P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Sep 22, 2024
I've personally never met an alien (yet), but it's a big universe out there, so I'm kind of on the fence about it. Scientists are saying it's more than likely a multiverse as well, so the chances of other non-Earthly species existing somewhere out there do seem pretty good. What's interesting is that if we ever do come across an alien race, we're supposed to capitalize the name, ie Vulcan, Cylon, the Na'vi, etc.

Given the fact that there are at least 1.7 million different species of life on this planet alone, it's not difficult to believe that there are likely many others on various different planets. The bigger and more specific question is, do you think that there are other intergalactic life forms, which are even remotely similar to human beings?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: geogaddi_676, sickoceanbunny, DrinkyCrow and 2 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
100% YES. just in the number of planets that are in the inhabitable zone in their respective solar systems would say yes to me.

Everything on this planet is carbon based, but what says that it has to be?

In July 1981, I had a summer job between college, and I worked a 4pm to 12am shift every day. I got off and was driving to the place where I was hanging my hat that summer. It was about 10 miles out in the country, and I was heading East at the time.

In front of me to the right about a mile or so, was a VERY bright white light that was kind of oval shaped, hovering right above the tree line. I was super shocked, and I pulled over onto the gravel shoulder of the highway, shut the headlights and engine off and put the windows down. The bright white lighted shaped object was still hovering AND NOT making any sound what's so ever.

After, I say like around 5 minutes or so, it shot straight up going from hovering to like super-fast in a blink of an eye.

I sat there for a little longer and still to this day, WHAT did I see? I sure wish I knew, or someone could give me an answer.

Floating a little above the tree line with zero sound and then shooting skyward in a blink of my eye, it was not a plane or anything of that nature.

So YES, I completely think that there is life out among the stars and planets.

Walter

• Wow
Reactions: DrinkyCrow, Forever Sleep and Praying 4 a Miracle
alienfreak

alienfreak

Sep 25, 2024
The science of how life first started on earth is completely unsolved (the problem of abiogenesis), so that leaves a big mystery at the center of this question. I am not convinced that you can just apply chemical/physical processes to some rocks and it turns into conscious beings; there is something profound missing. Through astronomy we have observed that the universe is unfathomably huge and old; there are no signs that earth is particularly special, which suggests that other planets would have life just the same, even if abiogenesis is just an extremely unlikely rare event.
We don't understand consciousness at all. We don't understand very important fundamental aspects of reality.

I really don't know. My intuition is that it makes most sense that there are aliens.
(this should have been posted in offtopic i think, btw)

Last edited:
Reactions: geogaddi_676, memoriesofyesterday and Praying 4 a Miracle
memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
The science of how life first started on earth is completely unsolved (the problem of abiogenesis), so that leaves a big mystery at the center of this question. I am not convinced that you can just apply chemical/physical processes to some rocks and it turns into conscious beings; there is something profound missing. Through astronomy we have observed that the universe is unfathomably huge and old; there are no signs that earth is particularly special, which suggests that other planets would have life just the same, even if abiogenesis is just an extremely unlikely rare event.
We don't understand consciousness at all. We don't understand very important fundamental aspects of reality.

I really don't know. My intuition is that it makes most sense that there are aliens.
(this should have been posted in offtopic i think, btw)
Ironic with your name lol jk :) big hugs.

And I agree, Great question but it should been posted in OT. Would make for some interesting dialogue for sure there.

Reactions: alienfreak
WildAtHeart

WildAtHeart

tired
Oct 1, 2024
yes without doubt, imo its very very arrogant to think that us the human race and other organisms are the only things that remotely represent life in space. were not special in the grand scheme of things, we were just lucky. the universe is too big and filled with too many things for there not to be life.

Reactions: cowboypants, DrinkyCrow and Praying 4 a Miracle
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
No. I think the whole UFO/aliens thing could have started as a Cold War psyop. They do seem to be fond of US Air Force bases in the American southwest. I also think that for some people, aliens serve as surrogate gods.....Flat earth, Atlantis, remote viewing, bigfoot. I have little interest in pseudoscience.

Reactions: KillingPain267 and Praying 4 a Miracle
L

LionDad

After all this time? Always.
Aug 23, 2024
I'm not sure; I do often wonder though about which is scarier, some other beings out there that we do not know of or being alone in the universe.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
No. Statistical likelihood is not proof. You could point to a statistical likelihood of me robbing you, based on my gender, race and economic status, but if it's high it does not mean it is proof that I'm coming over to rob you, lol. We simply have not observed any complex life forms in outer space yet. There could or could not be any out there, but we can't say we know. Therefore, the answer is no for now.

