Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
This anime is a secret gem.
25 episodes, absolutely depressing but amusing at the same time.

Its about a dude who shuts himself away from society for many years (hikikomori)

If you don't want to watch the whole thing that just watch episode 12-14 (talking about group suicide).

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, Dartz and 1 other person
Sinbad

Sinbad

Nov 27, 2018

all episodes are available on youtube. This one above is episode 12.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Going Home and lv-gras
satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
posting in this thread...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
I really hate that anime sorry

Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill

Nov 19, 2018
Yup, hated it only because the protagonist was basically me on a fundamental level. I was working and had aspirations at the time, but it just felt like my own personal entropy was destined to end up like him some day.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Yeah, I love that show tbh. Even though it depresses the fuck out of me. The chirpy opening reminds me of the person I was supposed to watch the show with. I ended up binge watching it alone after I lost a friend at a really low point. A lot of ppl here who have lived as shut ins who played video games and were very lonely will probably be able to relate to it a lot, but it's relatable while also you can clearly see the guy is an idiot, so understandable why some people struggle to watch or enjoy it.

I suspect the author basically wrote his life story with a bit of embellishment because he admitted to also being a shut in, living for years as a leech off the royalties off his manga, only very recently I think did he actually change anything and I'm not really sure how he's doing now.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dartz, lv-gras and 1 other person
Sinbad

Sinbad

Nov 27, 2018
Yeah, I love that show tbh. Even though it depresses the fuck out of me. The chirpy opening reminds me of the person I was supposed to watch the show with. I ended up binge watching it alone after I lost a friend at a really low point. A lot of ppl here who have lived as shut ins who played video games and were very lonely will probably be able to relate to it a lot, but it's relatable while also you can clearly see the guy is an idiot, so understandable why some people struggle to watch or enjoy it.

I suspect the author basically wrote his life story with a bit of embellishment because he admitted to also being a shut in, living for years as a leech off the royalties off his manga, only very recently I think did he actually change anything and I'm not really sure how he's doing now.
My favourite show, way too accurate to my life

Hahaha I am glad I am not the only one appreciating the theme of this story.

Thanks Weedoge, I enjoyed reading your long reply. And you are right, he is ridiculously dim-witted. Like most main characters in animes, at least the ones I watched.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Going Home, Dartz and 2 others
L

Louise

Apr 28, 2018
It's the only anime I've ever watched! I loved it. I didn't find it depressing at all, but my tastes are very dark...

Reactions: Sinbad and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

Sisterfister

Dec 3, 2018
This anime is a secret gem.
25 episodes, absolutely depressing but amusing at the same time.

Its about a dude who shuts himself away from society for many years (hikikomori)

If you don't want to watch the whole thing that just watch episode 12-14 (talking about group suicide).
Best anime ever I watch it when I depressed

Reactions: Sinbad