• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's fair to say a lot of people here (including me) feel kind of excited about our own death. I find myself saying to myself: 'I can't wait to be dead' multiple times throughout the day.

What exactly is it we're excited for though? I think maybe the majority of people here belive there's nothing after death. So, we're not really looking forward to being able to enjoy a nice rest. Is it just the absence of life and specifically, the shittier aspects of life we are excited about? I suppose personally, I'm just sick to death of the daily grind. I can't wait to not have to try anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thebelljarrr, J&L383, fleetingnight and 15 others
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
it just seems like the most beautiful sleep. no more sadness and nostalgia for things that can never be.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thebelljarrr, rosepanda, landslide2 and 11 others
H

hadenough58

Looking for Understanding
Mar 7, 2024
I am not sure "Excited" would be the right word but certainly a sense of fulfilment in that the end of my suffering was in sight?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, thebelljarrr, hellworldprincess and 7 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I'm so far past the line of being weird I've looped back around and passed it again.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, Hollowman, lacrimosa and 4 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I don't believe it's weird. It just shows you how much someone hated this life that the thing that exites them is the idea of being dead and finally leaving their existence. I personally am mostly exited with a bit of anxiety and sadness added to the mix.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, WantThisToEnd, Forever Sleep and 4 others
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
I find myself saying to myself: 'I can't wait to be dead' multiple times throughout the day.
I also find myself constantly thinking or saying to myself 'I want out of here', 'I can't stand this hellhole any longer', 'I'm fed up with this pigsty world', etc.

But I wouldn't say I am excited when I think of "finally leaving". The only excitement I've experienced was when, after months of planning, I finally got to buy all the things I need for my method. I got really excited about finally having at my disposal the means, the Key, to leave this prison. I've felt not only excitement but a huge relieve. That was six months ago.

But after all, my feelings have become heavier and grievous day by day. The idea of not suffering anymore, of not continuing this life is very appealing to me, but I also feel aversion to the Idea of dying.

It's the most dreadful feeling of being stuck in a rot.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: puppybrained, Forever Sleep, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Cress

Cress

Experienced
Oct 15, 2023
it just seems like the most beautiful sleep. no more sadness and nostalgia for things that can never be.
Unfortunately the fear of the unknown is pretty disturbing. Having some sort of afterlife is more terrifying than not. Imagine if you just pop out after passing and stare at your body for all eternity. You have no idea where to go or what to do there is no heaven or hell or anyone else around.

I think it's fair to say a lot of people here (including me) feel kind of excited about our own death. I find myself saying to myself: 'I can't wait to be dead' multiple times throughout the day.

What exactly is it we're excited for though? I think maybe the majority of people here belive there's nothing after death. So, we're not really looking forward to being able to enjoy a nice rest. Is it just the absence of life and specifically, the shittier aspects of life we are excited about? I suppose personally, I'm just sick to death of the daily grind. I can't wait to not have to try anymore.
For me I don't know about excited but I think it's reasonable to feel relieved. I guess one argument you can make against being afraid of passing is it's going to happen regardless of what you do.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It depends on personal circumstances and what makes someone suicidal. I can imagine that if someone reaches such a low point where only death is the one and only solution to be relieved from all agony and suffering there can be a kind of excitement to discover the undiscovered on "the other side".

Reactions: Forever Sleep and thewalkingdread
T

trs

Jun 29, 2024

I don't know why you'd feel the majority of people here (or anywhere) believe there's nothing after death. Most I know and in the world feel the opposite. And there absolutely is the continuation of consciousness after death. I've experienced it. And that is what gives me some peace in life after death because I know that consciousness doesn't end. So, don't make the mistake of thinking you will no longer be conscious after death, because believe me, you will.
Obviously you'd no longer be in a physical body, but your consciousness absolutely lives on. And yes, it obviously is a very different experience to being incarnated, but there is still much that happens in spirit, there is work that occurs, there is healing that occurs, but the focus in those areas is on the spirit vs. on the more physical aspects that we experience when incarnated.

