Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Today i had lunch with some cousins who i barely knew, at one point they started talking about all the things they do, careers, travels and I thought "ok, i get up, shower, make something to eat and that's been my day to day life for years" I felt so empty thinking about how struggling my life is and it wont change, plus i was comparing myself to how they look and they look healthy and fine and i look haggard from years of stress, anxiety and unhappiness.

Partly I feel like a ghost that has been sucked into a black hole and i feel lost.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: chyme, Wisdom3_1-9, Élégie and 14 others
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
There is the feeling of having missed out, and yes, comparing oneself to other people's successes.

I resent having made poor choices in life that led me to my current predicament.

I do look at other people, and how they glow, and look healthy, happy, a natural smile.

It's the complete opposite for me.

I look like I just got out of fucking prison, lmao.

Partly I feel like a ghost that has been sucked into a black hole and i feel lost.

Me too, luv. <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Élégie, Ash’Girl and 2 others
27clubBRIAN

27clubBRIAN

im a mk ultra victim
Jul 27, 2022
Totally know what you're talking about , I always feel in social settings it's a game of naming your credentials or boasting about all the dumb shit that you do . I feel like I used to know how to make my life sound interesting which I guess it was a little more exciting when I had a lifestyle but yeah when you compare yourself to others , you're always gonna suffer . I totally know that feeling when you feel like nothing you got going on is worth anything

Reactions: Zegers, Élégie, Ash’Girl and 3 others
N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
I'm 40 yrs old from Indonesia. I don't know how old are you (OP), but I can relate with your post. Especially when you're already 40, but basically still jobless/unemployed, still living with parents (dependent on them), single/not married, & basically just almost do nothing everyday (as a result of my existential depression, mostly). What's that if not a total, complete loser & useless failure? That's why I'm severely/heavily depressed, & have suicidal ideation (always thinking of suicide/death/dying basically everyday).

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Anónimo, katagiri83, Élégie and 8 others
S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
no bc we live two different lives i just say gd for u and keep it pushing .

• Love
Reactions: Message In A Bottle, Achlys and WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I'm told often not to look at social media because it portrays an unrealistic portrait of everybody's lives and that people only capture their best moments on there, which is true, but even in social settings and such I can tell my friends are way farther ahead of me in this rat race of life. They don't seem to have depression (I think) or at the very least they aren't having suicidal thoughts like I have sometimes. They have good families, good friends of their own, they can drive, they work, they're free, they're happy... they are accomplishing things while I'm wasting away.

I want to believe desperately in the idea that life is not a complete waste if you, at the very least, are enjoying what you are doing. I have moments of joy playing video games and watching movies but these are sedentary activities and it further reinforces the idea that I'm wasting my life, at least to me, but I want to break out of this mold.

All this said, yeah, I do feel like a loser.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, katagiri83, Élégie and 3 others
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
I feel like a loser seeing everyone around me busy succeeding with their lives… People with dreams and interests working hard… That's why I hide from the world… It's too painful to look at…

Reactions: Zegers, Élégie, Hollowman and 3 others
G

Graytaichi

Wizard
Feb 14, 2022
From dust we are formed , so to dust we shall be. Yes ,world is not fair but we all will die leaving nothing. Our fate is all the same , just food and water bathing healthy body is important.

Reactions: Zegers
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
From dust we are formed , so to dust we shall be. Yes ,world is not fair but we all will die leaving nothing. Our fate is all the same , just food and water bathing healthy body is important.
I need to get back to Dust as soon as possible… Although I feel like little more than dirt right now…

G

Graytaichi

Wizard
Feb 14, 2022
U a
I need to get back to Dust as soon as possible… Although I feel like little more than dirt right now…
I know how u feel. Your feeling will go away trust me. U only need a chance in life and events will change it!!! Trust me

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case, I don't care about what others are doing in their lives. It means nothing to me. I only envy dead people. Life is just a pointless experience that we go through for the sake of it and as long as someone is alive they are capable of suffering. I don't want any kind of life at all. Everything in life is meaningless and we will all lose everything someday so if you think about it that way, none of this matters.

• Hugs
Reactions: katagiri83, Bigpink and Euthanza
G

Graytaichi

Wizard
Feb 14, 2022
In my case, I don't care about what others are doing in their lives. It means nothing to me. I only envy dead people. Life is just a pointless experience that we go through for the sake of it and as long as someone is alive they are capable of suffering. I don't want any kind of life at all. Everything in life is meaningless and we will all lose everything someday so if you think about it that way, none of this matters.
I do feel the same way.

Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
Definitely! All my peers are doing amazing at life unlike me. The same goes for all of my cousins. One of them is a billionaire, others run their own business, another cycles professionally representing his country in global championships. Then there is me, a loser who can't even get out of bed. Throughout all my life, my parents compared me to everyone else and it hurt me very deeply. It's like no matter what I do, I'm just not good enough

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Élégie and WhatPowerIs
G

Graytaichi

Wizard
Feb 14, 2022
Definitely! All my peers are doing amazing at life unlike me. The same goes for all of my cousins. One of them is a billionaire, others run their own business, another cycles professionally representing his country in global championships. Then there is me, a loser who can't even get out of bed. Throughout all my life, my parents compared me to everyone else and it hurt me very deeply. It's like no matter what I do, I'm just not good enough
So what. Everyone grows old. And ashes they will become.

Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
So what. Everyone grows old. And ashes they will become.
They will have their loving wife alongside and children to take care of them or have someone in their life that will be close to them. I'm gay so I can't marry anyone since I live in a Muslim majority country plus I don't have any friends. It looks like I'll be alone as I grow up

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Yep.

But honestly the ppl I envy the most are those that get a quick and peaceful death.

