WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
My family and everyone who knew me had high hopes for me like I would actually become someone very successful they thought I was smart talented gifted etc lol little did they know that I'd be 27 stuck in a job I hate with people I hate scared of life and scared of death but hoping that I die everyday. Well I kind of agreed with them like I myself thought I'd be like famous or very successful but nope I'm a hopeless case nothing will ever make me happy. Such a loss. Tragedy and very very painful existence. Have you ever known that you'd end up fucked up or did you have hopes for yourself like me?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, miserableforever, Pluto and 8 others
Q

quothTheRaven9

Mar 13, 2022
Everyone had hopes for me and still does, despite me being a fuck up. In a way that makes knowing I'm a failure even worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: miserableforever, houseofleaves and WitheringAway
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Everyone had hopes for me and still does, despite me being a fuck up. In a way that makes knowing I'm a failure even worse.
What about you? Did you have hopes for yourself?

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
Well I kind of agreed with them like I myself thought I'd be like famous or very successful but nope I'm a hopeless case nothing will ever make me happy.

Well, to be honest. fame and success are probably the last things in the universe that would ever make anyone happy.

Reactions: WitheringAway
Q

quothTheRaven9

Mar 13, 2022
What about you? Did you have hopes for yourself?
I did. It was nice while it lasted- but life has a way of ripping things away from me- hope specifically.

• Hugs
Reactions: WitheringAway, Ligottian and _Seeking
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have never had any hope. I am simply not meant for this world and I cannot cope with life. I have never wanted to be alive and I never should have existed in the first place. Nothing would ever make me happy as well, I have no idea what happiness would be like. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: miserableforever and WitheringAway
Willy Wonka

Willy Wonka

Student
Dec 15, 2021
I´m also a "gifted kid" that never got anything done

• Love
Reactions: DeepSlumber, WitheringAway, quothTheRaven9 and 1 other person
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Sometimes. But not really. I've realized how we turn out is largely if not entirely out of our hands, just our genetic+environmental luck. It still feels bad to be a 'loser at life' but none of us need the extra gut punch of thinking it'd be better if only we did some mystery thing differently.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, WitheringAway, _Seeking and 1 other person
DisillusionedDragon

DisillusionedDragon

Pessimist/Antinatalist
Nov 25, 2020
No. With the things that were thrown my way it couldn't have turned out any other way. I just feel sad about it but I guess I've made my peace with it.

Reactions: WitheringAway and Crazy4u
JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
yes, most of the time, I used to be a gifted kid, and many people had quite a bit of hope in me, maybe not really, some of them still do, since I am still considered to be fairly young, but yeah, I feel ashamed since I could have avoided getting into this pitiful situation called my own life the way it is now.

Reactions: WitheringAway, quothTheRaven9 and Crazy4u
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Definitely, but that'll all be over soon once I end it.

Reactions: WitheringAway
heirofvoid

heirofvoid

Dec 20, 2021
I remember back in highschool a teacher asked us where would we see ourselves in 5-7 years and all I could see for my future is darkness. Like yes I was doing well in school, I was basically a straight A student and managed to graduate but after 2 years of college I broke down. I never really saw anything in me. I honestly felt like a machine following all of the adults' orders my whole life and now that I've strayed away from that I do not know myself anymore. So yes I feel pathetic.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and WitheringAway
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I feel very similar. The only difference is I cannot even hold a simple job.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and WitheringAway
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
More in awe. Disbelief sometimes. But then again what is life. I will have to make the best of it. Why not.

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Yeah. But i shouldn't be surprised

O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
I did at a time (21) working in retail still and I just couldn't stand it; thought my passions where unattainable, so I left for the greater head and never looked back.

UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
Not at all. I only did what I believed I had to at each point in my life, and though it's going to end with me catching the bus, it's not something I'm ashamed or embarrassed about at all.