• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

crowbait

crowbait

they/them
Oct 4, 2022
Trying to figure out how to dispose of the rest of my SN after death, or dispose of it all in the miraculous event that I decide I want to live. I do not want to dispose of it anywhere in my house or trash can outside, because my roommate's cats like to go outdoors and we have raccoons who like to rummage in our trash, I'd be so worried about them getting into it. I know I could bury it and the chances are miniscule but it's enough to make me anxious. I live right by a body of water but people swim in it a lot. I also have access to the ocean, where most people don't swim until the summer. Is there anywhere I can take it where they'll know how to handle it properly? I live in Canada.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
flush the sn down the toilet

Reactions: tchaik18401893
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Put it in a sealed jar with a childproof top, tape it shut, put it in a paper bag and throw it away. SN causes the same oxygen issues in wildlife and water as it does in humans. Let it go to a landfill where it can't harm anything but trash.

Reactions: Skathon, Sparr0w, meatclown and 1 other person
sheepgirl

sheepgirl

-
Aug 11, 2018
If I were to dispose of my SN id hand it to my psychiatrist who could medically dispose of it in the hospital safely

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
If I were to dispose of my SN id hand it to my psychiatrist who could medically dispose of it in the hospital safely
They would probably still admit you if you pulled that one.
And the incident would likely be added to your files/record.

Reactions: crowbait and Skathon
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Flush it. That small amount of SN mixed with millions of gallons of wastewater is negligible.

Reactions: lionetta12
sheepgirl

sheepgirl

-
Aug 11, 2018
They would probably still admit you if you pulled that one.
And the incident would likely be added to your files/record
For some people yes, for me handing something in wouldn't necessarily cause admission - if I told them I had plans to take SN or failed an attempt they'd admit. My psych/therapist is great, I can talk to her very in depth about my suicidal thoughts/plans. my mh involvement is probably different than most people on this site in though.

• Informative
Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
For some people yes, for me handing something in wouldn't necessarily cause admission - if I told them I had plans to take SN or failed an attempt they'd admit. My psych/therapist is great, I can talk to her very in depth about my suicidal thoughts/plans. my mh involvement is probably different than most people on this site in though.
Wow really? And she agrees not to have you hospitalized for your plans?
That's pretty decent of her if so.
And likely helpful for you (a relief I'm guessing?)
I think I've only stumbled upon a handful of people over the years who claim this is the case.
I'm curious if your location has something to do with it because that's unheard of in most places.

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Wow really? And she agrees not to have you hospitalized for your plans?
That's pretty decent of her if so.
And likely helpful for you (a relief I'm guessing?)
I think I've only stumbled upon a handful of people over the years who claim this is the case.
I'm curious if your location has something to do with it because that's unheard of in most places.
Similar situation with my therapist. In fact, the only open and honest discussions about suicide I've had in decades have been with her. She had a "traditional" Western psychology education but shifted over time towards more human-focused approaches, which I guess explains why we can have these conversations at all.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Similar situation with my therapist. In fact, the only open and honest discussions about suicide I've had in decades have been with her. She had a "traditional" Western psychology education but shifted over time towards more human-focused approaches, which I guess explains why we can have these conversations at all.
Glad to hear it, wish more of them would think for themselves and approach things differently, but I wonder where "mandated reporting" type requirements come in unless they use a different title that gets them out from under the usual psych supervision hierarchy/guidelines.
Most I've seen are too afraid to rock the boat and lose their jobs.
But 'therapist' is a lot broader than 'Psychologist' and 'Psychiatrist' to begin with I suppose.

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Glad to hear it, wish more of them would think for themselves and approach things differently, but I wonder where "mandated reporting" type requirements come in unless they use a different title that gets them out from under the usual psych supervision hierarchy/guidelines.
Most I've seen are too afraid to rock the boat and lose their jobs.
But 'therapist' is a lot broader than 'Psychologist' and 'Psychiatrist' to begin with I suppose.
I'm not in the US. Not sure what the rules are here or if "mandated reporting" is even a thing, but I assume it exists at least if you're working at a clinic or hospital. I know people who have been sectioned involuntarily for attempted overdoses and similar, so that can happen. In my particular case, my therapist is an actual licensed clinical psychologist, but she has a private practice so we don't have to deal with insurance companies, hospitals, or any other bureaucratic nonsense.

Hmm... Now I'm curious. Guess I need to do some research on what requirements, if any, apply here.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I'm not in the US. Not sure what the rules are here or if "mandated reporting" is even a thing, but I assume it exists at least if you're working at a clinic or hospital. I know people who have been sectioned involuntarily for attempted overdoses and similar, so that can happen. In my particular case, my therapist is an actual licensed clinical psychologist, but she has a private practice so we don't have to deal with insurance companies, hospitals, or any other bureaucratic nonsense.

Hmm... Now I'm curious. Guess I need to do some research on what requirements, if any, apply here.
Yea I know there's a more accurate term but it's slipping my mind.
I'm actually more surprised that she can still allow her patients such leeway with the title of clinical psychologist, but again, may be a case of location or some other factor I'm missing.
There is usually a huge fear of losing one's license when patients kill themselves and then it turns out they disclosed their plans to the therapist or similar.
Especially if it's on record, but maybe some leave it off record..

I am very over and done with that sphere of "help" as it caused me grave harm and was otherwise pointless in my situation, it was pretty much always a forced avenue for me and I've been distant from it for so long that I may be less informed about the inner-workings of the overall psych machine.

Reactions: Skathon
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
After death- I imagine the authorities will deal with it. I hope they do it responsibly. It's an oxidiser and dangerous to aquatic life. They must have contacts who get rid of chemicals safely- or, perhaps they keep it for evidence. There likely are local services to you that dispose of hazardous waste- although they are usually quite costly.

I've seen people here just flush it down the sink or loo. I suppose it just gets mixed in with enormous amounts of water in the end. I don't know really. Still- bleach is toxic to aquatic life and we put that down the loo. I guess they treat sewage water for chemicals before releasing it back into the environment (hopefully.)

Reactions: Skathon
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
Send it to me/us, do a good deed.
We (another member from my country and I) can't get access to it, and it was one of my (actually, THE) wishes for this year.
Some of us have to settle for a lot scarier methods, while other people, actually most of them, have a lot more SN than they will ever need and problems of how to get rid of it.

50g is optimal for one person (2 glasses of 25g)... so go figure.

releasespieces

releasespieces

Poles are shifting, death is looming
Jun 26, 2022
Took mine to hazardous waste disposal place near me. It's the most responsible thing you could do. Cost me like 3 bucks.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
Same here. I feel so lucky. My therapist wouldn't admit me unless absolutely necessary. If I got rid of the means, that means I have some hope and want to try to get better.

To answer the thread question, I tossed the closed jar inside its box in a dumpster, in the cold.

Reactions: crowbait