P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
(wasn't sure if this should go in suicide discussion so I am just leaving it here)

when I see videos like these randomly I wonder what I am doing wrong/stuff relating to SI, indecisiveness, not thinking that I am not bad off or suicidal enough if that's even a thing etc. etc.

or I wonder if this hobby/stunt seen in the video(s) relates to Urbach–Wiethe disease which is something I haven't done much research on or read about because I only recently heard of it last year

this one is a bit more anxiety inducing than the other (along with this channels other videos where he does this)

would like to hear opinions and thoughts on this hobby/these videos

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Contraband, Rocinante, Saturn_ and 1 other person
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
I was following a guy who did stuff like this, and one day he just fucking died. His last upload was just him doing push-ups on a tall building and he lost his grip. I cried for hours, it had me so shocked. All it took was one mistake and he was gone. So i don't watch this tuff anymore it makes me feel anxious

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: psp3000 and EvisceratedJester
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Just watching stuff like that makes my hands go all sweaty and my heart start racing. Some people are just built different, if that's what they enjoy doing/want to do then fair play to them.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie and psp3000
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I feel like you'd have to have at least a little bit of a death wish to make videos like this.

Reactions: etherealspring, Ghostgirl, wCvML2 and 2 others
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
I find it appealing.

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I was following a guy who did stuff like this, and one day he just fucking died. His last upload was just him doing push-ups on a tall building and he lost his grip. I cried for hours, it had me so shocked. All it took was one mistake and he was gone. So I don't watch this stuff anymore it makes me feel anxious
I am sorry that you saw that happen to someone you knew hopefully it wasn't live/in real time because I have vaguely heard of that happening sometimes in videos like this which could be even more traumatizing. I am also surprised no one has really talked about those incidents as much so then others who enjoy the hobby can be more safe or take precaution in the future. Maybe the lack of safety gives them a rush like with many other hobbies or interests even if they aren't as extreme as the ones mentioned here.

Just watching stuff like that makes my hands go all sweaty and my heart start racing. Some people are just built different, if that's what they enjoy doing/want to do then fair play to them.
Same, instantly reminded me that I am probably still afraid of heights as well ': /

• Hugs
Reactions: eatantz
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: binturong, Yarani, limeoctave and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Watching such videos gives me the same feeling as if I do it myself. Not really an uncomfortable feeling but honestly I wouldn't do it irl. Too much of a coward for that and I don't have any sports experience.

These people hopefully know what they r doing and they take a risk. That's their decision not mine.

trappedinthislife

trappedinthislife

May 13, 2024
Not my cup of tea, and don't rly care. If it's their decision, go ahead, just don't hurt anyone. I feel like some of them are suicidal as well, people are pretty fearless when they are.

And also, I hope they're not doing this for youtube clicks. Because putting your life in danger for clout is to me a stupid idea. When you die no one will remember you anyways. So if you do this because you enjoy it, go for it. If you do it because you want attention, don't.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
There's no way I'd be able to do something like that.
It's not for me.

Of course, I like to watch this type of content sometimes.
This is also interesting ;)

• Informative
TropicalGuy

TropicalGuy

Jun 9, 2024
I swear, there's 2 types of people, the type that would do everything to be away from harm and the type of person that would back flip into a grizzly bear's cage while handling 2 king cobras, drunk and higher than the clouds.

• Yay!
etherealspring

etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
i enjoy a good adrenaline rush from these sorts of videos. not sure if id be able to do it myself irl tho

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
or I wonder if this hobby/stunt seen in the video(s) relates to Urbach–Wiethe disease
Urbach-Wiethe disease is very rare so its unlikely that this has anything to do with that disease. Some people like the feeling of having an adrenaline rush, so it's more likely that those people are just adrenaline junkies.

Also, those videos are fucking terrifying.

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000 and avoid