• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
I've read some article saying that, in the last stage before CTB, when people are firmly decided, they tend to get better and happier on the outside.

Would you say it is true?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and girlsboysthems
Monkeyman

Monkeyman

Dec 27, 2022
It's going to depend on the person, of course, but the logic behind it is that they get "happier" because they know they're going to be gone soon and won't have to endure the life they hate anymore, so it feels like a weight being lifted away.

Reactions: GasMonkey, Leonardo Part VI, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
U

umbra_

Feb 21, 2023
There's also evidence to show that people tend to be more successful when they are "less bad" because when it is the worst for them, they don't have the energy to act on suicidal ideation.

It's incredibly nuanced and personal

Reactions: y'ffre, not-2-b-the-answer, girlsboysthems and 2 others
tary

tary

Experienced
Jul 3, 2022
It makes sense to me. Having SN in my closet alone gives me a sense of comfort, even though I haven't settled on a CTB date yet.
I don't need to worry about any long-term problems of survival, like job security, retirement, finding a partner or starting a family, etc. I can just concentrate on enjoying my existence for a while longer.

• Love
Reactions: Leonardo Part VI, y'ffre, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
There's also evidence to show that people tend to be more successful when they are "less bad" because when it is the worst for them, they don't have the energy to act on suicidal ideation.

It's incredibly nuanced and personal
I can definitely attest. I'm at my most suicidal when I'm most forgiving towards the people who caused a misdiagnosis of my spinal disease. When I'm angry, I cannot do anything.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and umbra_
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I can imagine that many people feel relieved knowing that they have a plan to exit this world and I guess that this can make them feel better as they won't feel as trapped here anymore. And also some other people could be pretending to feel happier in front of others just so those people don't get suspicious of the person's plans.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Live or Let Die

Live or Let Die

๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜€, ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—Ÿ๐——
Mar 15, 2023
I wouldn't say happier, I'm also not saying that being happy in the last stage can't happen. But I feel you mean relieved? That would make the most sense, because once you have a set plan, you no longer feel trapped into a life you thought worthless. Maybe giving you the motivation to give it one last shot, because if it doesn't work out, you can just leave. Then if your last shot actually works out and things get better, you don't have to make another plan should they get that bad again.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and girlsboysthems
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
It makes sense to me. Having SN in my closet alone gives me a sense of comfort, even though I haven't settled on a CTB date yet.
I don't need to worry about any long-term problems of survival, like job security, retirement, finding a partner or starting a family, etc. I can just concentrate on enjoying my existence for a while longer.
This is relieving, but also dangerous in my opinion. It is very easy to get "content with suffering", so to speak, and never gather the courage.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
BlackWednesday

BlackWednesday

Student
Oct 18, 2022
This is relieving, but also dangerous in my opinion. It is very easy to get "content with suffering", so to speak, and never gather the courage.
Some people believe that depression is partially a survival mechanism as it prevents people from having the energy to kill themselves. The fact that some antidepressants increase suicide rates is evidence for this.

• Wow
Reactions: Sparr0w
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
Cannot say 100%, as I'm not in the final lap yet. However, I learned a lot with a couple of members 100% committed to take the plunge or having already taken it. Thanks to them, my future suicide now appears to be a normal, acceptable and logical response to the signals ("hey, Hercule, it's time to go now") my body will probably send soon.
I'm mentally and technically ready, even if it's not yet an emergency.
The essential is this: there is less fear, maybe no fear at all. Survival instinct is dead. I repeat: dead.
Thanks to all of you for that.

Last edited:
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
Maybe someone else would also add their point of view to this discussion?