• Hugs
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Yes I'm excited for my Death . A micro second after ths monstrous brain stem dies All my problems are solved instantly and forever . Beautiful non-existence forever = no chance of any unbearable pain or suffering, no problems , no chores ,no work ever again, no suffering no pain no stress no worries, no bad memories, out of the prison, the imposition is undone. That's why non-existence forever is the best thing.

Death will be like me going back in time to the year 1859 . I didn't exist then and had no problem with not existing. I had no problems all that time I didn't exist for 13.8 billion years before I was born. The problems began for me when they birthed me into this evil world as an always hungry needy fragile decaying small animal

We all will die anyway.

Imo a human including me is just a bug

They mapped all the neurons in a larval fly. A neuron in a human mouse or fly is exactly the same. A neuron is a brain cell

some of the neural networks in the fly brain were uncannily similar to those in ai llms like chat gpt

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hollowman, divinemistress36, Jarni and 3 others
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
Unfortunately the fear of the unknown is pretty disturbing. Having some sort of afterlife is more terrifying than not. Imagine if you just pop out after passing and stare at your body for all eternity. You have no idea where to go or what to do there is no heaven or hell or anyone else around.

For me I don't know about excited but I think it's reasonable to feel relieved. I guess one argument you can make against being afraid of passing is it's going to happen regardless of what you do.
i guess i'm not spiritual enough to find that a concern, of course it is a valid fear.

• Hugs
Cress

Cress

Experienced
Oct 15, 2023
i guess i'm not spiritual enough to find that a concern, of course it is a valid fear.
Yeah I'm like half and half I'm a lot more logical and scientific though. Every culture on the planet having some idea of a soul gives me at least a small percentage of pause. Plus I've encountered some things in my life that I couldn't explain. Personal experience is the worst outcome.

• Hugs
C

catnowmeowmeow

Jul 16, 2024
Knowing that it will end keeps me going. So yes it is kind of exciting!

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, divinemistress36, Forever Sleep and 2 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
I'm actually excited to experience hypoxia specifically and consciousness slowly dissipating, like the very experience of it. Maybe an NDE hallucination.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Forever Sleep, jar-baby and 2 others
T

timetodie24

Mage
Apr 14, 2023
I think it's 'normal' to be excited for the pain to end. Often people who lost someone to ctb say that the person seemed happier in final days . I guess not everyone feels excited for it as some people may be scared or numb only and not want to die but see it as only way.

I'm excited for it too though

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't know why you'd feel the majority of people here (or anywhere) believe there's nothing after death. Most I know and in the world feel the opposite. And there absolutely is the continuation of consciousness after death. I've experienced it. And that is what gives me some peace in life after death because I know that consciousness doesn't end. So, don't make the mistake of thinking you will no longer be conscious after death, because believe me, you will.
Obviously you'd no longer be in a physical body, but your consciousness absolutely lives on. And yes, it obviously is a very different experience to being incarnated, but there is still much that happens in spirit, there is work that occurs, there is healing that occurs, but the focus in those areas is on the spirit vs. on the more physical aspects that we experience when incarnated.

I get the impression the majority of people here are atheists and believe consciousness dies with the brain. Not everyone of course and I'm not dismissing what anyone believes. It's just an overall impression I've gotten. I could be wrong of course.

I'm definitely curious though. So, do you think our lives here have purpose? Are our consciousnesses supposed to be trying to achieve or learn something? What do you suppose the end goal is? Do we ever reach a time where we've done everything we're supposed to do? Who decides? Then, what do we do? Those are some of the major queries I have with this theory. Just- what could it all be for?

But sure, personal experience reigns supreme. I'm sure I'd feel differently if I'd experienced spiritual things first hand. I'm of the viewpoint that I'm open to both- scientific and spiritual explanations for things. I'm very much undecided. Honestly though, I hope there's nothing. No God, no afterlife, no reincarnation. I've had enough of awareness.

Reactions: thewalkingdread
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't see how it could be weird, I personally see ceasing to exist as something positive for me as it means I'll no longer be burdened with this existence and I won't be able to suffer for all eternity. All I've ever wished for is eternal nothingness, I have no interest in suffering for decades in this hellish existence just to be tormented by old age and die anyway, I'll always see it as dreadful to exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and thewalkingdread
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
sweet release from life no more waking up to find yourself in the same hole everyday

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, Hollowman, WantThisToEnd and 4 others
Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Experienced
Jan 11, 2024
For me it's freedom from suffering. Autism and ADHD and CPTSD are making my life unliveable. There's no cure for any of those. I am worried about economic insecurity and climate change, but there are ways to work with others on those. Autism in particular doesn't change and it is making my life hell and removing my brain with a bullet would certainly end that pain. You will have regrets but also the hum in my head and the pain of so many hurtful encounters and feeling like an alien trapped on the wrong planet - that feeling ending? It's everything giving me hope.

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread, divinemistress36 and Forever Sleep
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I don't know why you'd feel the majority of people here (or anywhere) believe there's nothing after death. Most I know and in the world feel the opposite.
That is the case for the majority here though. There are several threads and polls regarding the subject of afterlife or none existence to prove that. As I understand it's also the case for a significant percentage of people irl. I think it varieties majorly in your location. I could be wrong but there are areas with more of a mindset that nothing exists after an afterlife with the majority of the society being thought of that from an early age (and i believe that to be the majority). Then there are other areas in which the society is built and thought about life after death. There will of course be a few minorities in the middle of those that managed to break free of the norm and have their own perspective and whatnot but the way I see it if all you ever know since you can remember is one "truth", it will be hard to let go of that. I grew up in church and believe in the existence of an afterlife as much as I believe in my name. As do the majority (nearly all) of the people around me. but if someone came now and tell me different, it could never make sense to me. I believe it is true for someone else in the other part of the society. The same is true if all you ever know is death happens then lights out, the rest wouldn't make sense at all. It all just depends on where you are and what you've been exposed to. The world is much bigger than we assume it to be.

• Love
H

hematomatema

Feb 29, 2024
I think it's really weird to feel actively excited about it, but I understand the relief that comes with it - that's not necessarily strange.

• Hugs
T

trs

Jun 29, 2024
I get the impression the majority of people here are atheists and believe consciousness dies with the brain. Not everyone of course and I'm not dismissing what anyone believes. It's just an overall impression I've gotten. I could be wrong of course.

I'm definitely curious though. So, do you think our lives here have purpose? Are our consciousnesses supposed to be trying to achieve or learn something? What do you suppose the end goal is? Do we ever reach a time where we've done everything we're supposed to do? Who decides? Then, what do we do? Those are some of the major queries I have with this theory. Just- what could it all be for?

But sure, personal experience reigns supreme. I'm sure I'd feel differently if I'd experienced spiritual things first hand. I'm of the viewpoint that I'm open to both- scientific and spiritual explanations for things. I'm very much undecided. Honestly though, I hope there's nothing. No God, no afterlife, no reincarnation. I've had enough of awareness.
There are a lot of people on here who are very spiritual. They really stand out when they write.
When someone writes I'm a this religion or that, or even atheist, it's because they haven't yet perceived their spiritual self (the lasting, undying part of us) while incarnated. They still have the physical veils of distortion blocking out their ability to perceive. Once one has perceived and has realized it, they usually never perceive things the same way again, the veils are lifting
. We are often here to finally come to that realization and perception that this is who we are, we are eternal spirit and consciousness, which is what starts giving being here physically meaning beyond needing to simply survive, feel power, repress fear. It is to start to feel love, eternal divine love, while we are here. We feel it every minute when we are in spirit, but when we are here in body, we forget and loose the connection to it. It is to remember this love, and connect with others through it, and spread it while we are here. It's what helps our collective consciousness evolve while we are here.
Our souls are here to evolve collectively (and individually, as one evolves individually so does it push the rest to evolve) while we are incarnated. We can't do this collectively when we are in spirit.
Evolution while in body, is a most difficult thing to do. You agreed to do it before you came (me too). You just don't remember (like everyone else). It's a process to re-remember this and it can take many lifetimes. We keep coming back until we do. It's why this all exists. But this re-remembering is happening faster now and why so many people are struggling more an more, as it is part of the collective plan that it would accelerate now. This is also why things seem to be getting harder and more difficult too, because this process is so hard, and many of the collective are unconsciously fighting against it. We will all get their some day, but it may take a while.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and divinemistress36
AmberianDawn

