disgustingtrash

disgustingtrash

May 19, 2023
I get the worst binge episodes after a bad day. ironic because all my days are bad, but that's not the main issue. the main issue is that I always tend to binge at night when I should be sleeping bc I got school the day after. So I lay in bed with the most bloated and disgusting feeling possible. Completely unable to sleep, crying and feeling guilty. I only binge, I don't purge bc I have a fear of throwing up. I'm surprisingly not overweight or even fat, but it doesn't really matter bc the feeling in my body after a binge is worse than gaining a few kgs. idk I just felt like venting about my emotional eating bc it's a huge part of coping with suicidal thoughts. I'm trying to stay away from sh, it's getting warm outside and my fresh sh cuts need to heal so I can actually show some skin.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghostmaster, charlotte_, limerance1 and 6 others
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
don't find myself having issue with drinking or doing drugs, but i also overindulge with food, probably as coping mechanism to deal with stress

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghostmaster and outrider567
Not.Flugel

Not.Flugel

✨Invaild Pharmacy Student✨
May 7, 2023
Fell you, binged today, because I had complete circulatory collapse on Sunday and missed my chance to drown peacefully after 2 km of swimming. Only had eaten around 600 calories and drank like 350 ml, can't continue doing this is lab since otherwise I would collapse again, which is way worse in lab, since I could be kicked out.

Still coping with SH since I couldn't give less of a shit about my scars, I cut my face sometimes. The only good thing about ED is my alcoholism is basically gone. But my calorie intake was so down that, I struggle to finish even a medium portion of fries without getting really dizzy af. So yeah, it was a binge by my standards.

disgustingtrash

disgustingtrash

May 19, 2023
don't find myself having issue with drinking or doing drugs, but i also overindulge with food, probably as coping mechanism to deal with stress
I hate how everyone refuses to believe that food is also an addiction just how drugs are. Literally having a binge episode shows the same behavior as having a hard drug episode. Loss of control, overconsumption, feeling like something else has taken over your body until you've eaten everything and you're sitting there with a bloated painful stomach. I'm happy you don't drink and do drugs as coping mechanism, and I hope it never happens to you. Though food addiction sucks too, hope u recover from it<3

Reactions: Ghostmaster and myusername890
noonipie

noonipie

Student
Apr 5, 2023
i used to binge eat like CRAZY i mean to the point of physical pain and like almost every single day. i did it for several years and i still tend to eat more than i care to when im stressed or upset but ive managed to control my eating habits a bit more so im more normal in that sense now

Reactions: wastingtime
disgustingtrash

disgustingtrash

May 19, 2023
Fell you, binged today, because I had complete circulatory collapse on Sunday and missed my chance to drown peacefully after 2 km of swimming. Only had eaten around 600 calories and drank like 350 ml, can't continue doing this is lab since otherwise I would collapse again, which is way worse in lab, since I could be kicked out.

Still coping with SH since I couldn't give less of a shit about my scars, I cut my face sometimes. The only good thing about ED is my alcoholism is basically gone. But my calorie intake was so down that, I struggle to finish even a medium portion of fries without getting really dizzy af. So yeah, it was a binge by my standards.
I can relate a bit because I used to have anorexia, and my appetite changed drastically too. I could put the smallest spoonful of rice in my mouth and almost gag at it because I basically didn't know the feeling of hunger anymore, I couldn't stand feeling any sort of food inside of me. I've recovered from ana a long time ago tho, but i struggle with BED now instead. Also don't feel the need to explain your binge, a binge doesn't always need to be thousands of calories, it's mainly what's going through your head as you're binging. Hope ur ok, I know how painful it is to go through binge episodes

Jezzibell

Jezzibell

On my way out. Yayyyyy
Apr 21, 2023
Yes. Very much so. It's an immediate reaction to turn to food but I have anorexia and purge anything I eat or drink. I agree that it is an addiction. I'm food obsessed. I never judge people on their weight because I understand that for many people its both compulsive and a solace. I hate it when people say to overweight folk they must just stop eating so much or go on a diet. It deeply offends me and is just dismissive because it's an assumption that all overweight people are just fat because they won't diet. Ill get off my soapbox now:-)

Reactions: wastingtime
disgustingtrash

disgustingtrash

May 19, 2023
i used to binge eat like CRAZY i mean to the point of physical pain and like almost every single day. i did it for several years and i still tend to eat more than i care to when im stressed or upset but ive managed to control my eating habits a bit more so im more normal in that sense now
that is actually so amazing and im so happy for you. no one seems to talk about how difficult it is to overcome BED, but you've come a long way. Im currently experiencing that painful bloat rn after a massive binge lmao so I know exactly what you're talking about. Love ur pfp btw
Yes. Very much so. It's an immediate reaction to turn to food but I have anorexia and purge anything I eat or drink. I agree that it is an addiction. I'm food obsessed. I never judge people on their weight because I understand that for many people its both compulsive and a solace. I hate it when people say to overweight folk they must just stop eating so much or go on a diet. It deeply offends me and is just dismissive because it's an assumption that all overweight people are just fat because they won't diet. Ill get off my soapbox now:-)
100% agree with everything you said. Especially how people judge your mental illness by your looks. I've never been fat or overweight. always been a healthy normal weight, so therapists would not help me with my eating disorder even though I explained in detail how horrible it is. I also used to have ana, but I recovered from it a while ago. It sadly turned into bed without purging bc I have a fear of puking, I'm trying my best to beat this ed. I know how painful it is to have food constantly in ur mind, hope ur ok!

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes. I used to be even worse than I am now but I still have a bad relationship with food. I'm overweight as a result. I really feel for you. It's a horrible addiction to have because it's not like we can just quit eating! So many foods are triggers for me too.

• Hugs
Reactions: psp3000 and disgustingtrash
disgustingtrash

disgustingtrash

May 19, 2023
Yes. I used to be even worse than I am now but I still have a bad relationship with food. I'm overweight as a result. I really feel for you. It's a horrible addiction to have because it's not like we can just quit eating! So many foods are triggers for me too.
I feel you so much. The worst type of addiction is when you're addicted to something you need to survive. I can confidently say my food addiction is worse than my cigarette addiction. And I literally have a LIST of triggering foods that make me binge, on the top I got chocolate, pastries or literally anything with cheese. Also I am so happy for you, even the littlest changes are very good. I hope u can recovery safely from this horrible addiction and build a healthy relationship with food.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I feel you so much. The worst type of addiction is when you're addicted to something you need to survive. I can confidently say my food addiction is worse than my cigarette addiction. And I literally have a LIST of triggering foods that make me binge, on the top I got chocolate, pastries or literally anything with cheese. Also I am so happy for you, even the littlest changes are very good. I hope u can recovery safely from this horrible addiction and build a healthy relationship with food.

Thank you. Yes- I'm grateful that I'm not as bad as I used to be. I know how easy it would be to slide back though- and that frightens me. Honestly- I doubt I'll ever have a good relationship with food. It's always been obsessive one way or the other. Still- you're right- even being slightly better is good.

I actually had trouble with gallstones a few years back and my digestive tract isn't the best now. Probably a good thing in a way- I doubt an old school binge would sit well now.

I really hope you can find a way through also. It's such a horrible thing to have to fight.

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
It's why I don't have any food @ my house, and don't buy any groceries. I know i would binge eat everything in sight. I only go out to eat every evening.

Reactions: murmur
disgustingtrash

disgustingtrash

May 19, 2023
It's why I don't have any food @ my house, and don't buy any groceries. I know i would binge eat everything in sight. I only go out to eat every evening.
I need to learn from you, I literally have a fridge in my bedroom😭

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
yeah, ive never had a good relationship with food or my weight. its one of the reasons i really need to move out of my parents house bc they buy so much crap and i was brought up not to waste food so now its either i eat everything and feel shit or waste food and feel shit and guilty about wasting food. ive gotten better at not binging, i think mostly bc i lost the ability to purge without passing out from exhaustion and the idea of all the food still being inside me is enough to put me off. i do still occasionally eat a bunch of shit during the night when i feel rly bad, i always regret it afterwards. ive definitely gotten better in terms of my obsession with food, it used to be all i would think about 24/7 when my ed was at its peak and it was so upsetting. i think now that im addicted to smoking its helped lessen the food thoughts but i do still get the occasional thought of something i know i will regret eating but itll get stuck in my head and its so frustrating. i just wish i never had to think about food ever again. if i could just take a pill that had all the nutrients i needed for the day, minus the calories and stuff, id take that over food in a heartbeat.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
In the last few months yes, I've been eating more than I should

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I started going back to binge eating too once I stopped SH
it got out of hand to the point where I couldn't figure out my hunger or thirst queues and got sick a few times
I practiced / tried eating once a day for about 10 days + liquids like tea and water which did get me back into eating normally and only eating when I'm really hungry rather than eating emotionally but now I'm back in the cycle of binging due to some bad events + stress but some days are alright

but it's really hard at times not to binge

unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
No
A. I hate eating

B I don't have any money to get food I don' want anyways.

insaneinthemembrane

insaneinthemembrane

Sep 12, 2022
Hey, hope you find this reply well I am rlly sorry you're experiencing this because I'm currently experiencing it slowly as well. I find myself eating because there's nothing else that makes me feel anything. The moment I get home, I eat and eat while I watch something on YouTube to simulate someone basically since I've lost everyone. It's like almost out of boredom and I'll find it hard to stop myself. IDK if this makes sense, but it's almost like I eat to distract or cope. I know what you mean by the sitting, feeling bloated and disgusting. I hate it, because it's hard to stop even when you're bloating. It's a struggle but I've started to try occupying myself with debloating stretches and opting for a water bottle whenever I get the urge to consume something. It's hard. Gosh, I don't wish it on anyone. It ruins your relationship with food.

disgustingtrash

disgustingtrash

May 19, 2023
Hey, hope you find this reply well I am rlly sorry you're experiencing this because I'm currently experiencing it slowly as well. I find myself eating because there's nothing else that makes me feel anything. The moment I get home, I eat and eat while I watch something on YouTube to simulate someone basically since I've lost everyone. It's like almost out of boredom and I'll find it hard to stop myself. IDK if this makes sense, but it's almost like I eat to distract or cope. I know what you mean by the sitting, feeling bloated and disgusting. I hate it, because it's hard to stop even when you're bloating. It's a struggle but I've started to try occupying myself with debloating stretches and opting for a water bottle whenever I get the urge to consume something. It's hard. Gosh, I don't wish it on anyone. It ruins your relationship with food.
you explained it perfectly. I hide away in my room the second I get home from school and binge. And if I try to distract myself from binge urges I bite my nails and chew on my fingers. It's like I'm living in constant stress and anxiety, even when I'm alone in my bedroom. The binge urges are even worse if I haven't had a cigarette all day. I really appreciate your kind words and I'm incredibly sorry that you're also experiencing this. At least we know we're not alone in this. I wish us both to recover from the emotional eating.

Cajuncatastrophe

Cajuncatastrophe

Mar 28, 2023
Food, alcohol, drugs… so many vices. But food can be so insidious! Especially when current media is so ready to push the "treat yourself" agenda. I understand all too well, and am sending all the comfort I can.

Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
No, if anything, I'm the opposite and don't want to eat at all. I was one of those anorexics who was so full of energy and got almost straight A's in high school.

I'm the healthiest and fittest I've ever been, and my energy is subpar. Not nearly the same as when I was restricting food with prolonged fasts.

Toy

Toy

Let me out.
Mar 12, 2023
Depends on the day for me, some days I eat way more than i'm supposed to and other days I don't eat for the entire day.

Ontwon

Ontwon

Searching for wholeness
May 4, 2023
Yeah I feel so addicted to sugar, processed foods, and over eating in general. Only makes life harder for me in the end :/

Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
Yes. Junk almost everyday. 250+ pounds

• Wow
Reactions: Rocinante