Doorframe_dead

Doorframe_dead

Because we have to
May 28, 2024
What do people do with their accounts when you CTB? Do you delete before you do it? Or do most people leave their accounts active?

NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
Most people ask for their accounts to be banned but some ask it to be deleted. The mods might ban users if they post a goodbye thread and haven't logged in for a few days but I'm not sure if I'm remembering that correctly or is still true.

Upvote 0
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
I don't think Staff will delete your account, as in, scrubbing your data from their server. You could change your username, avatar, email, password and other account details to anonymize your account in a way. But your posts will remain public along with all the metadata unless you ask a moderator to remove them, in which case it's still on their server, just not visible/public anymore (called soft delete).

One way to leave this forum is to schedule final goodbye thread on a future date, which is what @hewiof did [link]. If you hover over her name then you'll see there's no option to start a chat or conversation, which probably means that she got banned* when a moderator saw her scheduled thread posted.

If I come at the deathly crossroad then I'll likely want my account to be left accessible. I have a password safe that holds the login credentials to all the accounts I ever creating which I'd like to give to my family.

* Edit: there are also users with crossed out names. I don't know the difference.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
Upvote 0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't plan on requesting any of my postings to be deleted. I'll just leave it as-is for posterity.

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
Upvote 0
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
We don't delete. You can ask for a ban, self ban or just leave it like it is.

Upvote 0