T

TheUncommon

Student
May 19, 2021
I have some kind of pseudo-seizure / tic disorder that I don't think has been officially diagnosed (they don't want to call it epilepsy despite around 6-7 grand mal seizures occurring in the past year, many of which were seen by paramedics in the ambulance).

Before these, I have had these temporary bursts of energy that play out involuntarily and cannot be stopped. Of these, many of them are me punching, slapping, or reaching for my ears. If I happen to have a sharp object in my hands during one of the "punching" tics, I run the risk of stabbing myself deeply.

One of my psychiatrists calls these "tics". I don't know if this is accurate. It feels like a form of failed impulse control, and something pretty much on the edge of involuntary movement and controllable movement. Does anyone else here have seemingly involuntary movements that result in harm to ones self? Do you know if your movements are due to Tourette's, a seizure related symptom, ADHD, or something else? I'm not looking to apply your diagnoses to myself, I just want to know if the issues I have exist with other people.

Last edited: