time.

I don't really know how I feel about this fact about life and our mortality as human beings. how questionable all of our perceptions are and how life seems to have a way to challenge our views when previously we felt so certain and were comforted from that little shred of certainty in such a complex and constantly changing world.

Ha sorry, I went on a tangent but this topic just reminded me of a phase in my life I'd rather forget about but is like a stain that is hardly visible but noticeable enough and will never go away.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Una and Deleted member 14573
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I do it sometimes. Imaginary friends since I don't have friends to talk to

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Halo13
nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
So from what I gather, most people on this thread do it in their head. I'm actually talking about verbalising my thoughts and imagining there's someone else there. So perhaps that's not too weird

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573 and Halo13
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
So from what I gather, most people on this thread do it in their head. I'm actually talking about verbalising my thoughts and imagining there's someone else there. So perhaps that's not too weird
Never fear - I understood what you meant. I do verbally speak out loud to myself on a daily basis, not just in my head. Suppose it comes with disassociative issues.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Una and Deleted member 14573
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
TALK LAUGH SCREAM CRY ETC TO MYSELF ALL THE F TIME
AND TO MY DEAD SUNSHINE
HE CTB'D IN OUR BED AND I RARELY LEFT IT EVER SINCE ..
ITS AN ON GOING SLUMBER PARTY AT MINE
LEMONS!?.... LEMONADE!
INNIT..

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Halo13 and Deleted member 14573
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Sure, whispered under my breath while walking or running. I always have to be careful not to start gesticulating. Another place I do it is in my car, but I figured at some point that no one can tell whether I am on the phone or not, so it doesn't bother me anymore. It is a way to sort out my brain and prepare myself for future conversations with people.

• Hugs
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I was seeing someone awhile back and while they were doing some gardening work I was sitting on the deck and stupidly going over how my life got fucked. I was going over a scenario where a coworker gave me some Valium and was just talking under my breath and they heard me and never talked to me again.
This person claimed to be an empath even which is kind of bullshit, either way never did it again
Peace/hugs

Reactions: Halo13 and a.n.kirillov
Forest Fire

Forest Fire

Student
Jul 19, 2019
I know there's no one else there but I have 'conversations' with people out loud. I gesticulate as if there was someone there. I usually only do it when i'm by myself but it happens at work sometimes as well. Tends to happen when I've not been sleeping well and i'm obsessing over something that is stressing me out.
Plus I wouldn't be surprised if I do it because I severely lack interaction with people and this is a way of compensating

SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I do lol and get pretty intense at times. I feel a bit "ashamed" of it sometimes because it's just another thing for people to be like "uhhh what the fuck?". Plus my girlfriend knows a guy and one day was like "oh my god he talks to himself, like full blown conversations!" And I was like "... uhhh so do I though..." *awkward silence* lol. It just keeps me from USUALLY confronting someone and causing a shit storm, I try to vent as much as I can.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Oh all the time my friend! I talk to myself daily, about what i'm doing at that moment or just what's going through my head in general. Though I only do it when i'm by myself, I feel embarrassed if I talk to myself and it turns out there's someone nearby listening.

Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Well try having sum one else living in your head when people see me they just see me but thats not true . Infact they two people in front of them let me tell you why you may be not interested in this but here we go . For as long as i can remember i bin trying to keep my self under control keep my anger and meny other negative emotions and thoughts under control. After years of this became aware of a voice in my head every time I got stressed or down . Then one day it started to talk to me and i talked back lets just say thr talk was very dark in tone. I just sort ot put up with it i just saw it as another problem to deal with . But one day i found out it was a complete person in my head i was at work that day many many years ago. This guy at work had bin having a go at me all week then on that fateful day it happened. He grabbed me and and started to yell at me i sort of started to feel odd next thing i know i was holding him on a cross cut saw in the wood work shop threatening to cut his head of . I was told later by the others as he yell at me my eyes seemed to change a odd look came over me and very creepy smile then i hit him so hard i sent him flying. Then i slapped him a round alot as the others looked on they i was just smiling the weird smile. Then thats when I put him on the saw and switch it on by this time the guy was screaming at me to stop . Thats when i came to at that pont luck for him i guess any i must of scared them all shitles as they never told any one else what happened. It was not until a few weeks later they guy i beat up was a black belt in judo or sum like that . They was me throwing him around like a rag doll later he came up to me to say sorry . But what he told me next got to me he told me he knew how to read people see who was hard or soft he thought I would be soft target . So he try to push me around he told me on that day as he yell at me he saw me become sum one else. He told me my hold body language changed it was as he told i was a complete different person sum full of anger and rage. At that point he new he was in the shit and was not going to end well for him . He told me he never seen anything like that before and never wanted to see it ever again in fact he new he was going to die that day but sum how little old me got back in control luck for him . But ever after that if i got angry so upset i would start to hear him in my head telling me to let him out to play. But sum how i keep him in control sum days i can sit they a talk to it like a long the lines of i should let him out for a little fun . But no he stays in that little corner of my head all when the doctors started to put me on pain meds it helped keep him in control to . But now the doctors are trying to cut my pain killers down dred to think what mite happen just think what they do if i told them why i over use them for apart from the pain. LOL they would lock me up for ever but its an on going battle if i do start to lose control of him then well onley one way i can deal with him ;) . We both lose but at least he be gone mind you not to bother about dieing these days. What else is they keep my self away from every one else in the world until the day I die because if i lose it next time i might not make it back in time. Are well they othe folks worse of than me no worries a ( lafes manicly hehehehe ) :) have a nice day folks.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I often do.
The problems begin when it turns into a sort of theological debate and... It's hard on the "cpu", if you will. Especially after a seizure.
I have to fight myself to not have a rant in my head going full force.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I talk out loud when I'm working through things. My flatmate always asks if I'm speaking directly to him but usually I'm just clartifying things in my head.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Sometimes I have cringey thoughts about stuff in my past and I yell out thinking about them. It's kind of like a reflex.

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I don't but I'm going to try it some time because obviously there's no way I can get these thoughts out to others

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Only if I drop something on my foot, for instance, and need to verbalize the pain with the help of swear words.