AmberianDawn

Jun 9, 2024
It's a strange feeling, but while I'm sleeping I don't have any problems, so it will be the same as being dead, besides I don't like how society is designed, I'm glad to know that I won't be part of this for much longer, I know I won't have to watch how we all grow old and stay sick waiting to die, I prefer to be active and choose my own method of death, decide when and where, not wait for life to decide for me

Reactions: thebelljarrr, Forever Sleep, Fall_Apart and 1 other person
T

trs

Jun 29, 2024
That is the case for the majority here though. There are several threads and polls regarding the subject of afterlife or none existence to prove that. As I understand it's also the case for a significant percentage of people irl. I think it varieties majorly in your location. I could be wrong but there are areas with more of a mindset that nothing exists after an afterlife with the majority of the society being thought of that from an early age (and i believe that to be the majority). Then there are other areas in which the society is built and thought about life after death. There will of course be a few minorities in the middle of those that managed to break free of the norm and have their own perspective and whatnot but the way I see it if all you ever know since you can remember is one "truth", it will be hard to let go of that. I grew up in church and believe in the existence of an afterlife as much as I believe in my name. As do the majority (nearly all) of the people around me. but if someone came now and tell me different, it could never make sense to me. I believe it is true for someone else in the other part of the society. The same is true if all you ever know is death happens then lights out, the rest wouldn't make sense at all. It all just depends on where you are and what you've been exposed to. The world is much bigger than we assume it to be.
No it goes way beyond this. I was raised in strict religion, as I'm sure many all over are. But even though many (like me) have been, it is no longer part of their life, as they have moved from religion (which is a creation of the past human collective during a long period of the human journey) to the spiritual. (The human collective actually used to be less religious and more spiritual earlier in our journey before the physical distortions got worse with time). Their consciousness has evolved, or re-awakened.
We all will re-awaken at some point in our soul's journey (including the whole collective). It may take some a while longer and many lifetimes to go, but it will happen, as it's why we incarnate here. It will eventually happen to the whole collective, no matter where one lives or where one is born. Once your consciousness evolves, it experiences spirit, and the eternal. And it will often go hand in hand. You will have experiences which push your consciousness to evolve. Which is what happened to me. I have directly experienced spirit.
I could write a many volume book on it all at this point. But it is happening to many now, as the process for the collective is accelerating, so many are experiencing this and re-awakening. Once you've experienced it, you simply just know. It has nothing to do with belief. Belief does not really have any lasting value. It is simply a mental projection to try to mentally give some meaning to all of the distortions we experience while we are in the physical. We ultimately can't figure any of this out mentally because our mind is a very small piece of who we are, and is so limited. This is why so many people have trouble feeling it, they are using their mind, not their heart and soul to experience it. Understanding these things comes from the soul's experience. So, if you are disconnected from your soul at some level, it will be hard to experience this.
Also, our soul holds the divine experience and meaning inside ourselves, but it is usually so far hidden, and so far repressed (by many things) that it takes a long time, and a lot of effort (and many lifetimes!) to remember and get it to the surface. We come here not remembering on purpose. It's what happens. We agree to it. It's what makes life so hard, because we don't remember who we are.
And it won't come from someone else telling you this is who you are, you're going to have to go on that long journey yourself (over many lifetimes) like every single individual does.
Enough of the collective doesn't remember who they are, but it is accelerating now and why religion no longer holds place like it used to and why those who have yet to evolve are resisting the change in consciousness so much. It is frightening. There may be a backslide. It doesn't all just happen at once. There's a lot of forward and back, up and down. But one day we all will eventually get there.

T

that_miqo'te

May 27, 2024

I believe there's some sort of afterlife, like something I glimpsed after a failed attempt, I just want to be there in a body that fits me

• Hugs
l1f31spa1n

l1f31spa1n

Jul 18, 2024
Je pense qu'il est juste de dire que beaucoup de gens ici (y compris moi) sont un peu excités par notre propre mort. Je me surprends à me dire : « J'ai hâte d'être mort » plusieurs fois dans la journée.

