O

OutOfThisBody

Aug 5, 2024
Sorry if this is stupid but I'm new and people here use alot of acronyms instead of the words they actually mean. For example: ctb, sn, pph, etc. If I use the real word and not the acronym will I get banned? Or is it just frowned upon? Thanks.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: birthdayboy, StaticCryBabye, LifeQuitter and 3 others
DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
I think in most cases it's just easier to use an acronym. Except if you're talking about sources of SN. Don't directly name sources. That's at least what I've noticed here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: iloveloving, OutOfThisBody, abchia and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's not frowned upon or bad to communicate however you want to. I suspect these acronyms are in part a hangover from the origins of Sasu where they would use other acronyms like CTB rather than the actual word so that the forum wouldn't get as much attention from people who are anti choice and probably actively searching those words.

I suppose it's a more gentle way of saying it too. Plus, there's probably a degree of lazyness and maybe just trying to fit in with the vernacular. But, I don't think most people mind that much. I don't think it's something you would be banned for- certainly. Except- like Deathsleep just mentioned, people tend to be careful not to openly disclose sources.

Reactions: OutOfThisBody, SVEN and rozeske
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Plus it tends to be online/text speak anyway, IYSWIM?

There are several guides dedicated to demystifying some of the anachronisms and language. This is one of them:

HTH šŸ˜‰

• Love
Reactions: OutOfThisBody, rozeske and null_blank
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Moderation I've seen on this group is both non intrusive and helpful. I'd guess that any genuine mistakes would be more likely to get you an informative message from Admin or a mod.
That said, I've no cause to believe that posting the full descriptor rather than the letters bothers anyone.

Reactions: OutOfThisBody
L

LibbyR

May 17, 2019
I was wondering the same. Thanks for clearing that up, having worked in the medical field all my life a lot of the acronyms mean something completely different to me, for example pph is a post partum haemorrhage and I won't be able to read it as anything else.

• Yay!
Reactions: SVEN, AmIForReal, OutOfThisBody and 1 other person