N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I sometimes think about the reasons why people may remain lurkers instead of creating an account. And being a celeb is very good potential reason. This forum has like 6 million views in the US per month if my memory is correct. How many people in powerful positions (who are suicidal) might be lurking. Also powerful, famous and rich people are not protected of misery. However the impact if it became public that they are member would be so much worse. If this became public this might could end a career. There were people here who are way more tech savvy than me that highly warned people who are even a very unimportant internet persons that this can get pretty dangerous to become exposed. I assume the writing style and other idiosyncracies can expose you.

I suspected in the past that Kanye West might kill himself and considered him a potential lurker. Many people who know him way more than me responded he is way too religious for that. And that might be true.

Maybe some celebrities used method information of this forum. I mean in the relation suicide we are all in a similar spot. We face existential pain that torments us and might drive us over the edge. There are some old principled people in Germany who sue the state for not being able to important N. And the judges usually deny that right and say the politicians have to propose laws. Well I certainly don't have the resouces for going this way. I prefer posting in a suicide forum. The infuence to change the laws might be similar i.e. next to nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE, sserafim and 1 other person
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
I don't mean for this to come off as mean or harsh, however I don't think it matters. I understand just the general curiosity of just wondering. Besides a famous person to you, may just be a regular person to somebody else. However I must admit, if a "famous person" did get recognized on this site, I think it would be really bad for the forum and possilbly their image. Which is sad honesty, to think somebody may be unable to join this community for reasons outside of their control. Let me rephrase my first statement, in terms of celebrity worship culture, I could not care less what famous person chooses to use this site or not. However I do think everybody should be free to explore their mental health in constructive ways including viewing and partaking in this forum.

Reactions: sserafim, Celerity, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd imagine it would be a relief for them if they could interact with the community annonymously- rather than just lurk. I imagine it would be exhausting having to keep up a facade all the time in life. It must be a very strange way to live. But yeah- maybe the risk of exposure would put them off.

Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yes, they are just humans like us, and fame and money doesn't necessarily bring happiness and the pressures of fame can make people mentally ill. I guess that's why a lot of them turn to drink and drugs.

Reactions: sserafim, Celerity and Praestat_Mori
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
We seem to put a sort of halo effect around famous people. They are usually outstanding in one or two areas of their life and we think they have the answer to everything. Or that they don't suffer, or aren't lonely.

I haven't known many famous people at all and that doesn't bother me but I did get to chat to a famous musician who kept his identity secret on a sports forum, a fair few years ago. He was a really good guy and appreciated being treated like a human being, and honesty (as very often famous people surround themselves with people who aren't). I rumbled who he was and didn't make a big deal of it - I actually made fun of the music, which he somewhat agreed with! At the time he was stressed about a fair few things that I will never comment on and it gives me great pleasure to know he's out in the world now, doing his own thing and being 'free' compared to when he was more famous and 'a slave'. But he'd be the first to tell you he had to be obsessed and lucky, very lucky. Oh, and he'd also tell you to be careful what you wish for!

Nothing wrong with using famous people as inspiration, though.

Reactions: sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
I think those 6 million people are mostly people who are hurting just like us. They don't join because they are wary of joining a site like this.

Reactions: sserafim and WAITING TO DIE