throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I feel like I don't have any control in my life. It's like everything in my life is beyond my control...it's almost like there is a destiny. No not in the religious sense. I mean like it's as if I don't have a free will.

I just feel so helpless. I desperately wanted to change things but I was unable to do so due to outside factors that are beyond my control.

Maybe someone here can relate to that. I used to strictly deny something like "destiny,fate,etc..." but the older I get the more I start questioning if there is actually free will

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape, RM5998, Maravillosa and 4 others
Q

QueenEtna

Gone
Jul 29, 2018
Yeah I do. When I think about the future I just feel so helpless and get the overbearing urge to end it all.

Reactions: wiIIow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Pointlessabyss and 2 others
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
I feel helpless too part of my brain wants me to die and the other half refuses to let me do anything to accomplish that.

Reactions: Maravillosa, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and 1 other person
Lunar

Lunar

Student
Aug 14, 2018
I can relate. I feel like life/society is set up in such a way where we don't have control. There are things we apparently must do whether we like it or not, but I personally refuse to accept that. It's a lose lose situation in my opinion. We're also a slave to our bodily functions.

Reactions: Final Escape, mwu14, Maravillosa and 5 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
The whole thing feels like a giant prison camp, almost all land is off limits, wall to wall asphalt, its crushing to the spirit.

Reactions: throwaway123, Final Escape, mwu14 and 2 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I know what you mean. for a long time I've felt like I'm just an observer in my own life, like watching a movie except I'm experiencing all these horrible sensations against my will. I never know where my mental state is going to be in the next 5 minutes; I've been told I'm unpredictable, but the thing is even I rarely know what I'm going to do next. I don't remember what it feels like to be in control. it's a nightmare

Reactions: throwaway123, Justanotherconsumer, RM5998 and 5 others
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I feel like I don't have any control in my life. It's like everything in my life is beyond my control...it's almost like there is a destiny. No not in the religious sense. I mean like it's as if I don't have a free will.

I just feel so helpless. I desperately wanted to change things but I was unable to do so due to outside factors that are beyond my control.

Maybe someone here can relate to that. I used to strictly deny something like "destiny,fate,etc..." but the older I get the more I start questioning if there is actually free will

Well, free will can't be real. We are deterministic systems describable by physics in near total certainty, only affected by the limits of the uncertainty principle. Field fluctuations proposed by extensions of the same principle are the only fluctuations present.

As I like to say, we only have a chance, not a choice.

Reactions: throwaway123, Justanotherconsumer and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
I often feel as if I am not in control of my life, that fate is controlling me. This is supposed to be an indicator that one has double depression (persistent depressive disorder [dysthymia] + major depression). Indeed, my current psych diagnoses are dysthymia, major depression with psychotic features and PTSD, so I fit right in:

https://www.webmd.com/depression/double-depression#3-7

People with dysthymia often feel as though they have little or no control over their own life. The feeling is that something else -- fate or other people -- are responsible for the course of their lives. This is not a typical feeling for people with major depression with no underlying dysthymia.​

https://anxietyscope.com/double-depression/

Individuals with double depression frequently feel as they have no control over their own personal life. The feeling is somewhat unique such as intention with other individuals, during the control course of their lives. This isn't a regular feeling for an individual having significant unhappiness with no important sign of double depression.
https://www.news-medical.net/news/2007/07/24/27964.aspx

In addition to differences in the level of hopelessness, the researchers found that people with dysthymia alone and those with double depression felt little control over their own lives. People with these conditions felt that external forces -- other people or fate -- determined their future. Those suffering from major depression alone did not have this characteristic.​

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RM5998 and Circles