Title

• Total voters
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
No.
But there is a thin line between magic and science.

I mean, for example, advanced technology can look like magic to a less advanced civilization.
We don't even have to look far.
If a person from ancient times is teleported to our times, many things will look like magic to such a person.

Also, phenomena that we do not understand are explained with the help of "magic".
We do not understand them, so we can consider it as some kind of "magic".

So, I treat magic as wrong conclusions, lack of knowledge, or the perspective of a less advanced creature.

Of course, I have nothing against such things as meditation (some people and groups attribute magical properties to meditation).
Meditation can have positive properties, but it has nothing to do with magic. It is simply biology.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Downdraft, yariousvamp, wCvML2 and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I don't believe in magick, as it's generally considered supernatural or beyond scientific explanation. Most interpretations of magick involve phenomena that lack empirical evidence and go against the laws of nature as we understand them.

Reactions: BoulderSoWhat
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
No, it's all nonsense.

• Informative
Reactions: Downdraft, Hollowman and BoulderSoWhat
nux_walpurgis

nux_walpurgis

Me, my whispers and a broken God
Oct 18, 2023
I believe that magic, real magic, is the devil in a mask, making you believe in spirits or trees or whatever, but in reality you are praying ton him. And he sneers

mango-meridian

mango-meridian

Apr 5, 2024
Yeah! But not sure I'd want to try to explain it why I believe in it.

Reactions: Noctulian
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
No, but I'd like to understand why when I think about something bad, it happens (rather quickly)....

BoulderSoWhat

BoulderSoWhat

Aug 29, 2024
When I was inpatient after trying to kill myself, they gave me Magic Cups with dinner because my diet has been chronically terrible. They tasted good, they liked to give me Butter Pecan flavor a lot for some reason.

Screenshot 20240927 184012
No.
But there is a thin line between magic and science.

I mean, for example, advanced technology can look like magic to a less advanced civilization.
We don't even have to look far.
If a person from ancient times is teleported to our times, many things will look like magic to such a person.

Also, phenomena that we do not understand are explained with the help of "magic".
We do not understand them, so we can consider it as some kind of "magic".

So, I treat magic as wrong conclusions, lack of knowledge, or the perspective of a less advanced creature.

Of course, I have nothing against such things as meditation (some people and groups attribute magical properties to meditation).
Meditation can have positive properties, but it has nothing to do with magic. It is simply biology.
:)

Last edited:
H

Hanaga

Jun 28, 2024
Depends on what you mean by magick. Performing miracles like creating fire and water from nothing? It's impossible. Curses and blessings? Yes.

kat6

kat6

Sep 25, 2024
Yes… But different people have different definitions.

I believe there are many paths to it, and more than one right answer… But some paths that resonate with me are somewhat aligned with my belief system and practices are ceremonial magick and some Thelema. Is that what you meant?

yariousvamp

yariousvamp

Misanthrope vampire
Sep 8, 2024
idk. but if its real id like to find a spell to make me rich and leave this shit country

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't believe in magic but it would take some high level advanced wizardry just to make my life more liveable.

• Love
Reactions: mango-meridian and Gangrel
UnluckyBastard

UnluckyBastard

Jun 26, 2024
Look, I'd love to believe magic exists and the world is more than just the material. I just didn't see any convincing evidence of it. It's disappointing, but unfortunately this is what we're stuck with.

Reactions: mango-meridian