• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Admittedly I find it hilarious. It is pretty political incorrect and some jokes are quite controversial. However I absolutely don't think the producers were racists. Rather the opposite they play with stereotypes their exaggeration and hyperboles. I only know the animation series but I think in the US the cartoon was often in newspapers. There seem to be some differences between the TV series and newspaper stripe.

Though the 4 season was kind of offensive and in many instances not funny anymore, The last epsiode is complete garbage. It is obivous that Aaron McGruder's missing resulted in worse quality.

I find it interesting many companies seemingly don't want to distribute the series anymore. I don't know the details but I could imagine the cartoon is too controversial. I find this kind of sad. Their usage of irony and stereotypes had the effect to expose cliches and not to reinforce them. But I can also understand when people say the series is too offensive. I don't know whether it makes me a bad person to like the series. I showed some episodes to my lefty friends. First they were very hesitant because the n-word gets dropped quite often. Though at the end they came to the conclusion this series is not racist at all.

Maybe you know it and can tell your opinion?

Last edited:
Reactions: leeloosnow, heavyeyes and Alayna
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I haven't seen it but it sounds like it should be pretty popular!

Alayna

Alayna

Close
Oct 11, 2022
I remember feeling pretty refreshed by its racial commentary at the time and finding it generally hilarious (tho yes there was defs a quality drop). I mean just look at its literal first like 30 seconds ?

If anything what was most uncomfortable was its outlook on gender, not race.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I remember feeling pretty refreshed by its racial commentary at the time and finding it generally hilarious (tho yes there was defs a quality drop). I mean just look at its literal first 30 seconds ?

If anything what was most uncomfortable was its outlook on gender, not race.

You mean on women when you mention gender?
What do you mean exactly?

Alayna

Alayna

Close
Oct 11, 2022
You mean on women when you mention gender?
What do you mean exactly?
[citation needed]

It was more than a decade ago, I remember screwall details. Just childish impressions. Gonna need to rewatch before commenting further.

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Ive always loved uncle ruckus

• Yay!
Reactions: DysphoriaKilledMe, Un- and lofticries
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021

My two fav characters.

Luna was bad too.

Shame she ctb at the end.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I still have to chuckle about a certain The Boondocks episode. It was based on a real story. There is a youtube video of this incident.

I ask myself whether I am a bad person for finding this video hllarious. As people who know The Boondocks the content is politically incorrect and can offfend people. I will put this behind a spoiler warning. It might trigger people because it contains strong language. It is about the n-word which is often the topic in The Boondocks. But the video is so fucking absurd and surreal.

I think to find this video funny is not racist per se. But other people might disagree with that. For me the teacher is the butt of the joke. And not the student. The episode of The Boondocks on this episode is brilliant. They play with stereotypes, hypocrisy and exaggeration. Racist far-right commentators get exposed. But at the same time it does not fully victimize the victims. Which is janus-faced sometimes. Though it shows that the world is not always black and white. And that there are more nuances. There are people who really care about social grievances. And other people who want to profit of them and just pretend to care about them.

Concerning this teacher. The guy is so fucking stupid. I find the comments on youtube hilarious. Many said as a black person they were not offended by that video. They rather had to laugh themselves. I hope it did not offend you. It is hard to believe that this guy is no actor. The whole setting could also be a satire. But it is real and not fake. How could the producers of this news show not see that this whole video is absolutely absurd? I am interested what you think about it. And I hope it did not offend you in a serious way.

Last edited:
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
boondocks is amazing
stinkmeaner the rat was my tribute.
Stinky

eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
One of the best animated shows ever, its rare to get black centred stories that aren't bullshit stereotypes and actually expose interesting stories. It helped me find out so much about racism in America, i think its brilliant but I'm not sure how white audiences would interpret it

Reactions: noname223