Reactions: Ligottian and Praying 4 a Miracle
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes. Whether we'll ever get to meet them is another matter. I find it strange to think there might be an alien out there thinking exactly the same thing right now and talking about it on their equivalent of an online forum. šŸ‘½

Whether they'll be similar to us I suppose depends on what their planet is like. Which form thrived best there. I wonder if there are planets where dinosaurs or similar sprang up but weren't wiped out.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Praying 4 a Miracle
leavingsoonx

leavingsoonx

Bullied and Blue
Sep 22, 2024
I do because they have controlled my life. I've read abductions that sound exactly what is happening to me. Just so you know, there might be some good ones, but the ones I'm dealing with are Sinister, might as well refer to them as demons. I'm project X and I'm a soul container for many souls, most of them being also demonic in nature. Left, right, wherever you look, demons. Thanks aliens for that
I do because they have controlled my life. I've read abductions that sound exactly what is happening to me. Just so you know, there might be some good ones, but the ones I'm dealing with are Sinister, might as well refer to them as demons. I'm project X and I'm a soul container for many souls, most of them being also demonic in nature. Left, right, wherever you look, demons. Thanks aliens for that
They also stalk me, read me mind, and tell me to kill myself. They don't actually want me to kill myself, because then there wouldn't be anything entertaining to watch. This is my opinion, it sounds crazy, but it's sadly true.

• Aww..
Reactions: divinemistress36
disjectamembra

disjectamembra

the universe is going to catch you
Oct 1, 2024
there is definitely someone out there - could be closer or farther away than we think.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
geogaddi_676

geogaddi_676

Jul 12, 2023
I think it is likely there is non-complex single celled life relatively abundantly out there, however as user already mentioned we still do not know how abiogenesis started and have no evidence that's its a given,apart from seeing that it happened quite early on in our Earths history, and we know of extremophiles that prove life can exist in very different environments. It seems unlikely that intelligent life is abundant out there, otherwise we would likely see evidence of galaxy wide engineering and technosignatures everywhere, given the exponential growth of technology (moores law) and how easy it would be for technologically advanced species to spread out and make use of all the energy and resources (type 2-3 civlisations). Of course there are many solutions to the fermi paradox, a big one being that species may extinct themselves before reaching technological maturity, or just hiding away for fear of being colonised by other more advanced life, however this seems unlikely given that radio signals are spreading out at light speed from early on, which make hiding very difficult, but there are many other more plausible solutions. Either way, even if there is life out there, the distances between star systems and galaxies is so vast that communicating and visiting such places seems almost impossible,given the speed of light limit and timescales involved. There is an interesting theory called 'Grabby Aliens' which addresses this issue that's worth looking into,basicially concluding that we are likely early on in the formation of life in the Universe, otherwise there would be evidence of intelligent life everywhere, but given enough time / much later on in the Universe history the most technologically advanced species will suddenly colonise vast areas and regions on the Universe and fill it up all the niches,which clearly hasn't happened yet. Likely they will be in robot/cyborg form though, rather than organic life like ourselves.sprobably didnt explain that very well, better to read up on it yourself,if interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle and alienfreak
alienfreak

alienfreak

Sep 25, 2024
I love paradox. Why fermi was wrong ?!
I find this solution interesting and satisfying: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_forest_hypothesis
I think it is likely there is non-complex single celled life relatively abundantly out there, however as user already mentioned we still do not know how abiogenesis started and have no evidence that's its a given,apart from seeing that it happened quite early on in our Earths history, and we know of extremophiles that prove life can exist in very different environments. It seems unlikely that intelligent life is abundant out there, otherwise we would likely see evidence of galaxy wide engineering and technosignatures everywhere, given the exponential growth of technology (moores law) and how easy it would be for technologically advanced species to spread out and make use of all the energy and resources (type 2-3 civlisations). Of course there are many solutions to the fermi paradox, a big one being that species may extinct themselves before reaching technological maturity, or just hiding away for fear of being colonised by other more advanced life, however this seems unlikely given that radio signals are spreading out at light speed from early on, which make hiding very difficult, but there are many other more plausible solutions. Either way, even if there is life out there, the distances between star systems and galaxies is so vast that communicating and visiting such places seems almost impossible,given the speed of light limit and timescales involved. There is an interesting theory called 'Grabby Aliens' which addresses this issue that's worth looking into,basicially concluding that we are likely early on in the formation of life in the Universe, otherwise there would be evidence of intelligent life everywhere, but given enough time / much later on in the Universe history the most technologically advanced species will suddenly colonise vast areas and regions on the Universe and fill it up all the niches,which clearly hasn't happened yet. Likely they will be in robot/cyborg form though, rather than organic life like ourselves.sorry if thats a boring answer.
Nice answer, i love both geodaddi and your terence pic btw

