D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
If there is one, please refer me to it. I'm thirtysomething, yet never traveled a lot, have never booked such thing through app, never been at some better hotel… I know that often people fail not because of the method (even if it doesn't go smoothly, gets a little messy etc.), but because of being discovered too early. I do not have a plan yet or any specific date to ctb, but I want to have a proper plan. And I don't even know how to book a hotel, what questions they could reasonably ask when I show up there etc. How does short term rent work. Things like that. Is there a megathread you could refer me to?

mafuyu

mafuyu

electric angel
Feb 9, 2023
I mean I'm no hotel connoisseur but uh… you can just book a hotel. No questions asked, lol. Or around here we have some shady little motels. All drugs and sex work. Surely they don't give a fuck :P

D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
I know that people here are really against using Airbnb and alike, but plenty of "hosts" there are marked as "professional" ones, so it shouldn't be much different ethically? But does the hotel staff or the host have to know your address when you're booking? Would booking in the same town/city you live at be a red flag to them? Or booking an apartment for just few days? Like seriously, most "fails" come from being found, not from the method itself failing. I do not have a set date and am just researching, but this part sounds like the one that needs the most foolproofing.