• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It has been claimed many times on the forum over the past two or three months that vomiting is a main cause for SN failure.

I always refute this claim and ask for evidence, and so far no one has ever been able to respond with member names, links, or descriptions of what they remember so it could be followed up on.

I went through all of the threads of SN failures and did an analysis, recently posted in this thread, and of 23 reported failed attempts that had enough information for analysis, only one could have potentially been caused by vomiting. In fact, 70% of failures, 16 out of 23, were caused by medical intervention, either due to interruption or aborting the attempt and seeking help. No other causes were repeated so that there was any kind of additional discernible trend.

I do not participate in chat, but I am aware that some members have attempted with SN while in chat, or have talked about SN attempt failures there. So that I don't fall victim to confirmation bias, I am seeking information from chat accounts to add to the analysis. Then we can more definitively determine whether vomiting is a cause for failure or if it's just a rumor.

If there have been any failed attempts reported in chat with vomiting as the cause, please explain in comments and include the member name, chat date, and exact quotes with screenshots of what they said in chat.

If the above is not completely possible, please explain why, then please give enough information so we can try to figure it out, such as the member's name, or specific details that you recall which may jog someone else's memory.

Reactions: a.h, Wisdom3_1-9, puppy9 and 3 others
AwokenToReality

AwokenToReality

Just wanna close my eyes, and feel alright
May 27, 2020
The only one I've publicly seen in chat was @Anxietykillsme. During their thread, they were active in the chatroom (not sure how you go searching in chat but would have been around 16th/17th August) and spoke during their attempt and vomiting in real-time. You commented on their thread and I assume counted that in your analysis, so more than likely aware of them. They were the one who in their account took SN, vomited (failed to take a second dose), passed out, and then woke up a couple hours later in the thread and phoned for emergency services for help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stick
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
The only one I've publicly seen in chat was @Anxietykillsme. During their thread, they were active in the chatroom (not sure how you go searching in chat but would have been around 16th/17th August) and spoke during their attempt and vomiting in real-time. You commented on their thread and I assume counted that in your analysis, so more than likely aware of them. They were the one who in their account took SN, vomited (failed to take a second dose), passed out, and then woke up a couple hours later in the thread and phoned for emergency services for help.

I really appreciate your comment!

This attempt was not included in the list of failures gathered on the SN successes and failures thread, which is where I gathered the accounts from for analysis. His attempt was right after @Living sucks stopped keeping up with that thread, and no one added the attempt to it. I didn't think to at the time or I would have.

I will add this to the analysis. Even without the chat, the member gave a lot of information in the thread about the attempt, including vomiting being the cause. Therefore, there is now officially one failure out of 24 due to vomiting.

Reactions: AwokenToReality
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Nausea and vomiting would be so great to be considered almost a universal side effect to occur with most drugs, even at normal therapeutic index.

I know SN is not a medicine per say, but...

30 grams. 25 grams is good for making sure a good amount of the SN gets properly absorbed, even if a person end up vomiting?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
25 grams is good for making sure a good amount of the SN gets properly absorbed, even if a person end up vomiting?

Yes. Please see the SN successes and failures thread, as well as the thread I linked in the OP analyzing accounts of failures.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Yes. Please see the SN successes and failures thread, as well as the thread I linked in the OP analyzing accounts of failures.

I will let you know some of my thoughts on it when I learn more about it.

The lethal dose is a lot lower than 20 grams for SN.

The same thing goes for with propranolol. A single gram of it is a lethal amount, but 3.5+ grams is better.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I will let you know some of my thoughts on it when I learn more about it.

The lethal dose is a lot lower than 20 grams for SN.

The same thing goes for with propranolol. A single gram of it is a lethal amount, but 3.5+ grams is better.

I suggest starting a new thread so as not to derail this one. I could respond to a lot of what you said here, but I want to keep the focus in this thread on the title and OP. Thanks!

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I suggest starting a new thread so as not to derail this one. I could respond to a lot of what you said here, but I want to keep the focus in this thread on the title and OP. Thanks!

Thank you for the suggestion. Dialogue ended.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Reactions: Final Escape
It'sNotLookingGood

It'sNotLookingGood

You know I couldn't last
Mar 1, 2020
It has been claimed many times on the forum over the past two or three months that vomiting is a main cause for SN failure.

I always refute this claim and ask for evidence, and so far no one has ever been able to respond with member names, links, or descriptions of what they remember so it could be followed up on.

I went through all of the threads of SN failures and did an analysis, recently posted in this thread, and of 23 reported failed attempts that had enough information for analysis, only one could have potentially been caused by vomiting. In fact, 70% of failures, 16 out of 23, were caused by medical intervention, either due to interruption or aborting the attempt and seeking help. No other causes were repeated so that there was any kind of additional discernible trend.

I do not participate in chat, but I am aware that some members have attempted with SN while in chat, or have talked about SN attempt failures there. So that I don't fall victim to confirmation bias, I am seeking information from chat accounts to add to the analysis. Then we can more definitively determine whether vomiting is a cause for failure or if it's just a rumor.

