bussy

bussy

“my sin, my soul”
Mar 30, 2023
hi, lots of question but when i choose the ctb, i want to do it in a hotel, with a note letting people know that there is a suicide inside. most likely case, they will call the police to deal with my death.

i also want to write letters addressed to my best friend and my parents. but i dont want to give it to them beforehand, as ofc… it may get in the way of things.
therefore i wanted to just leave the letters on the table/nightstand of the hotel room, with clear indication who they are addressed to.

would there ever be a situation where the police takes the letters in as evidence?
would the police deliver the letters to my family?

i heard that in some cases, the police do take in letters until it is clearly proven to be a suicde during post mortem or something…
but since i am choosing to go by SN, would it not be instantly ruled as a suicide? since it is pretty obvious, i mean ill even have the tub of SN next to me lol

would there be a delay in them receiving the letters due to the police having them?

edit: i live in the UK, idk much abt the police procedures here

Last edited:
Reactions: Why am i still here, restingplace and deleted442
deleted442

deleted442

Getting closer
Jun 7, 2023
I'm seriously thinking of a hotel too so my best friend doesn't have to find me.
Writing separate notes to family and friends is also a good idea

Reactions: Why am i still here and bussy
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
I have no idea about police procedures in your country, but you could use delayed emails instead. That's what I intend to do. No chance of police interference at all.

Reactions: Why am i still here, lightturquoise, bussy and 1 other person
deleted442

deleted442

Getting closer
Jun 7, 2023
I have no idea about police procedures in your country, but you could use delayed emails instead. That's what I intend to do. No chance of police interference at all.
I like this. Good thinking

bussy

bussy

“my sin, my soul”
Mar 30, 2023
ohh yeah good idea, tho funny thing is. i dont know my friends email… and my parents are pretty old fashioned so im not sure how they would manage with that.
i also thought a letter would be more symbolic since it is handwritten and can be personalised.
tho ill prolly send texts to them right before anyway

Reactions: Why am i still here
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
ohh yeah good idea, tho funny thing is. i dont know my friends email… and my parents are pretty old fashioned so im not sure how they would manage with that.
i also thought a letter would be more symbolic since it is handwritten and can be personalised.
tho ill prolly send texts to them right before anyway
That does make things more difficult. Maybe if you're really, really sure it's going to happen on a given day, you could send the letters by snail mail? It has the downside that it's harder to get them back if things don't turn out for you as expected.

bussy

bussy

“my sin, my soul”
Mar 30, 2023
That does make things more difficult. Maybe if you're really, really sure it's going to happen on a given day, you could send the letters by snail mail? It has the downside that it's harder to get them back if things don't turn out for you as expected.
oooh, havent heard of that term but ill look into it!! thank you

Reactions: Why am i still here and deleted442
deleted442

deleted442

Getting closer
Jun 7, 2023
I have a friend who bought me an old school fountain pen and inkwell. I might end up doing both emails and handwritten notes. Either way I shall be saying it's nobody's fault and to ask for their forgiveness.

Reactions: Artemisia
cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
hi, lots of question but when i choose the ctb, i want to do it in a hotel, with a note letting people know that there is a suicide inside. most likely case, they will call the police to deal with my death.

i also want to write letters addressed to my best friend and my parents. but i dont want to give it to them beforehand, as ofc… it may get in the way of things.
therefore i wanted to just leave the letters on the table/nightstand of the hotel room, with clear indication who they are addressed to.

would there ever be a situation where the police takes the letters in as evidence?
would the police deliver the letters to my family?

i heard that in some cases, the police do take in letters until it is clearly proven to be a suicde during post mortem or something…
but since i am choosing to go by SN, would it not be instantly ruled as a suicide? since it is pretty obvious, i mean ill even have the tub of SN next to me lol

would there be a delay in them receiving the letters due to the police having them?

edit: i live in the UK, idk much abt the police procedures here
I plan to alert my parents using scheduled sms. If you have an apple phone and your parents also have the same check whether you can send a picture. But I suppose police will take pictures or give the letters back if they take since they are personal stuff and alternatively you can keep a photocopy around

Reactions: bussy
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024
Or mail them.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Yes, they will take any notes they find at the scene as evidence. Whether they release them to the people they are addressed to or to the family surprisingly seems to be up their discretion. There have been instances where they were not released, or not without a fight, and I can't understand what to chalk that up to besides some enormous lack of empathy.

Reactions: bussy