• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
😭 ibs sucks. Probably going to need surgery

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere, Alexei_Kirillov, divinemistress36 and 8 others
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
I have IBS too. I hate it, have had stomach pains all my life, no matter the diet. Being diagnosed with a rectal prolapse seems pretty scary and uncomfortable, hopefully the treatments aren't too uncomfortable or invasive.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, Suicidebydeath and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I have IBS too. I hate it, have had stomach pains all my life, no matter the diet. Being diagnosed with a rectal prolapse seems pretty scary and uncomfortable, hopefully the treatments aren't too uncomfortable or invasive.
Do you strain when you go to the bathroom? I went to urgent care. Doctor said go to ER if it gets worse. Ive been straining all my life. How else does one finish?

And am dealing with a chronic sinus infection for months and antibiotics have done fuck all.

Last edited:
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
A few notes for good gut health:
  • Be hydrated. The more water you put into your body to a point, the more it has to work with, which means your stool will be softer and will be able to move through you more easily. You know you're hydrated if, when you pee, it's light yellow, like the color of lemonade.
  • Get insoluble dietary fiber. This fiber acts kind of like a squeegee and pushes things through your bowels. Some sources are whole-wheat flour, wheat bran, nuts, beans and vegetables, such as cauliflower, green beans and potatoes, are good sources of insoluble fiber. You don't have to eat a ton of that stuff either. I usually get a salad mix of romaine, spinach, and cabbage and just a good size handful with some vinaigrette or oil-based dressing makes a huge difference for me. Eating one of these small salads every day has made a huge difference in my gut health and regularity.
  • Position. Squatting really is the way to go. Most modern toilets make us sit in a position that actually is not optimal for going to the bathroom. If you can, try to elevate your feet so you're more in a squat position. If you can't do that, put your elbows on your knees and lean forward a little bit and this will help things come out.

• Love
Reactions: ImTelling, rozeske, Ambivalent1 and 3 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
In addition to this ^ I would add some exercise (walking at the very least) as well as some Miralax/Metamucil if need be. Or a stool softener. You really should make it your goal to have softer poops. I've been through the wringer with this stuff myself and it was hell on earth until I altered my lifestyle.

• Love
Reactions: innominesatanas44, Forveleth and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
In addition to this ^ I would add some exercise (walking at the very least) as well as some Miralax/Metamucil if need be. Or a stool softener. You really should make it your goal to have softer poops. I've been through the wringer with this stuff myself and it was hell on earth until I altered my lifestyle.
Through the wringer such as a similar problem?
A few notes for good gut health:
  • Be hydrated. The more water you put into your body to a point, the more it has to work with, which means your stool will be softer and will be able to move through you more easily. You know you're hydrated if, when you pee, it's light yellow, like the color of lemonade.
  • Get insoluble dietary fiber. This fiber acts kind of like a squeegee and pushes things through your bowels. Some sources are whole-wheat flour, wheat bran, nuts, beans and vegetables, such as cauliflower, green beans and potatoes, are good sources of insoluble fiber. You don't have to eat a ton of that stuff either. I usually get a salad mix of romaine, spinach, and cabbage and just a good size handful with some vinaigrette or oil-based dressing makes a huge difference for me. Eating one of these small salads every day has made a huge difference in my gut health and regularity.
  • Position. Squatting really is the way to go. Most modern toilets make us sit in a position that actually is not optimal for going to the bathroom. If you can, try to elevate your feet so you're more in a squat position. If you can't do that, put your elbows on your knees and lean forward a little bit and this will help things come out.
I've had urinary problems due to PTSD and now have urinary retention and am at risk for utis. I get them from time to time now. Sucks. My urine is either dark or really light. I have to sleep ya know so it can't be light all the time lol

Reactions: DefinitelyReady and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Through the wringer such as a similar problem?

I've had urinary problems due to PTSD and now have urinary retention and am at risk for utis. I get them from time to time now. Sucks. My urine is either dark or really light. I have to sleep ya know so it can't be light all the time lol

Yeah, I never prolapsed but I've had impactions. That's an ER visit nobody wants. After the second time, I was determined to never experience it again.

• Aww..
Reactions: Forveleth and Ambivalent1
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Do you strain when you go to the bathroom? I went to urgent care. Doctor said go to ER if it gets worse. Ive been straining all my life. How else does one finish?

And am dealing with a chronic sinus infection for months and antibiotics have done fuck all.
I was diagnosed with ibs and got hooked on laxatives. During the weaning off process I used milk and molasses enemas. I also learned how to do the Asian squat and sometimes would do it with my back against the wall so I could really relax into the position. I never sat like that regularly, only to get my bowels moving so it became linked with going to the bathroom. Also, strong coffee and plenty of water and exercise.

Reactions: Forveleth and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I was diagnosed with ibs and got hooked on laxatives. During the weaning off process I used milk and molasses enemas. I also learned how to do the Asian squat and sometimes would do it with my back against the wall so I could really relax into the position. I never sat like that regularly, only to get my bowels moving so it became linked with going to the bathroom. Also, strong coffee and plenty of water and exercise.
I think it's actually a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
Sorry to hear that you had a rectal prolapse, but does the prolapse look like a pink sock? I heard a couple of my friends who work in healthcare use that term and now I'm morbidly curious.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Sorry to hear that you had a rectal prolapse, but does the prolapse look like a pink sock? I heard a couple of my friends who work in healthcare use that term and now I'm morbidly curious.
Looks like a pink worm 🪱

fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I'm so sorry, that sounds painful 😭 I hope it can be taken care of quickly

• Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024

Sounds like my mom. Are you anemic or have poor nutrition or not enough food period? Definitely a lack of soluble fiber. Probiotics?

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Sounds like my mom. Are you anemic or have poor nutrition or not enough food period? Definitely a lack of soluble fiber. Probiotics?
It was a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid. I don't eat much because of a chronic acid reflux cough. I eat enough fiber usually but I'm sedentary. I use probiotics.

• Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024

And am dealing with a chronic sinus infection for months and antibiotics have done

Sounds like my mom. Are you anemic or have poor nutrition or not enough food period? Definitely a lack of soluble fiber. Probiotics
It was a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid. I don't eat much because of a chronic acid reflux cough. I eat enough fiber usually but I'm sedentary. I use probiotics.
Hey does your acid reflux cough produce anything, or a "wet" cough?

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Sounds like my mom. Are you anemic or have poor nutrition or not enough food period? Definitely a lack of soluble fiber. Probiotics

Hey does your acid reflux cough produce anything, or a "wet" cough?
Yes a wet cough. It's torture and pills don't work.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
Yes a wet cough. It's torture and pills don't work.
Ugh me too. I was taking a cheap bottle of robotabs with guaifenesin and that took the edge off. Might get that again. Im due for an endoscopy but kept canceling. I know I live in the woods, and around mold but I still don't think that's it. What about you? I literally spit all day long. It's disgusting.

• Wow
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Ugh me too. I was taking a cheap bottle of robotabs with guaifenesin and that took the edge off. Might get that again. Im due for an endoscopy but kept canceling. I know I live in the woods, and around mold but I still don't think that's it. What about you? I literally spit all day long. It's disgusting.
A twin 🔥 lol
How did it start for you? I had pneumonia or something like it and coughed up green mucus for a week but then the cough never went away. Only the color changed. I had acid reflux already but not the cough.

Only things that help me are avoiding food that breaks down into tiny fragments like sandwich bread or pasta or is sticky and takes long to go down the esophagus, brushing and scraping my tongue, avoiding food and drink.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
A twin 🔥 lol
How did it start for you? I had pneumonia or something like it and coughed up green mucus for a week but then the cough never went away. Only the color changed. I had acid reflux already but not the cough.

Only things that help me are avoiding food that breaks down into tiny fragments like sandwich bread or pasta or is sticky and takes long to go down the esophagus, brushing and scraping my tongue, avoiding food and drink.
Well back in the day the spit up was just foam... even from just water. I dont smoke or anything but my weight was super high and I drank diet pop/soda. Then lost quite a bit of weight and it stayed off. Still had the foam. Then it became this like, ultimate sticky spit, like phlegm I guess. Then it was definitely phlegm and sticky spit. Just all the time. My diet isn't great of several factors, but even when it was, no change. Then I regurgitated food all the time as liquid. Gross. Had gallstones. They took my gallbladder out. Wouldve had a endoscopy but I had too much anxiety and kept canceling. Gallbladder being out only relieved like 70% of the regurgitation. Mine is opposite of yours: like if I eat liquid foods like yogurt or cereal, or even just chips that can liquidate in your stomach quickly, it comes back up. But like a sandwhich, pasta, starch type stuff that is thick and takes longer to digest, it will stay down. Feels like behind my breast bone my espophagus is pinched or else doesn't close and food can come up. But that doesn't explain the chronic cough of just spit... literally hundreds of times a day, no exaggeration. And Im sure that contributed to your rectal issues, because every hard cough puts pressure on your rear so it can cause tears, hemorrhoids, and whatever else. It's not taken seriously. They blew me off for years. I think stress and my environment are big contributors. Seems like it's less intense if I'm calmer from taking a drug so it calms the nervous system and my digestive system, but the cough never goes away. This sound familiar? Also, I have boobs that have been up and down in weight I literally wear a tight sprots bra 24/7 so that doesn't anything; and dr's couldn't give a shit less. I have a feeling you have the opposite weight problem but I could be wrong. But poor eating habits, too little or too much can fuck with your esophagus either way and it's just bad either way. :((

Last edited:
ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
Holy moly, that's not good. I've got IBS as well and that is legit my nightmare. My heart goes out to you. ;0;

I think having smaller but more frequent meals could help people in our condition but I never do that, I just eat one big meal a day so no wonder I'm all fucked up.