• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I don't think it matters if you're thin or fat

Reactions: Dear Agony, demuic and PeacefulTonic
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Course it doesn't. If you go high enough there is a terminal velocity. That means ths fastest fall speed possible no matter the weight. If you jumped of something low like a wall then maybe a larger person will accelerate a bit faster and therefore hit the floor harder but when jumping from lethal heights it makes no difference other than the speed it takes to reach the terminal velocity and I don't think ite a substantial difference.

Something that can impact the survival rate, minimally, is whether you tense up or relax at the point of landing. I mean it's not a reliable way to survive a fall but there are reports of people falling from planes and passing out before hitting the ground, therefore landing in a relaxed state and very luckily surviving as a result. There's still a ton of luck involved involved in that survival but it is at least partially attributed to the relaxed state because, it's summized that landing in tensed state results in worse kinds of injuries even in relatively small falls. It's essentially useless info to be fair, ha! Not even sure why I mentioned it. :D

Reactions: fastFWD and demuic
D

Deleted member 32964

I tested this from the 2nd story of my house. weight makes no difference, everthing falls at the same rate.

I worked and lived in a building where a man threw himself from his apartment after acting suspiciously on the roof. He lived through a 5-6 story dive. Need to higher up. Blood all over the alley. Crazy attempt.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Fadeawaaaay and fastFWD
endme

endme

tides
Nov 22, 2021
I tested this from the 2nd story of my house. weight makes no difference, everthing falls at the same rate.

I worked and lived in a building where a man threw himself from his apartment after acting suspiciously on the roof. He lived through a 5-6 story dive. Need to higher up. Blood all over the alley. Crazy attempt.
how did he survive? like what kind of injuries did he face? and couldnt he have made sure if he lands on his head? i kinda cant believe someone survives this, on the other hand theres a lot of reports from people surviving heights...

i think if you manage to fall on the top of your head chances of death should be pretty high, no?

orange

orange

Experienced
Nov 19, 2021
how did he survive? like what kind of injuries did he face? and couldnt he have made sure if he lands on his head? i kinda cant believe someone survives this, on the other hand theres a lot of reports from people surviving heights...

i think if you manage to fall on the top of your head chances of death should be pretty high, no?
I think it would be extremely hard to control where you land on, do you think you would still be suicidal when ur falling? SI would take over IMO

D

Deleted member 32964

I don't know how he survived. I lived below him at that time and didn't even know it had happened. I read a book about 'what goes on in this building - residents, daily activity" and discovered the information there. I just know that he lived. I saw the video of him on the roof contemplating before someone reported him. At that point, he went to his room and threw himself from his window.

Another situation - a woman leapt to her death from a Catholic Community housing project here in Seattle. As I was temporarily homeless and waiting to take a shower in the basement, I was there. I heard a cry above me and thougth that some crazy people were arguing. I felt a thump and thought that a truck had gone by making the ground "thud". I turned my head to see a body next to me with blood running all down the concrete. Needless to say, that was an uncomfortable shower that morning. She was sick (terminally ill) with something like MS (debilitated, permanently - rotting in her own body).

She was only 6 stories up. I guess it was just her time to go.

My friend died throwing herself from a construction site. Her arm severed and her head cracked. She had been on a psych hold and had gotten loose :

(**Nice of the "father" to come around to collect after death**) ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Greenberg and BeautifulMosaics
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
While both will fall mostly at the same rate, assuming one isn't wearing an extremely large and baggy clown suit, the larger person will have a bit more kinetic energy. But, the most common cause of death from a fall is head trauma. Your new arm with 20 extra moving parts usually won't kill you. There are not a lot of fat cells around the skull area so the differences in fatty tissue here between larger and smaller people is nominal. It might had been a plausible survival difference if there was someone running around with 20 or 30 pounds of fatty tissue encasing their skull.

• Yay!
Reactions: Greenberg