Even if I was successful and all that jazz I'd probably still be suicidal. The only difference being my ego wouldn't be as bruised.

Reactions: Zegers, Élégie and Ash’Girl
BEATNGU

BEATNGU

Bone collector
Jun 15, 2022
Most humans have an inkling to "spin the truth" as it were. A dash of embellishment and exaggeration goes quite the distance. This one learned long ago that most braggartry is rarely followed by the facts to the letter it is proposed. More often than not, it is the least spoken with the most to say. The world is quite similar wherever you may wander with the only real difference being what people consume and the tune they dole out when communicating.

• Informative
Reactions: Zegers, katagiri83, foreverfalling and 3 others
K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
Yeah, definitely. Seeing people be happy used to give me motivation now it just makes me feel worse.

B

Burner1234

Jul 26, 2022
Yes. Those conversations always get awkward. It's also one of the reasons why I stay away from LinkedIn and other social media, too. Looking at other people's achievements/careers is depressing.

Reactions: Élégie
Ash’Girl

Ash’Girl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
Society has tried to ingrain the measure of what "success" looks like to us, mostly to keep us in the rat race of reproducing and working and paying taxes etc.

Finish school, further study, meet someone, get engaged, get married, have kids, the house, the car, the family package deal holiday: work til you die unless you can afford to retire, which most people can't afford to or don't live to the age to, or if they do, struggle so much with different ailments that by that point even if they can afford to, they can't physically engage in activities they enjoy.

Cynic, me?

That way of life never interested me, but I did used to be hungry for new experiences and connections, though I never conformed. So I'm a societal weirdo who hasn't on the surface checked the boxes of these ingrained expectations. It's always left me feeling on the outside looking in, except when I'd encounter other such "weirdos", but for some reason it's rare.

I've experienced some highs, many lows, every emotion a human can, some horrific crap but some beautiful moments. I took the chances I needed to to aim for something meaningful to me but mostly got crapped on, so I am apathetic towards bothering anymore. I tried, which used to be important to me. Now I'm just tired of life. I don't think I'd be happier if I'd conformed, I think I'd just have more responsibilities pressuring me to be a certain way for the sake of everyone else, and there's enough of that as it is, so I might even be more miserable, if less isolated.

Doesn't matter though. Can't change the past. Don't have the energy to change the present. Future looks pointless. I'm a regular lil ray of sunshine 🙄

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: foreverfalling, Élégie, WhatPowerIs and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
There are many ways to die. Some people, which are blissfully unaware, think there's just life and death, but actually you can be almost dead, you can be someone that is using all his might just to survive. The end result isn't beautiful, it isn't vibrant, it isn't smart, it isn't creative, it isn't dynamic, it isn't interesting. It's just a walking corpse with just enough life in it to achieve the unimpressive task of not dying completely, and not much else.

• Love
Reactions: Zegers, rationaltake, Élégie and 1 other person
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I know what you mean. "I'm just not good enough" is a thought that enters my mind very frequently. Ugh! I look around and I still can't believe this is all life has to offer to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Funeralprincess, Zegers and Élégie
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
I used to be deeply conscious of this feeling, when people talk about topics that I have not experienced or have no interest in. I'd feel left out but at the same time I'd have to pretend to be interested in what they are saying to 'keep the peace'. I wonder why they are interested in those things in the first place. It seemed to me that they were purely doing things like traveling the world, going to fancy restaurants so that they could tell other people about it. If they couldn't tell other people, would they still do these things?

Well I still feel this way to a degree, but now I understand that I am different from them, and I don't have to live like they do. However all that did is change how I felt from 'loser' to 'loner', because that is how 99% of people aspire to be.

Reactions: Élégie
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I do look at other people, and how they glow, and look healthy, happy, a natural smile.

It's the complete opposite for me.
Same. I look at some people and they look healthy and light as butterflies, and smile, well, I don't even have a reason to smile, i know comparing yourself to people isn't right but it's inevitable when you feel like you weigh a ton with every step and it's like you're going to pass out just taking a walk.

One of the girls, pretty, with thick hair and a smile of being genuinely happy, was telling things about medicine and travels, i don't know, i feel so far from a person who can act freely.

So many years of isolation have made me look bad, im losing that little motivation i used to take care of myself a little bit.
I always feel in social settings it's a game of naming your credentials or boasting about all the dumb shit that you do . I feel like I used to know how to make my life sound interesting which I guess it was a little more exciting when I had a lifestyle
That's right, no matter what country you live in, the same talks about what you have done, what you do, money, cars, properties, inheritances, travels, the shit you bought, careers, relations, what people you hang out with... so basically people who don't have a lifestyle are out.

almost do nothing everyday (as a result of my existential depression, mostly)
I'm in 30's. I've spent years doing nothing and when i started to get active i got an injury and went back to sedentary, it seems like my life is destined to not be able to do anything but rot in a flat with no good experiences at all.
They don't seem to have depression (I think) or at the very least they aren't having suicidal thoughts like I have sometimes. They have good families, good friends of their own, they can drive, they work, they're free, they're happy... they are accomplishing things while I'm wasting away.
Right, people don't seem to be sad or fucked up all the time, but in my case it's like having a black cloud hanging over me, constant problems. Thats why i feel like cursed or something.
It's like no matter what I do, I'm just not good enough
Maybe you're good at other things you haven't figured out. Every person is different.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: niki wonoto and WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Right, people don't seem to be sad or fucked up all the time, but in my case it's like having a black cloud hanging over me, constant problems. Thats why i feel like cursed or something.
That's the main difference between me and them, and in a way, us and them. Yeah, sure, we don't really know what other people are going through and everybody has problems and yadda yadda but they aren't posting in a suicide forum like we are. This isn't a competition of course but the overall point that a lot of people in my life are generally better put together rings true.