F

freedommatrix

Dec 19, 2019
It's sound like a stupid and offensive question but even today in our gender liberal world, people still have different standards for men/women when it comes to their sexual desires.

If you look at YouTube videos or even talk with the average person in life about female teachers and male student sex vs male teachers and female students, 90% of the time, people laugh at the former. You see comments saying "Damn where were these female teachers when I was a kid" and "The only trauma this kid received is from the high fives he got".

That tone is very different when it comes to male teachers. In fact, I don't here too many of those because they rarely get media attention. The guy is thrown in jail and they throw away the key.

Underpinning these sexist ideas is the belief that men can't really get raped and/or must always want sex. Do you agree? Don't women want sex as much as men?

• Hugs
Reactions: GreyMagic, MiserableBastard1995, Fragile and 3 others
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
You shouldn't have raped your students. Or, what is it that you really want to ask? Or, who do you want to troll?

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yes, but especially young male children. It's probably a little harder to rape a full grown man although I do feel a man can be pressured or coerced into sex like a woman can when they really don't want to. Especially if the man is under the influence of substances. In prison is the place where the most men get raped and it's more likely they could be sexually abused in childhood if they are raised by a single mother. Not all single mothers are negligent but it is more common in single mother homes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fragile and LonelyHopelessDude
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I know multiple men who have been raped. It is more common than one thinks. It just isn't reported as much because of the stigma.

Reactions: Kira, Ame, lofistos345 and 8 others
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I think it's completely absurd to say that men or boys can't get raped! Google the name Debra LaFave. She was a teacher in Florida who got sentenced to house arrest and probation for sexually molesting a male student. She violated her probation and her lawyer argued that because she was a young blonde woman she was "too pretty for prison". And, once again, she got off with no prison time. I lived in the Tampa Bay area at the time and I remember being outraged that this pretty blonde woman got off with house arrest and probation, but male teachers were all getting sentenced to long terms of prison for doing the exact same thing that she did. In fact, there were even one or two cases of females, who weren't as attractive as her, who got prison time or harsher sentences as well, though still not as much as the males did.
I don't call myself a feminist anymore because I think these days to be a feminist basically means that you hate all men and blame them for all the world's problems, which I also think is completely ridiculous. Blaming everything on one sex or one race is sexist and racist and I don't care what race or sex it is that you're blaming it on. Blaming everything on women is sexist, but blaming everything on men is just as sexist. Blaming everything on dark skinned people is racist, but blaming everything on white people is just as racist. And I hate it when people say that if women ruled the world there would be no war because that's complete BS! Things are never that simple or straightforward.

• Love
Reactions: Nova, mattwitt, Kira and 7 others
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Oh yeah, men can be raped. Now if they report it....

While a totally extreme case, town I came from a guy was raped by 2 women, they held him hostage... did things to him with... well they torture-raped him. He went to the police. People, even after damage to his insides, still blamed him saying he must've raped them and not the other way around.

People actually thought he deserved it because he wasn't a "real man" to have reported it!

• Aww..
  • Wow
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Kira, WinterIsComing, Fragile and 4 others
OvertheRainbeaux

OvertheRainbeaux

stuck down a rabbit hole of misery
Jan 1, 2020
It makes me sad when I see those comments when a male is raped. Even when it's by another man people still tend to find it funny.
Men have it pretty hard too.

• Love
Reactions: Kira, Alec, LonelyHopelessDude and 4 others
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
Yes, regardless of gender rape is rape. End of discussion.

• Love
Reactions: Kira, Null84, GreyMagic and 5 others
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
Of course men can be raped. If a man rapes another man that's definitely rape no one is going to say it's not. If a woman rapes a man and the man absolutely did not agree or want to have sex with her then that's rape too. It would be a lot less up in the air for idiots to say otherwise if a woman raped a small child and also tortured him in the process. Cutting up his arms and legs and breaking one of his fingers because she was messed up and wanted to do more than just take the kid's virginity and people wouldn't be able to just laugh it off then.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It makes me sad when I see those comments when a male is raped. Even when it's by another man people still tend to find it funny.
Rape is never funny no matter if its a man, woman, or child.

