• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

justagirl

Mar 14, 2021
I have an amazing therapist. I love her, no issues with her whatsoever. I trust her. She makes me laugh and has been incredibly supportive through my marriage struggles and exploring my childhood (and more recent) trauma.

She knows my depression, anxiety, and PTSD have all worsened lately. So I cancelled one appointment, and then emailed her a couple days later to cancel the following week. She was very concerned and said that was not like me and asked if I was okay and if she and I were okay. I told her she is great and nothing could change my view of her about that. But I think I just need to quit therapy. And she kind of freaked out and asked for at least a wrap-up session with me. So I agreed. She knows about my SI and some of my other poor coping mechanisms. Her initial comment when she logged on (video session) was to gently ask how I was, rather than her usual "Hey justagirl!! What's up??" And when I replied "good, how're you?" she just teared up and said she was very worried about me. And that she was happy to see me there, but that she could see I'm not okay. Throughout that session, she cried as much as me. I told her that my death wouldn't be on her. Which is why I was terminating our therapeutic relationship. To protect her. And that there is nothing she could say or do to fix me. And it isn't her fault. And she cried even harder and said that she appreciates that I was looking out for her, but that she would have a very very hard time accepting my death. And she asked that if I do end up doing something, to reach out to her and let her know beforehand so she can talk to me, or at least so she doesn't find out via the news.

We have bonded a ton. We have a lot of very (almost eerily) similar life experiences, including graduating from the same high school halfway across the country after moving to that town during our freshman year of high school (she graduated years before me, so we never lived in the same town at the same time). We have tons of inside jokes. We have both admitted that our relationship blurs the lines of ethics because we really hit it off as friends.

How do I help her come to terms with the fact that I cannot be fixed? She knows that for me CTB is a matter of time, whether it's next week or in fifty years, but that I will CTB eventually. I think my recent complete breakdown that she actually witnessed has made it more real, though.

I am very lucky and thankful that she is not the kind of therapist who will report me to police or send me to the psych hospital, because she does not want to alienate me or further harm my view of therapists. I respect and appreciate that, but I don't want to leave her burdened when I do go.

My spouse has agreed that she will reach out to my therapist herself and gently break the news "if" it happens (my spouse is very much against the idea, despite her knowing for over 10 years that it was a matter of time before I CTB, and being reminded throughout our relationship). I just want to leave as little of an impact as possible. How can I best distance myself from my therapist given the relationship we have built?

• Hugs
Reactions: sorella santini, throwaway2goawy and LittleBabyNothing
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
i would be interested to know too. Had simliar session with my therapist today. She seems to be the only rope i can't cut.

B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
I just had a session with my therapist this afternoon too. I speak with her openly about my suicidal thoughts, but I can't go so far as to say that I actually have a plan. Then, she would have no choice but to section me. The thing is that I do have the beginnings of a plan, but I'm torn over whether to stay or go because my mother is still alive and it would destroy her. As for your question, OP, it's a tough call. You said it yourself that your relationship w your therapist blurs the lines of professional ethics. I think your instincts were right to end therapy, particularly if you truly think that your time is near and you're absolutely sure that you want to go.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
J

justagirl

Mar 14, 2021
i would be interested to know too. Had simliar session with my therapist today. She seems to be the only rope i can't cut.
It's hard. Like, it's nice to be cared about, but it makes it so much more complicated.
I just had a session with my therapist this afternoon too. I speak with her openly about my suicidal thoughts, but I can't go so far as to say that I actually have a plan. Then, she would have no choice but to section me. The thing is that I do have the beginnings of a plan, but I'm torn over whether to stay or go because my mother is still alive and it would destroy her. As for your question, OP, it's a tough call. You said it yourself that your relationship w your therapist blurs the lines of professional ethics. I think your instincts were right to end therapy, particularly if you truly think that your time is near and you're absolutely sure that you want to go.
My therapist doesn't believe in hospitalizing me, or so she says, BUT I am not about to tell her I do have a firm plan. She knows I'm working on one. She knows its near. But if I say it, I fear the same as you, that I will be locked up. I very much want to go, but guilt is holding me back. Guilt for my wife who says she wants and needs me, when I know I'm a major burden. Guilt for my disabled mom who will have no one to help her. Guilt for my damn cat who cries if I so much as close the bathroom door without him being inside with me. My time is near. But maybe that session pushed it back. Maybe my guilt is pushing it back. When the time gets closer, how do I cut those ties? How do I do so without making her worry? Do I spend a few weeks really playing up my "things are great" acting skills, then choose to terminate? Seeing her cry that much broke my heart. I don't want to hurt her because she has been so supportive and kind and loving towards me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
J

justagirl

Mar 14, 2021
I have started implementing my "things are really looking up" act, and therapist seems to be buying it. I'm surprised since she usually seems to call me out so easily. I'm not playing 100% and am still throwing in some depressing thoughts so she hopefully doesn't realize it's an act. Told her about a couple job prospects I applied to and am "excited" about. Also learned my health insurance may not be covering my sessions at 100% anymore after a few more months. Maybe I need to start pulling away in the next month or two and then plan to CTB in a few months... I so badly want to now, but I have so much guilt about my therapist and wife and mom blaming themselves when there's nothing they could have done. I've wanted to die for over a decade, what's a few more weeks to a couple months longer, right? At least I have my SN handy if I need it before I finalize my plan and disappearance.

• Hugs