wastingtime

wastingtime

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
Aug 21, 2023
Our professors are so fucking mean to us for no reason other than to fill their own ego. i'm a dental student going into my last year now and i'm hearing clinic horror stories about how our teachers are treating us at the clinic. i was never mentally strong enough under their verbal abuse and i feel like their treatment will only push me over the edge. and not that i'll really care after dying but i'm pretty sure none of my teachers nor the school would even take any blame for it even if i were to leave a detailed note(which i am not planning on).

One time i made a small mistake in a lab class and my teacher yelled insults so loud on purpose for everybody to hear. She said things like i clearly have a mental disability or i have issues with my family at home and i shouldnt let my sad personal life affect my classes...

they keep threatening to fail us on purpose and joke about ruining our lives. they laugh because they enjoy being fucking evil for some reason. and theres nobody we can make a complaint to because our dean is literally one of those teachers as well.

i will probably update this in a few weeks after seeing how it actually goes but the glimpse ive gotten from shadowing and hearing what others go through, it's not looking very bright for me. at least i'd finally have a good excuse to stop chickening out of CTB

• Wow
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SexyIncél, Ambivalent1, NumbItAll and 1 other person
Szinuus

Szinuus

I see the bus...I can almost see it
Aug 19, 2022
I was in dental school so I know something about it. I've dropped it because my lack of manual dextersity pissed them off all the time and I've felt just so dumb even if I was good at learning. The beginning of clinics was a horror for me, but its rather because of fear that they inducted on me that Im not good enough. The clinics professour was the best of all of them but I've needed to drop the school because of physical problems. Now I study biology and consider going to med school to become a regular doctor because Im interested in field.

Reactions: wastingtime
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
wtf? is it a dental school in the marines or something?

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Have you considered secretly recording their abusive behaviour?

I'm not telling you to do anything illegal, if that would be illegal? (I've no idea tbh)

I think I would want to help future students, even if I was going to ctb. Just as something positive to do that might change something... even if it's not for your benefit.

Reactions: BornHated, wastingtime and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I'm sorry 😔

I'm not telling you to do anything illegal, if that would be illegal? (I've no idea tbh)

I think I would want to help future students, even if I was going to ctb. Just as something positive to do that might change something... even if it's not for your benefit.
Post it on TikTok..it will be seen

Reactions: wastingtime
wastingtime

wastingtime

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
Aug 21, 2023

that does sound like a good idea. i don't want my death to be seen as their fault when ive been feeling this way since forever but the feeling of hopelessness they impose on students needs to be called out no matter what. thanks for the tip
wtf? is it a dental school in the marines or something?
This is an exact running joke among my peers lmao. we always say we wouldve just joined the millitary if we had known how tough this school would be.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Just part of the usual hazing, nothing personal! The best book on this is "Disciplined Minds". Its subtitle: "A Critical Look at Salaried Professionals and the Soul-battering System That Shapes Their Lives"

Even the mainstream knows it's a problem. Do you want your malnourished doctor working an 80 hour workweek? Who prays that you "would die so that I wouldn't have to stay up for two more hours"?

A Yale professor said, "It's almost part of the medical school culture that a faculty member may try to embarrass you or humiliate you." He was being overly diplomatic — "almost" is an understatement

Reactions: sserafim and wastingtime
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That really is so incredibly cruel what those people are doing, it's just so horrible how other people can very easily make existence even more unbearable.