Reactions: OvertheRainbeaux
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I'm not sure about men. Probably some kind of way. But I was raped by a babysitter who was my oldest sister's best friend when I was 7 or 8. I never told anybody because to be honest it embarrassed me. Don't ask why, it just did.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I was sexually abused by a man as a young girl, but I wasn't believed by my mother as the man had only been convicted for rape of boys in the past! So yes rape is rape regardless of gender if the sexual act is non consensual

B

burnedCookie

Student
Aug 8, 2019
Yes. I was sexually abused from 14 to 17 by my mother's sister. She was younger than my mother, very beautiful and cool. At first I liked it tbh, she was kind and there was no penetration.Then things changed and it wasn't "kind" anymore, I had to do things that I didn't really liked. I think she saw that things started to get dangerous so she left, she just disappeared. I never said anything about it and I never saw her again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kikoo Loool
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
yes, and i'm very glad that people here agree on this, as a victim i would've liked to have this level of empathy when i was a child. rape is rape and it is specially wrong wen done to children.

i hope that the stigma dies one day, the only option most of us have right now is to shut up and cry alone about it. the other option is to get laughed at or dismissed as soon as you say anything about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Morphinekiss
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Yes it can happen to anyone regardless of gender. I definitely think in society acts like it can't happen to men and tends to sweep it under the rug when someone does share their story. As a victim myself my personal experience is that people I have interacted with in life have this mentality of blaming the victim and acting like they still could have controlled the situation and outcome...and that is not ok!!! I have stood up in the past and confronted co workers over this issue because due to my personal experiences it's not something I take lightly.

Reactions: Alec
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Yes it happened to me a few nights ago. It's all about predators preying on people in vulnerable or desperate situations. The whole thing is really just rotten and evil.

• Love
Reactions: Thereisnothing and Alec
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
First, yes I think women want and love sex as much as men do, it's just that they been taught since forever that it's wrong for them to express that they are horny or feel sexual attraction. Men and women all feel horny, unless they are asexual or something else that means they don't like sex.
Second, yes I agree, when a boy has sex with his female teacher people see it very different as to when a girl has sex with her male teacher. And YES, it is a problem based on deeply rooted sexism, and all of it should be viewed in the same way DOESNT matter if it was a boy or a girl.
Third, yes - men can get raped, obviously and OF COURSE they can be raped. This whole myth that men can't be raped is coming from again - sexism, and also toxic masculinity ideals. Which has also became one of the biggest reasons why men don't report rape.
coincidentally just today I read an article with 4 short interviews from 4 men that were raped in the military, the mental health problem it has created for them is truly horrible. And their stories of how those that tried to report it were ignored is horrific. One was gang raped and reported it right away to his commanding office and officer just asked him if he was drinking and then reminded him that he can get into trouble for underage drinking(the soldier was 17, maybe 18 and in USA where you can drink only after 21). He was forced to sleep in the same room with his rapists for years after and was raped all throughout those years repeatedly, he tried reporting it and was even showing up in his officers room with broken lip and black eyes but the officer just ignored him and tried to tell him it was all his fault.
A few years ago I watched a YouTube video of a guy who told his story of how he was drugged and raped by a girl, he made this video years later telling how hard it was to tell his story and how hard for him it is to deal with what happened to him. He said he told one of his friends after it happened and the friend just gave him a pat on a shoulder smiled and said "just be grateful you got laid". And that was one of the reasons why he didn't feel comfortable reporting it and talking about it because a lot of other guys just think either that you should feel lucky or if the girl was "ugly" or if a man is raped by another man than most guys start to think that you aren't a real man because you got raped and you should've just fought even though sometimes fighting is impossible but they don't care about that, they just start to see rape victims as something less than a man. This is absolutely disgusting!
Thank you for saying this, a lot of people don't realize that sexism and these stupid gender stereotypes affect men in a bad and toxic way too.
Yes it happened to me a few nights ago. It's all about predators preying on people in vulnerable or desperate situations. The whole thing is really just rotten and evil.
I'm so SORRY!!!! Always remember, you are NOT alone!!! And you are strong enough to fight and you are worthy of surviving this!!!❤️❤️❤️ You are worthy of love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Csmith8827
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
During my whole childhood, I was abused routinely and sexually by women teachers. There are also some other separate incidents like women from family and others.

EmptyArms

EmptyArms

Student
Dec 1, 2019
How horrifying. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope you are getting some support.

Reactions: Thereisnothing