If there have been any failed attempts reported in chat with vomiting as the cause, please explain in comments and include the member name, chat date, and exact quotes with screenshots of what they said in chat.

If the above is not completely possible, please explain why, then please give enough information so we can try to figure it out, such as the member's name, or specific details that you recall which may jog someone else's memory.
There's a lot of knowledge of anti-emetics here, and I would imagine a high usage rate of them when choosing SN. Could this be a reason for fewer of those failures being due to vomiting?

Regardless of whether it is the biggest cause of failure or not, it's certainly my biggest worry! I don't want to maybe fail, leaving me in agony + possibly doing lasting damage to myself. I don't wanna be really anxious not knowing how much SN I have in me + I don't wanna have to drink more. Also it does just seeeem like the most likely cause - you are ingesting a large dose of poison so ofc the body is gonna want to get rid of that asap.

Also, I don't really count people abandoning the attempt/seeking help/medical intervention as a real reason for failure tbh. That's failure of the person in catching the bus, not failure of the method, so I discard it as a worry. In contrast, a failure by vomiting would be an unavoidable one.

Just my thoughts:)

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
There's a lot of knowledge of anti-emetics here, and I would imagine a high usage rate of them when choosing SN. Could this be a reason for fewer of those failures being due to vomiting?

Regardless of whether it is the biggest cause of failure or not, it's certainly my biggest worry! I don't want to maybe fail, leaving me in agony + possibly doing lasting damage to myself. I don't wanna be really anxious not knowing how much SN I have in me + I don't wanna have to drink more. Also it does just seeeem like the most likely cause - you are ingesting a large dose of poison so ofc the body is gonna want to get rid of that asap.

Also, I don't really count people abandoning the attempt/seeking help/medical intervention as a real reason for failure tbh. That's failure of the person in catching the bus, not failure of the method, so I discard it as a worry. In contrast, a failure by vomiting would be an unavoidable one.

So, what are you going to do? I have the same concerns as you do but not much of a choice. I will make myself re-dose if I vomit.

Reactions: checkouttime
It'sNotLookingGood

It'sNotLookingGood

You know I couldn't last
Mar 1, 2020
So, what are you going to do? I have the same concerns as you do but not much of a choice. I will make myself re-dose if I vomit.
I'm gonna use the metoclopramide I have, because that seems to be the best anti-emetic out there for the SN method.

If I vomit instantly, I think I will likely abandon the attempt and try to force the rest of the SN up. Depending on how well I feel I did in getting the SN out of my system, I may or may not ring for an ambulance (realistically I feel there's a high chance I would, due to my anxiety). I don't imagine I will vomit immediately, although I am admittedly somewhat of a nauseous person, e.g. with cars and alike.

If I ingest the SN, but vomit, say, 8/9/10 minutes into the process of waiting to lose consciousness/die, I will re-dose. I will prepare three separate SN drinks in case I throw up the second drink too, which seems very possible if I did the first.

Reactions: RowdyH999
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

You have common concerns, and I'm trying to combat them with a couple of other threads I have going. This thread is actually about one of them, where I was going through all of the failures reported on the forum.

What I've come to understand from researching is that antiemetics do not necessarily prohibit vomiting, it seems about half of folks who take them vomit anyway. Antiemetics actually help the method by moving stomach contents more quickly into the intenstines where they are absorbed, they are not absorbed in the stomach. This is why fasting is so important, so the SN can move quickly without being blocked by other contents.

Vomiting is *not* a main reason for method failure, the main reason is getting medical treatment after having been interrupted or calling for help. If you don't count that as a reason for failure, then out of seven other failures, one was due to vomiting, and one potentially due to vomiting. The thread is linked in the OP.

I always recommend doing one's own research and not relying solely on the opinions of others, not even my opinions. Suicide is a big deal, and I empathize with your fears and concerns.

Reactions: muffin222
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
A little humor...

4b47ng

• Hugs
Reactions: ninaevol, reggiesaurus, Deleted member 18655 and 2 others
D

depression999

Aug 18, 2020

If I remember correctly you called anxietykillsme a liar and wanted him/her to post confidential documents on a public forum.

• Wow
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
If I remember correctly you called anxietykillsme a liar and wanted him/her to post confidential documents on a public forum.

You remember incorrectly. I never doubted this member's account.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I get your point, but I do think you can count it as a "failed attempt." We may not know the reason the person abandoned the attempt. It could have been regret, or it could have been from pain/discomfort experienced during the process. I think the latter could be considered a failure of the method, in that the regimen is designed to limit pain/discomfort.

Reactions: color_me_gone
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I get your point, but I do think you can count it as a "failed attempt." We may not know the reason the person abandoned the attempt. It could have been regret, or it could have been from pain/discomfort experienced during the process. I think the latter could be considered a failure of the method, in that the regimen is designed to limit pain/discomfort.

Haha, and I would not consider discomfort to be a failure of the method! However, it would be interesting to look at the reasons for aborting. Easy enough to do if you want to, on the thread I linked in the OP.