FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That's certainly the way that I feel, it's really true that the only relief from suffering could ever lie in leaving this world as I simply believe that we just cease existing after this with everything finally forgotten about as death erases everything for us. I see so much beauty in the thought of being unaware of everything for all eternity and being completely unable to suffer as in existence there's unlimited potential for harm while in comparison non-existence is the absence of all harm, in death there are no problems, worries and concerns as one is finally free from the burden that is existence, death is the end to this nightmare.

To me existing is so replusive, dreadful and unnecessary, there's too much suffering in existing and potential for that suffering to get worse. We are all just waiting to die anyway, enduring a futile process of slowly dying over decades where we are destined for nothing but to decay. Existing is so incredibly pointless to me and I dread to think of what lies ahead, there's nothing that could ever make suffering worth it and I know that existence is just a mistake, a cruel, horrific mistake which has just caused so much senseless cruelty, there could never be any peace in this world as I believe that true peace could only ever exist in the absence of everything.

To feel trapped here certainly is such a terrible thing as even know death is the only relief it's certainly so unnecessarily difficult to get there which is always the fault of humans not allowing us to die peacefully and cruelly wanting to make existence into a prison. Existing here certainly feels like an hopeless punishment so of course the only relief lies in death, one cannot escape from suffering as long as they exist in this harmful world and I've only ever wished to escape and return to the ideal nothingness.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21, telro, SirCalvinXIV and 15 others
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
I feel you, and am also extremely angry at this conservative world for not treating mental disorders as an equal to physical and for taking away my right to decide what to do with my body. I can only do what feels best for me but this country wont let me. Aaaaa

• Hugs
Reactions: SirCalvinXIV, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Sweet Tart and 8 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
when we eventually die in all honesty i hope your right that we are just gone forever , i would never sign up to anything as shit as this universe, the extremely slow speed of everything the speed of light is extremely slow, i just wish i never existed in the first place but hey we are here now which is very unfortunate the only relief from this hellish world and life is death, this isn't the place to be trying to make a home and a family since nothing here last for very long and it's too much of a chore being alive here, i never understood humans bring children alive here they claim to love them but there just being bought alive to be killed off if you love someone you don;t bring them alive facing certain death thats the action of someone whos opposite of loving someone

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: SirCalvinXIV, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Dead Meat and 6 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Yes death is the one and only relief from all sufferings a human has to endure during a life time. My experience today and how everything works against me made this clear to me again. The only relief is death. Unfortunately it's so incredibly difficult to just leave this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: telro, Per Ardua Ad Astra, SirCalvinXIV and 5 others
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
In my case, yes--the only relief on Earth

• Hugs
Reactions: SirCalvinXIV, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Dead Meat and 6 others
stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
It seems like it's the only way, especially after trying recovery for so many years and being so tired and disappointed. But that's for me. I guess it's different for everyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: SirCalvinXIV, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Sweet Tart and 7 others
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I don't know. Death may be like waking up from a dream. There is no way of telling if it has been a good dream or bad dream until one wakes up. Maybe one will want to have stayed longer in this dream. But most dreams are not lucid anyway. Choice, decision are only illusions.

• Hugs
Reactions: SirCalvinXIV, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Dead Meat and 4 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hmmm, if I'm utterly honest- no. A shit load of money would take enough pressure off of me to keep going for longer. Not too sure how long but yeah- pressure to obtain money via a shit job is a massive reason I want to CTB. I don't want to be a part of this capitalist rat race.

Death would ABSOLUTELY be the only release if I became chronically ill though- even regularly ill. Nothing would make that bearable.

• Hugs
Reactions: SirCalvinXIV, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Sweet Tart and 6 others
R

Readytogo246

Student
Jun 4, 2023
I see death as the ultimate release from pain, fear and depression. I'm looking into ways to do it and think it may be sooner than I thought. The empty void sounds appealing.

• Hugs
Reactions: SirCalvinXIV, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
The interesting thing about your post is that this is precisely the Buddhist understanding of life. Life is suffering. I agree with that part but not with the Buddha's religious beliefs such as reincarnation or transmigration and nirvana.

• Love
Reactions: SirCalvinXIV, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
clicmsf

clicmsf

Not belonging to this universe
Oct 8, 2022
Life is definitely suffering for almost everyone, but there are happy people that would love to live. My previous best friend had everything in life, good looks, good mental health, healthy parents and family, and was (still is) rich. I'd say the world of suffering is seen from our eyes and we aren't capable of imagining a life without suffering. I wish I could be happy just like my previous best friend. I really do wish

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, SirCalvinXIV, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
I think so, I don't have any drive to make something of myself nor the complacency to stay alive against my own will.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, SirCalvinXIV, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
Yes, in death all problems and obligations are removed, all ties are cut from the world and one is finally free.

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, telro, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 5 others
Homulily

Homulily

Witch of the Mortal World
Jun 1, 2023
Yeah.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, SirCalvinXIV, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

With death, so much of the burden of life's inevitable problems are just removed from the equation entirely because you won't be alive to experience them. People often say don't end your life over temporary issues, I say forget it because it'll eliminate the possibility of suffering even more in the future than right now. It is the one freedom we try to hold off for as long as possible and for what?

To experience a few decades of experiences that were supposed to look back on fondly as our bodies decay from physical and mental wear and tear along with the depressing state of society with people never willing to change

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hugs
Reactions: telro, Per Ardua Ad Astra, SirCalvinXIV and 2 others
Dead Meat

Dead Meat

DOOMED
Oct 10, 2018
It's the only way out when you're chronically ill and no hope to get better :'(

• Hugs
Reactions: SirCalvinXIV, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Sweet Tart and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
From a logical and philosophical perspective, especially taking the stance of life (sentience) being a harm in and of itself, then yes, death would be the "ultimate" relief to perpetual suffering and uncertainty of the future for potential suffering. As for me personally, yes, given my ongoing problems with life, how I experience life and what there is to come, death would be the ultimate solution for my continuous, never-ending problems and I certainly do not wish to allow natural causes or other horrific events that lead to death, but rather have death on my own terms.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, SirCalvinXIV and Praestat_Mori
EndJstifiesTheMeans

EndJstifiesTheMeans

Bad english, didn't go to school sorry
May 14, 2023
yes

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, SirCalvinXIV and Praestat_Mori
SirCalvinXIV

SirCalvinXIV

May 20, 2023
The only permanent relief? Yes. Most people just distract themselves with shit and temporary pleasures until they die.

gardenofaphrodite

gardenofaphrodite

Can’t catch a break no matter what I do.
Apr 12, 2023
Generally, yes, I think death is the only true relief one can get. A guaranteed end (at least to me). Though I think if I had financial stability - to be able to get proper therapy & be able to take my meds again, I might have some temporary relief, which would be nice.

• Hugs
Reactions: telro
ayaneechan

ayaneechan

Angelic Demon
May 7, 2023
Yes, i totally can't handle emotions, not even if i just should feel good

brood

brood

It's how I live, not how long I live.
Sep 4, 2019
Definitely the ultimate end to all my pains and struggles.