• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Amz_Falls

Student
Aug 23, 2019
If your suicide would destroy the life of a loved one would that prevent you from doing it?
Only asking because my partner has said to me that if I had succeeded in what I'd done he would of been a broken and lonely as fuck man for the rest of his life.
I know he truly meant it rather than as a guilt trip too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
If your suicide would destroy the life of a loved one would that prevent you from doing it?
Only asking because my partner has said to me that if I had succeeded in what I'd done he would of been a broken and lonely as fuck man for the rest of his life.
Yes I'm the same, it would destroy my partner life and no doubt if the dogs were not here he'd join me which really is sad as he loves his life but hates his job as a teacher.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
For what it is worth, it is an impossible question to put in my case. In such a strong mate-bond where they will be broken for losing me (assuming I feel the same for them), I would not want to die. Why should I? Unless we lack shelter or food, or live in a community we don't belong. But those things would be solvable together. The only exceptional case I can think of is having ALS, etc., but then I would be dying anyway, give or take a few months so they would be broken whatever I did.

Though I have sympathy, I don't truly understand what it is like not wanting to live despite having those things.

Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
My ex fiancé demanded I keep taking dangerous meds and then I nearly died. A year and a half later after sleeping only two hours a night I made a plan to die, my fiancé broke up with me the next day. I am not kidding
Peace/hugs

Reactions: Egddios, Wolfjob_dayjob, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
My family is what's preventing me from ending it

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lethe, Wolfjob_dayjob and Rachel74
E

Elias

Experienced
Mar 19, 2019
No it would not stop me. I have enough faith in normal human beings resiliance to imagine people will quickly move on. I also feel like if I stop myself from finding eternal peace just for someone else, this will put too much pressure on both myself and them. Should someone be destroyed by my sudden departure, their life would have already been on the edge and I can't be held accountable for the last push that will leave them in shambles. Though I do think about the pain most of my loved ones will feel at that moment, and I'm not naive enough to think that my decision will not have any effect around me. But it has to be done, I have already made up my mind and the perspective of spending many more years roaming this earth is absolutely not an option.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Flitzbit, Stan and 1 other person
A

Amz_Falls

Student
Aug 23, 2019
I'm sorry you are all facing the same thing.
I have everything in life - we very much love each other, both have good jobs and own our own home yet I still want to CTB. I'm in so much mental pain and now physical pain from my last attempt. I feel at some point I'm going to end up CTBing so why delay it. Is it possible to live your life for someone else?

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I have everything in life - we very much love each other, both have good jobs and own our own home yet I still want to CTB. I'm in so much mental pain and now physical pain from my last attempt. I feel at some point I'm going to end up CTBing so why delay it. Is it possible to live your life for someone else?

Of course not, but maybe it is possible to come to a place where you can be content in yourself. I don't mean heal in the sense of psychology, fuck them. Just sort of see yourself clear and accept it, not because you fit the script, but because you just are. Though with your physical injuries, I am in no place to even pretend to understand your pain. Wish the best for you, whatever comes next.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Amz_Falls
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Is dying of natural causes any more or less devastating than dying by your own hand to those that are left behind? That is a debate I am having with myself right now. I have seen first hand how the other grandma dying last year affected our little one. Can I do that to her again by taking my own life?

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
GreyMonkey

GreyMonkey

Heartbroken
Aug 20, 2019

What has you in so much pain?

For me... I know that it would destroy my mum. That's a big reason to hesitate, although it's getting smaller.

I don't really want to die, I'm just in so much pain and it's been going on too damn long and I'm empty. I want what you have - a job, a home and a partner. Yet all of them feel so damn fucking impossible now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Astral316
A

Amz_Falls

Student
Aug 23, 2019
Is dying of natural causes any more or less devastating than dying by your own hand to those that are left behind? That is a debate I am having with myself right now. I have seen first hand how the other grandma dying last year affected our little one. Can I do that to her again by taking my own life?
I believe it is less devastating. People believe suicide is a choice so they have chosen to cause that pain - in reality it's much more complicated than that but that is the majority of society's belief. That's just my opinion though.
What has you in so much pain?