Mais qu'est-ce qui nous excite exactement ? Je pense que la majorité des gens ici croient peut-être qu'il n'y a rien après la mort. Nous n'avons donc pas vraiment hâte de pouvoir profiter d'un bon repos. Est-ce juste l'absence de vie et plus particulièrement, les aspects les plus merdiques de la vie qui nous enthousiasment ? Je suppose que personnellement, j'en ai juste marre de la routine quotidienne. J'ai hâte de ne plus avoir à essayer. L'ONU
Le moment où je m'endors est le meilleur moment de la journée car je n'ai plus rien à penser ou à faire... C'est un peu la même chose mais de manière éternelle

W

WantThisToEnd

Jul 12, 2024
I'm pretty excited for my death—and a bit scared, of course. But mostly excited.

I've had to get electroconvulsive therapy and before it begins, they sedate me and I drift off to sleep. But I like the drifting off so much. I hate waking up afterwards and realizing I'm still in my shitty life.

I imagine dying will be something like that. Without the waking up after. I wish medically assisted suicide was a thing so they could just inject me with something that would allow me to peacefully drift off forever. Instead I have to wait for like decades and try to have a life (which I don't have) and be like other happier people (who I'm not like).

• Hugs
T

trs

Jun 29, 2024
For me it's freedom from suffering. Autism and ADHD and CPTSD are making my life unliveable. There's no cure for any of those. I am worried about economic insecurity and climate change, but there are ways to work with others on those. Autism in particular doesn't change and it is making my life hell and removing my brain with a bullet would certainly end that pain. You will have regrets but also the hum in my head and the pain of so many hurtful encounters and feeling like an alien trapped on the wrong planet - that feeling ending? It's everything giving me hope.
I know exactly the experience of feeling like an alien trapped on the wrong planet. It is horrible and it makes life very difficult.
Sometimes, there is a lot of truth behind the feeling. It seems we all literally come from different systems and planets before we incarnate, although this is likely from a long time and many lifetimes ago, so we still may have been incarnating on earth for some time. And we all come from "soul" families who we resonate with and are similar to us. So, if and when we are born into a society or family or whatever which is very different to who we are at the soul (or we simply currently live in a place very opposite to who we are; I experience all of the above!), then not only do we feel alien, to some degree we literally are alien to it.
Things I think feel even worse now for those of us who are very connected to our "alien" self because not only are we going through a process where we are re-awakening or connecting to our true self/soul better, we are realizing how many people/much of society still is very cut off from who they are. And with those differences being amplified, it is making it harder, maybe now more than ever to live amongst such disparate people.
But I do see that us very different people came here for a reason. To show these differences as much as possible, so that differences begin to get integrated in our collective more now. We are the brave ones, I have to say. We are the strongest, even though we are portrayed as the weakest.
We choose before we incarnated to carry this task, and this duty, maybe not knowing how hard it would be. Probably not really knowing how hard.
When we are in spirit, because of how different experience is from the physical, I think it is very hard to know how difficult these experiences will be.
This is exactly what I am going thru myself. I've done my best with my task while I've been here for as long as I could, but physically now I am progressively weakening very fast and am more frail each day (and yes adding on the traumas and stresses that one goes thru feeling "alien") that physically my body is shutting down. Unlike our soul, unfortunately, physically our body only lasts so long. So for me now, it's about no longer being able to physically continue on. If I had the physical ability, I would, as I know I'm here for a reason.
But if you've still got health, keep trying to do your part as best you can by just being you, you don't need to do anything else or prove anything to anyone. You are making a difference by just being here. You are here for that reason I said before, you have immense value, spirit knows your value.

• Love
Reactions: Lookingtoflyfree and Forever Sleep
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I'm pretty excited for my death—and a bit scared, of course. But mostly excited.

I've had to get electroconvulsive therapy and before it begins, they sedate me and I drift off to sleep. But I like the drifting off so much. I hate waking up afterwards and realizing I'm still in my shitty life.

I imagine dying will be something like that. Without the waking up after. I wish medically assisted suicide was a thing so they could just inject me with something that would allow me to peacefully drift off forever. Instead I have to wait for like decades and try to have a life (which I don't have) and be like other happier people (who I'm not like).
Did you get permanent memory loss from ECT?

• Hugs