Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
We are very selfish animals, nature created us extremely selfish (just like the rest of the animals). It is truly a disgusting thing. We are full of all these needs and desires, we only care about what affects us.

I feel disgusted with myself just as much as with other people. I'm not different from them. A stupid, ignorant, selfish animal. We have a primitive beast inside of us, we can only hide it so much.

Like the Joker pointed out in Nolan's movie, people are only as civilized as the world allows them to be. I think that the Joker was right in many ways in that movie. When things get desperate, people will show their true colors. They will show their fangs and claws. We really are disgusting creatures.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, GoingMyOwnWay, loopdaloop and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think the human species was just a horrific mistake in the first place, it disgusts me how humans have created endless amounts of suffering and harm all throughout history.

• Hugs
Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, Rogue Proxy, myusername890 and 3 others
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
When things get desperate, people will show their true colors.
Definitely. When the relative peace is disturbed, the survival instinct kicks in and anything goes. At the core we can't even trust ourselves, easily corrupted flesh monsters.

Reactions: Trannydiary, loopdaloop, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
No I don't believe that. My mother is the polar opposite of what you say. She's sacrificed so much to keep our family afloat and suffers from a ton of health problems because of it. There isn't a selfish bone in her body and I believe that there are enough people like her out there even if they are in the minority

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
sacrificed so much to keep our family afloat
That's part of selfishness, it's an extension of herself.

If you managed to keep this opinion about humans it means you were lucky enough in life, like not living through extreme famine where your neighbour would be eyeing to eat you. I don't need this to happen to me to understand this about humans.

Reactions: Trannydiary and Daxter_87
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
No I don't believe that. My mother is the polar opposite of what you say. She's sacrificed so much to keep our family afloat and suffers from a ton of health problems because of it. There isn't a selfish bone in her body and I believe that there are enough people like her out there even if they are in the minority
I can say exactly this about my own mom. She has passed away now, but she was, hands down, the kindest and most genuine person I have ever met. There wasn't a mean bone anywhere in her body. She had lived through so much, including the bombings of WWII in Germany, finding herself homeless with my older (estranged) sister, and even being attacked in her own home by an intruder. That last one really had an affect on her, no doubt, but with time was able to heal to some degree and create a new normal for herself. Even going through that she still shone kindness to others always. She was one of those people who didn't just talk the talk, but really walked the walk. On an aside, she was an atheist. So, it just goes to show you that you needn't believe in a god in order to be a good human being, or get your beliefs out of a "book". How one turns out has much more to do with how you're raised and the values instilled in you.

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Are you for real? Selflessness is somehow selfish??
That's not selflessness. Children are your genes, your values, beliefs. The most selfish thing is to actually create them in the first place.

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
Are you for real? Selflessness is somehow selfish??
I do not wish to hurt your feelings and I do not wish to disrespect your mother, but I believe that having children is inherently selfish; the most selfish thing one can do, in fact.