Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
It's hard for me to express or elaborate, but it feels like they disapprove of me or don't necessarily hold me in high regard.

You see, we all have a basic regard for one another. For instance, our perception of Bill Gates or any other outstanding achiever may be enormous and comprise just positive aspects of the individual or it may be like you see the person's overall value.

Regrettably, I believe that my value is negligible in comparison to everyone else's. It could be a result of my actions or a self-saboteur that I harbour.

For instance, on Instagram, the majority of individuals either ignore my follow request or, if they do, choose not to follow me back. It seems to them that I just am not worth it.

Does anyone feel the same way? And does it contribute to feelings of CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: TimetoGo!, Forever Sleep, Source Energy and 1 other person
altoids

altoids

Looking
Feb 26, 2023
Totally get that. I feel the same way, maybe in a slightly different way but I completely understand what you mean. I think I just wasn't cut out to be with the rest of them.

• Love
Reactions: Gaga786
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
Totally get that. I feel the same way, maybe in a slightly different way but I completely understand what you mean. I think I just wasn't cut out to be with the rest of them.
yes, that is how I have always felt. Thank you for sharing that, though. It means a lot

• Love
Reactions: altoids
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
People I know? Not nearly negative enough.
Strangers online (like the insta example)? Seems so.

novem

novem

Experienced
May 9, 2022
I do not regard Bill Gates at all
And i recommend to stay away from social media if you want to recover, social media is actively depressing you.

Reactions: AllMyDreams and Source Energy
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I definitely agree with @novem - social media can just obliterate your self esteem. I try and avoid it wherever possible.

I actually feel like a lot of it is 'Emperor's New Clothes' anyway- SO many people big up how great their lives are and how successful and popular they are. I wonder just how many TRULY believe it though. I think so many just feel obliged to do it because- it's what everyone else is doing- type thing. I guess it is for connection as well. It just so often seems so false to me though.

But yeah- I expect many people do have a negative perception of me. I think quite a few think I'm weird probably. Plus, I have a crushing lack of self confidence and shyness/social anxiety which tends to make me mess up. I probably hate the most the perception that I am incompetent.

• Love
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I definitely agree with @novem - social media can just obliterate your self esteem. I try and avoid it wherever possible.

I actually feel like a lot of it is 'Emperor's New Clothes' anyway- SO many people big up how great their lives are and how successful and popular they are. I wonder just how many TRULY believe it though. I think so many just feel obliged to do it because- it's what everyone else is doing- type thing. I guess it is for connection as well. It just so often seems so false to me though.

But yeah- I expect many people do have a negative perception of me. I think quite a few think I'm weird probably. Plus, I have a crushing lack of self confidence and shyness/social anxiety which tends to make me mess up. I probably hate the most the perception that I am incompetent.
It's a good thing this forum allows you to show off your many positive traits. It's a shame what people miss out on when they refuse to take a closer look.

• Love
Reactions: Gaga786 and Forever Sleep
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020

Thank you for your response. I definitely agree, people are missing out. Wishing you the best

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's a good thing this forum allows you to show off your many positive traits. It's a shame what people miss out on when they refuse to take a closer look.
Thanks so much. I love this place. I think people are so much more supportive here than regular social media. ❤️

Reactions: Fwompje
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
People only have a negative perception of me if they know what I really think. People are very intolerant that way. But I rarely show my true self because it ends the same way every time.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Thanks so much. I love this place. I think people are so much more supportive here than regular social media. ❤️
Regular social media is about showing off and making your opinions known. Clearly we value other things here!

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
Social media isn't a place I recommend being active on if you want to recover. It seems to just lower your self esteem so what's the point. It doesn't make you feel better but makes you feel bad. People who think good of famous people like Bill Gates, Albert Einstein etc. might not like them as a person itself but simply like their contributions. It's nothing personal and nothing worth of value. Personally, I wouldn't care what a bunch of strangers on the Internet thought of me. However, if it's people you know who have a negative perception of you then it might be a bit of a problem. I personally just ignore them. Nothing hood will cone from interactions with them anyway. After all, you don't need everyone to like you.

• Love
AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
I agree with the previous comments. If you look on social media you are looking at people's "highlight reels". You don't really know if they're happy inside. I mean just look at Alexis Sharkey, a successful influencer who ended up murdered because she was in an abusive relationship... Don't compare yourself to what people post.

Regardless, other people should never be your primary source of validation. Yes, it's good to accomplish goals in life, and to make the people you care about happy, but you won't always be able to do that, and people won't always like you. You have to foremost get love from within, from yourself, unconditionally. No matter what happens, you know yourself and that you are a kind, thoughtful, interesting person, who yes has done both good and bad things like any human, and that makes your life interesting and worthwhile. Once you unconditionally love yourself, you won't be dependent on other people for validation. But also, when people see that you're comfortable with your own life, they'll gravitate to you more.

• Hugs
BlackWednesday

BlackWednesday

Student
Oct 18, 2022
Anyone who has spent a long time with me has come to dislike me. I probably don't make a great first impression either since I'm quite awkward and uncomfortable with people.

• Hugs