Last edited:
Reactions: geogaddi_676
geogaddi_676

geogaddi_676

Jul 12, 2023
I find this solution interesting and satisfying: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_forest_hypothesis

Nice answer, i love both geodaddi and your terence pic btw
Thanks,it was the first BOC album I got and probably still my favourite,even though it reminds me of a very dark period in my life.Terence my favourite human being,i'm glad to hear you're a fan also. He had some interesting things to say about transdimensional alien life but maybe its best not to go there;] he was always humble enough to say really we don't know whats going on, whenever I start thinking I have life and the Universe figured out, I listen to one of his talks and i'm reminded of the mystery of the Universe, and how ephemeral and small our own lives are,the possibilities of the future,intelligence and consciousness. I share his curiosity in everything though,one of the only things going for me,arguably nobody had a better facility with language articulating the mysteries than he did .anyway going to sleep now,bye.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle and alienfreak
alienfreak

alienfreak

Sep 25, 2024
Thanks,it was the first BOC album I got and probably still my favourite,even though it reminds me of a very dark period in my life.Terence my favourite human being,i'm glad to hear you're a fan also. He had some interesting things to say about transdimensional alien life but maybe its best not to go there;] he was always humble enough to say really we don't know whats going on, whenever I start thinking I have life and the Universe figured out, I listen to one of his talks and i'm reminded of the mystery of the Universe, and how ephemeral and small our own lives are,the possibilities of the future,intelligence and consciousness. I share his curiosity in everything though,one of the only things going for me,arguably nobody had a better facility with language articulating the mysteries than he did .anyway going to sleep now,bye.
He's one of my favourite people too. Listened many hours of his recordings and the True Hallucinations audiobook. That was all a long time ago now. I feel odd remembering my state of mind back then, trying to remember those times and sense of curiosity he brought out. Hope you sleep well

Reactions: geogaddi_676
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
There are hundreds of billions of galaxies, each with hundreds of millions of stars. With each Star possibly having multiple planets.
So to say this little rock we are on is the only one that life developed in is just crazy to me

• Hugs
Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle and whywere
T

ThisIsMe1357

Student
May 20, 2024
I do believe in the existence of aliens somewhere in the universe. That seems highly likely given how vast the universe is and therefore how many planets similar to ours, which have all the right conditions to support life, must also exist here and there. By sheer probability alone we cannot possibly be the only life present in the universe.

I am even willing to believe a very advanced civilization might know about us and simply just observe us from afar while shielding themselves, so that they are not seen.

However I definitely do not believe aliens smarter or slightly smarter than us have reached our planet in flying saucers and are secretly working with the United States government to achieve...whatever.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle, ham and potatoes and whywere
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Hopefully they come here a squash us like the destructive little bugs we are.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Idk, as you said, it's a big universe. Who knows? Maybe there's life somewhere else.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Yes, I'm waiting on them to abduct me

Reactions: CantDoIt and Praying 4 a Miracle
cowboypants

cowboypants

From milkyway
May 7, 2024
I think non-complex life forms are are more likely easier to come across, like another user said. The sheer things that need to be right in order for life to happen sounds to me that life is rare in the universe.

And tech wise, we are still in a primitive era. The sheer expanse of the universe might keep us away from intelligent for better or worse. But we can't be the only intelligent species.

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I believe in a higher power or God/Creator but not necessarily aliens. Now is God an alien? I honestly don't know or think so. Trying to understand God is like impossible imo. They say He's a spirit or something? But then there's like the Trinity which is God the Father, God the son, and the holy Spirit.

I just believe in a supernatural being outside of time and space that created everything. Would this being be classified or could it be classified as an alien?

No Idea. I was drunk off my ass ln San Diego one day on the streets just walking around...I think I'd just eaten some nachos or something but this guy handed me like $10 or $20 and was rambling about how he didn't think God was just some superior being watching us all from the sky or something...I think he believed God was more active and apart of peoples lives or something like that...

The part that stuck with me was the "superior being" thing... kinda crazy...

Last edited:
depthss

depthss

wikihow
Dec 12, 2023
I've personally never met an alien (yet), but it's a big universe out there, so I'm kind of on the fence about it. Scientists are saying it's more than likely a multiverse as well, so the chances of other non-Earthly species existing somewhere out there do seem pretty good. What's interesting is that if we ever do come across an alien race, we're supposed to capitalize the name, ie Vulcan, Cylon, the Na'vi, etc.

Given the fact that there are at least 1.7 million different species of life on this planet alone, it's not difficult to believe that there are likely many others on various different planets. The bigger and more specific question is, do you think that there are other intergalactic life forms, which are even remotely similar to human beings?
yes i fully believe in aliens. its a very big universe, its very hard to believe that planet earth is the only spec in it with any life