sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

Reactions: Kit1
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Yup. Even when I agree with someone, my first impulse is to disagree just because. Don't know why. But am able to reign back that impulse because it's usually not logical and ends up making everything worse and me unhappy.
Someone else: The sky is blue
My brain: UM, ACKSHUALLY, IT'S NOT BLUE ITS BLAH BLAHBLAH
Me to them: Yeah probably

Someone else: I think Unicron is freaking awesome
My brain: No he's not there are better transformers out there shut up
Other half of my brain: Yeah he's pretty awesome :)
Me to them: Yeah he's pretty awesome :)

People that are stupidly obstinate are the people that get laughed at on youtube for resisting the police for something stupid. Don't be that kind of person LOL

Reactions: Kit1, chandranatha and sserafim
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
When I was younger, yes. The older I've gotten, my view is more that I was born to be myself. And if being myself happens to be defiant with whatever is going on in the rest of the world, I should learn to make peace with it. And if being myself happens to be doing something most people also do, that's fine as well. As long as I don't put myself in a box and limit who I can be, it's all good imo.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: moshimoshi, Kit1 and sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Sometimes I feel that way, though it's more likely I was only born to be a cautionary tale for someone else's story.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: FERAL_FRENZY, moshimoshi, Kit1 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Like maybe people will see what I'm like and strive to not be that way. Or maybe they'll hate me so much that my death will be a positive thing for them.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Unicr0n
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Like maybe people will see what I'm like and strive to not be that way. Or maybe they'll hate me so much that my death will be a positive thing for them.
Yes, that's how my death is going to be perceived by some others form school due to how crappy I was as a kid/teen. I look at who I was in the past and strive not to be like that. To the point where people who act like I used to aggravate me so much I kind of wish they didn't exist either LOL.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, sserafim and Dr Iron Arc
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: Burnout_Wizard, moshimoshi, Kit1 and 2 others
Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
I remember reading about gnosticism in Christianity. The entire belief system is very complicated and off putting, but it basically described humanity as the result of a union between a fool and a rebel, which ironically makes sense. Humans just defy by nature.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I remember reading about gnosticism in Christianity. The entire belief system is very complicated and off putting, but it basically described humanity as the result of a union between a fool and a rebel, which ironically makes sense. Humans just defy by nature.
Don't humans conform by nature? They get swept up into herd mentality and groupthink
Yup. Even when I agree with someone, my first impulse is to disagree just because. Don't know why. But am able to reign back that impulse because it's usually not logical and ends up making everything worse and me unhappy.

People that are stupidly obstinate are the people that get laughed at on youtube for resisting the police for something stupid. Don't be that kind of person LOL
I also have the urge to disagree with people. It's like I want to be combative and argue with them. I like debating people and playing devil's advocate

Last edited:
Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
Don't humans conform by nature? They get swept up into herd mentality and groupthink.
Conformity is also a form of rebellion. By getting swept up by others, they're rebelling against those who don't conform. Every person is engaged in a rebellion against others, for others, or in other words, themselves. If you flip it that way, there really is no difference between conformity and rebellion.

• Informative
Reactions: bebebeep, Kit1 and sserafim
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I am at two extremes. Most people see me as being passive. Yet I am also known for taking companies to court or make complaints if I see unfair working practises - but will not raise my voice and still come across as being humble. On more than one occasion, people have said that it is difficult to argue with me as I am too softly spoken, yet combatative. The need to speak up against injustices is important - mynpersknal feeling anyway and especially true for those of us who are able to do so.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I am at two extremes. Most people see me as being passive. Yet I am also known for taking companies to court or make complaints if I see unfair working practises - but will not raise my voice and still come across as being humble. On more than one occasion, people have said that it is difficult to argue with me as I am too softly spoken, yet combatative. The need to speak up against injustices is important - mynpersknal feeling anyway and especially true for those of us who are able to do so.
Most people see me as being passive too. I'm passive in public and in social settings and situations. I like to blend in with my surroundings and fade into the background. I like to kind of camouflage myself, but I have the secret desire to rebel and defy. I'm also soft spoken, but I don't speak up against injustices, as I have nowhere to. I post about injustices on this forum though. I want to be combative but I can only be at home

Last edited:
  • Hugs
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
I also have the urge to disagree with people. It's like I want to be combative and argue with them. I like debating people and playing devil's advocate

That's just the Socratic method. I'm the same way. It's how you become more knowledgeable on a given topic. If you only hear and/or give arguments in one direction you're limiting yourself. So long as you're polite it shouldn't be seen as "combative" to have a bit of debate.

• Informative
Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
Most people see me as being passive too. I'm passive in public and in social settings and situations. I like to blend in with my surroundings and fade into the background. I like to kind of camouflage myself, but I have the secret desire to rebel and defy. I'm also soft spoken, but I don't speak up against injustices, as I have nowhere to. I post about injustices on this forum though. I want to be combative but I can only be at home

Maybe you are passive-aggressive?

• Informative
Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
Maybe…how would you know if you are?

By observing and reflecting on your own behavior, I suppose? Just going by what you said—that you're passive but have a desire to rebel and defy and be combative—it sounds like you are passive-aggressive.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
By observing and reflecting on your own behavior, I suppose? Just going by what you said—that you're passive but have a desire to rebel and defy and be combative—it sounds like you are passive-aggressive.
Other people think that I'm passive but I guess I could be passive-aggressive…

Last edited:
Reactions: Guy Smiley
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: sserafim and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think I had the genes and upbringing to comply actually. I come from a long line of people who complied. I was taught to comply and to some extent, I do. I'm a rebel at heart though.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Pluto
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Bread loaf 🍞 my dog does that too
I think I had the genes and upbringing to comply actually. I come from a long line of people who complied. I was taught to comply and to some extent, I do. I'm a rebel at heart though.
I was also taught to comply but I don't like or want to. Wdym to some extent? Are there certain instances where you comply and others where you don't? I think I had ODD for a bit when I was younger, but it got stamped out. I'm also a rebel at heart

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto