LifeSucks39

LifeSucks39

Student
Feb 14, 2020
Where you and your loved ones are united again?

LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I do. I really hope to see my loved ones again. But at this point, I'm so desparate that it wont influence my decision.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Alain, highlyvolatile and Gregorius
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
I hope to see there a hand full of people

• Hugs
Reactions: Alain and highlyvolatile
FreedomInDeath

FreedomInDeath

Ready to leave
Jan 6, 2020
I do not. I have been through too much to believe in an afterlife. Also others stories make me believe there is nothing as well.

G

Gregorius

Better die with a smile than live with tears
Mar 16, 2020
I don't think you end up somewhere in a white suit and sing god songs.

But I know, that energy cannot die but is only converted. So I don't rule it out after death goes on somehow

Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I don't believe in one, it just doesn't make any sense.
I'd like to see my dead loved ones again, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Reactions: Alain
LivedAndNotLoved

LivedAndNotLoved

Leaving here, need to give life another shot!
Feb 28, 2020
I think something definitely happens after you die. Not sure what, but I dont think you die and that's that. Just my opinion ‍♀️

• Love
Reactions: Taran and highlyvolatile
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
No. The idea of heaven exists on earth. If only we made it a reality instead of waiting for it to happen after death. The idea of hell also exists on earth and that's what it's slowly becoming and why many of us want out. I find reincarnation far more plausible so if we don't want to go to hell we better do our recycling

Reactions: Alain
highlyvolatile

highlyvolatile

I don't know anymore.
Feb 14, 2020
I'd love for that to happen.

Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I don't have any loved ones, lost ones or still alive, never had, so...
But I believe there's something after life.

FohPah

FohPah

Student
Dec 7, 2019
If there is an afterlife, no one has ever come back from it to tell us, so...

T

tireddreamer

Mar 4, 2020
I think an afterlife is unlikely. If it does exist, it's not as any religion imagines it to be and probably just some form of reincarnation.

I really hope there isn't an afterlife.

Reactions: Taran and the box is empty
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I'm an empiricist.

So no I don't.

FohPah

FohPah

Student
Dec 7, 2019
I really hope there isn't an afterlife.
Same. Especially since most versions of the afterlife are some form of judgment. We already judge each other and ourselves way too much. Judgement is what I want to escape by dying.

Still, I really enjoyed watching The Good Place. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:
T

tireddreamer

Mar 4, 2020
Same. Especially since most versions of the afterlife are some form of judgment. We already judge each other and ourselves way too much. Judgement is what I want to escape by dying.

If there is an afterlife, I doubt it involves judgement. The reason why so many religions include afterlife "justice" is because it's a very human thing to desire. As a species we generally choose to believe what we wish were true.

When a loved one dies, we want them to be rewarded in the afterlife for being a good person. When a bad person dies, we want to believe that they'll be punished. If the same thing happens to both those people, it feels unjust.

Reactions: CrappyMJ and highlyvolatile
Alain

Alain

Student
Mar 11, 2020
My dad was an atheist and so am I. But I remember very well when a religious Belgian woman (Sœur Emmanuelle, who was an incredibly good person) died in 2008. My dad told me this : "I hope I'm wrong, because she really deserves to meet her beloved God and to go to heaven."
I remember that because it was one of these moments when I saw how kind and open minded he was, and it made me so proud to be his son.

So, in my opinion, if you believe in afterlife and if it makes you feel more comfortable with your life and death, then you should never stop believing. Keep this beautiful faith. And I hope I'm wrong being an atheist so you'll have what you want in your afterlife.

Still, I really enjoyed watching The Good Place. I'd recommend it to anyone.

This makes me remember an American TV show I loved when I was a teenager. Buffy the vampire slayer. In the show, the hero (that badass teenage girl who kills vampires, obviously) dies saving her sister and the world. But her friend is a witch and put a spell to bring her back to life. When she's back she feels horrible, so horrible that a friend of hers thinks she was in hell and it broke her inside. But she was in heaven and she describes it like a warm and loving feeling, with no space and time. And now she is broken because she has been taken off of it and has to live again on earth where everything is cold and hard.

That was a nice idea of heaven.

benjaminbusdriver

benjaminbusdriver

Mar 5, 2020
Yes, but not the cartoon version that we're taught as kids. It's much cooler than that.

First off, we know that energy cannot be destroyed and it just changes form. We also know that consciousness cannot be measured or quantified, and yet we experience it. Right now. So, all we need to do is look up into the sky, and see all the different forms of energy floating around and doing what energy does, with evidence going back from the beginning of it all to present day.

As cliche as it is, it's true that we are literally stardust, made of zillions of neutrinos that are a zillion years old. Those elements all working in sync, with pretty colours, fantastic light shows and crazy forms and geometries in visible form, as well as the invisible consciousness and self-organizing awareness that is necessary for any of that order to work. Energy drives consciousness, and since it cannot be destroyed, we just go to a different level or state when we die that can't be understood or measured by our small human brains.

The whole universe is such an unfathomably organized state of being (?) that it would simply be illogical (and cocky) to assume that we are the ONLY form of energy that just vanishes to nothing after we die.

I think we just transmute into a better dimension, leaving behind all the mundane shit that happened to us here, and eating donuts on a rocket ship to Cygnus A with everyone we ever loved. The beautiful heaven story of your youth is probably created by someone who experience a fragment of this and came back in a state of eternal ecstasy, knowing that there's a place with no judgement, or pain.

That's what I think. Maybe I've already been there ;-) !!!

(I just reread this and apologize for the hippy-dippy effects of the handful of yummy edibles I swallowed 2 hours ago.) Rocket boy 06 DestinyBannerFRHD2110

Ghassane

Ghassane

Feral kitten
Mar 8, 2020
I don't i was born in a really religious family a fanatic place on earth this is the only thing they kept saying i was eighteen when i lost hope on this stuff after struggling a lot but i wish i didn't just having an idea a hope is it self a kind of peace, my last day is so close this is way i made this acc i figured out if didn't do it now I'll never do but the idea of dying without anything out their is fustrating if u have hope still definitely don't lose it wether it's true or not it helps a lot and it hurts not having it.

Reactions: Crows
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
if theres an afterlife i'm fucked.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No. I believe when we lose consciousness, that is it for us. I think there is nothingness, just like how before we were born time passed but we weren't aware of it.