U

Underdepth

Nov 19, 2019
I am eighteen years old, who quit school.. so I have an incomplete education.
I quit school because of the way they taught , I could not learn from The lectures or just listening or writing down notes , it's too under stimulating. It was unfortunate for me too because I went to a school that only had a graduation rate of 26%, and the teachers seemed uneducated or not always knowing what to do. I do not remember anything I learnt in high school, elementary or junior high school . once I learnt it , I'd do a test and dump the information on it, pass and exceed the test and then 1 or two weeks later I forgot everything and so each time I go into a new grade in a new class I'd have to relearn everything and the teachers would sometimes assume I am lower intelligence but I am not. And so it made going got school worthless , because I was not learning. I remember my friend in school saying " if you cannot remember everything in school, then why go? It is fruitless ." And I mostly had trouble with High School, it was so face paced. To not what I am used to, and I am usually a slow paced person. I have average intelligence , it is not that I am associated with below intelligence or learning disabilities but them at I have a different approach with learning and because the way the education system is now, hasn't changed in years and there way of learning starves creativity . I am wanting to go back to school but I want a school that works with my needs, that's suitable for my learning abilities , I do not want a school where there's lecture , systematic , and controlling , like regular schools. Teacher talks, you write notes, study for test and that is all. I want a school that's experimental and where you learn through experiencing and hand on activity. A school with a creative and innovative way of learning and outlook . Does anyone know where I could find it ?

I am wanting to complete my education, and then meet people there, form friendships and then I could have my life back on track.

• Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts and MysticPerception
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
What you're asking for sounds like it would be some sort of private school though I'm not sure. Really depends on where you live. I also couldn't deal with highschool so I dropped out senior year and got my GED. Not sure if you can still do that in your situation but it's an alternative instead of continuing to not learn anything and wasting your time.

Rhyme

Rhyme

Sleep now and carry on into the black of the night
Jan 18, 2020
Here in the states I went to a charter school that was similar to what you describe, but charter schools can vary WILDLY in how they do things. And my school for instance got bought out/transferred ownership and all the curriculum changed to garbage. I dropped out junior year and ended up getting my degree from an online school, so that's also an option, though you're not going to make friends that way, it's expensive, and it's very easy to just ignore it and procrastinate.