wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Mage
Oct 14, 2023
I've been thinking about Plato's theory of opposites

I am wondering if I exist to make others feel good.

If my being ugly makes others feel more attractive.

If my suffering makes some people feel better about their lives. (I once even heard someone say it felt good when they were warm to know others were cold as it made them appreciate it more)

I feel resentful because that's not fair.

But if everyone in the world was equal in every possible way - would anyone be happy? Or do people need to feel "superior" to others in order to be happy? Would everyone just feel extremely unimportant and bored?

In which case, maybe I should just accept being collateral, or maybe it would just be better if no one existed at all

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and iloveloving
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
In my case, I would feel so much better if the world was fair but in a way where I'm allowed to be lazy and don't have to do any responsibilities. It'd be so much better if everything was automated to make it fair for everybody so that none of us have to wage slave or be in extreme stress from responsibilities and so on. I don't feel happy over other people suffering and I never will. A fair world wouldn't be boring for me if it was fair in a way that mitigates suffering

• Hugs
Reactions: wildflowers1996
intellectdisabledus

intellectdisabledus

Oct 10, 2024
dont adopt that inferior place and just "embrace it for whatever it is."

animals want nothing but superiority whether that be the best reproduction, or assumed social standing, the losers have to find coping mechanisms until they die. the better one always has a better experience, is valued better, feels more pleasure= a better life
platos ideas arent meant for humans, he had a twisted understand of what would TRULY fulfill us. were animals, nothing more

• Aww..
Reactions: wildflowers1996 and NeuroDamaged3
wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Mage
Oct 14, 2023
In my case, I would feel so much better if the world was fair but in a way where I'm allowed to be lazy and don't have to do any responsibilities. It'd be so much better if everything was automated to make it fair for everybody so that none of us have to wage slave or be in extreme stress from responsibilities and so on. I don't feel happy over other people suffering and I never will. A fair world wouldn't be boring for me if it was fair in a way that mitigates suffering
what if there were sadists, who suffered because the only way they can feel pleasure is to see others suffer? I think it would just be best if they died

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
what if there were sadists, who suffered because the only way they can feel pleasure is to see others suffer? I think it would just be best if they died
I also think that it'd be best if those people died too as the world wouldn't be fair with people like them around

• Love
Reactions: wildflowers1996
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If we were born into that world and knew no diffrent, I'm not sure we'd either appreciate it or find it boring. It would just be the norm. It's hard to imagine though- everyone staying in their lane and not trying to 'one up' one another.

It's interesting though. Can there even be really good things without the bad to contrast it with? Take beauty for example. Everyone would have to either be beautiful and mutually attracted to one another- a nightmare I imagine when everyone wants to shag everyone else! Or, everyone is ugly. Or, we simply lose the ability to judge whether people are beautiful or not. That could be nice I guess. People focusing more on who someone is. Still, no more having a crush on your favourite film star. No more butterflies in the tummy when they appear. It would wipe out some enjoyable stuff too.

If everything was fair- everyone would have to be born on a level playing field. All the same abilities. Otherwise, some will get that unfair advantage to be able to run faster, understand long division etc. So- who gets what job? Everyone is able to do every job- because it's fair now. Everyone gets paid the same amount- because it's fair. So- do you want to clean out septic tanks or become a rock star? Everyone can do either. Sadly, I don't think an absolutely fair world would work. I just wish it was at least fairer than it is.

• Love
Reactions: wildflowers1996 and AvaCutey