For me... I know that it would destroy my mum. That's a big reason to hesitate, although it's getting smaller.

I don't really want to die, I'm just in so much pain and it's been going on too damn long and I'm empty. I want what you have - a job, a home and a partner. Yet all of them feel so damn fucking impossible now.

I don't really know. I just truly hate myself. I'm 23 and have worked hard to be where I am in the hopes it would change things but it doesn't. I understand what it means to feel empty. I feel suicide is my fate.
The day before I jumped a colleague said to me 'I'm so jealous of your life'. They had no idea what I was going to do the next day.
You need to hold onto wanting those things because they could truly make you happy. I just wish that was the case for me.
I need to end this pain and torment that's in my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexithymia and Wolfjob_dayjob
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
To a child, both are probably as devastating as each other. Its only through years of social conditioning and education that they start to think otherwise and differentiate between the two. But there are 2 certainties, death and taxes, so why we grow up to think of death, in any shape or form as a bad thing, is really beyond me. But opinions on the issue are always going to differ for whatever reasons people care to find.

Reactions: Amz_Falls and Wolfjob_dayjob
GreyMonkey

GreyMonkey

Heartbroken
Aug 20, 2019
I don't really know. I just truly hate myself. I'm 23 and have worked hard to be where I am in the hopes it would change things but it doesn't. I understand what it means to feel empty. I feel suicide is my fate.
The day before I jumped a colleague said to me 'I'm so jealous of your life'. They had no idea what I was going to do the next day.
You need to hold onto wanting those things because they could truly make you happy. I just wish that was the case for me.
I need to end this pain and torment that's in my head.

I hear you. I know what that feels like. I'm sure many of us on here do. I'm sure that's why many on here are here because that self-hate and the shame core that generates it is just too strong.

The thing to know, however, is that it's not truly you. None of us truly hate ourselves, we just experienced environmental failures growing up. Whether it was parents or teachers or other kids... somehow we were led to believe that we aren't good enough and that fucked is up.

I do believe that these feelings can be changed over time with the right support, yet it's far far far from easy.

I don't yet have subjective experience to back that statement up though. I'm still in a world of significant internal distress and it doesn't appear to be letting up anytime soon. So I totally get you and am amazed by your courage to do what you did and saddened by how that has left you now.

• Love
Reactions: Wayfaerer and Temporarilyabsurd
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
No it would not prevent me as my life is destroyed too. I am no benefit to myself or others.
Also, people say that, but actions speak louder than words.
Few may mean it, some may say it but it won't actually hold true once you are gone.
Life always finds a way to move on without us. It's sad but it's how this rotten world works.

• Hugs
Reactions: Elias, SinisterKid and alexithymia
alexithymia

alexithymia

Student
Sep 18, 2019
I think my parents would be destroyed. My dad's brother committed suicide when they were both quite young and it fucked the family up. His mom (my grandmother) has never been quite the same, apparently.

I feel a huge amount of guilt when I think about this. I wish I could've been the happy, normal daughter my parents deserve.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wayfaerer, SinisterKid and LastFlowers
A

Amz_Falls

Student
Aug 23, 2019
I hear you. I know what that feels like. I'm sure many of us on here do. I'm sure that's why many on here are here because that self-hate and the shame core that generates it is just too strong.

The thing to know, however, is that it's not truly you. None of us truly hate ourselves, we just experienced environmental failures growing up. Whether it was parents or teachers or other kids... somehow we were led to believe that we aren't good enough and that fucked is up.

I do believe that these feelings can be changed over time with the right support, yet it's far far far from easy.

I don't yet have subjective experience to back that statement up though. I'm still in a world of significant internal distress and it doesn't appear to be letting up anytime soon. So I totally get you and am amazed by your courage to do what you did and saddened by how that has left you now.
Thank you for such a thoughtful answer. I'm so sorry your in such internal distress too, I wish I could help in some way.

GreyMonkey

GreyMonkey

Heartbroken
Aug 20, 2019
Thank you for such a thoughtful answer. I'm so sorry your in such internal distress too, I wish I could help in some way.

I wish that for me too, and for you and for everybody on here.

I know that none of us chose to feel this way.