D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
I plan on sending a delayed email or two after I die. Does anyone know how to do this? I have yahoo mail and apparently that's not a feature of theirs. I will set up an email account with whatever company has this feature.

Reactions: bag.of.cats and Bandzbandz
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
Search boomerang, it might be a google thing. Or timecave.
That works fine apart from when I've sent it to another email of mine it got dumped in the spam folder each time. Shame.

Reactions: Bandzbandz and StarDust
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Search boomerang, it might be a google thing. Or timecave.
That works fine apart from when I've sent it to another email of mine it got dumped in the spam folder each time. Shame.
Boomerrang is the best! and it's free and super easy to use and attaches to your gmail account.

Reactions: bbq1 and Bandzbandz
D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
@StarDust @bbq1 Thanks, I will look into Boomerang! I swear I was born in the wrong time, don't know how to navigate any of these kinds of things. Thanks again!

Reactions: lv-gras, bbq1 and StarDust
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
@StarDust @bbq1 Thanks, I will look into Boomerang! I swear I was born in the wrong time, don't know how to navigate any of these kinds of things. Thanks again!
No worries, hope it helps.

Reactions: lv-gras and Done
G

GoneSeptember2018

Student
Aug 28, 2018
I plan on sending a delayed email or two after I die. Does anyone know how to do this? I have yahoo mail and apparently that's not a feature of theirs. I will set up an email account with whatever company has this feature.
Just a heads up but I hear boomerang can be glitchy from time to time and accidentally send emails early. It happened with one person I know who CTB, they did it through desktop (not phone) and then it was fine. Sonnenblume (another user here) also commented that boomerang glitched on her too and sent one email early. Use at your risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: StarDust, lv-gras and bag.of.cats
D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
Just a heads up but I hear boomerang can be glitchy from time to time and accidentally send emails early. It happened with one person I know who CTB, they did it through desktop (not phone) and then it was fine. Sonnenblume (another user here) also commented that boomerang glitched on her too and sent one email early. Use at your risk.
Uh oh!! Good to know!! Maybe I'll just send an old fashioned letter in the mail the day I die instead lol.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Uh oh!! Good to know!! Maybe I'll just send an old fashioned letter in the mail the day I die instead lol.

Yeah, in the mail would be good. Imagine what happens if Boomerang sends your email too early.

Reactions: lv-gras
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
In the past I've used https://www.futureme.org/ to send stuff to myself. Guess you could just change the email it gets sent to rather than sending to yourself like the site suggests

G

gopher

Aug 19, 2018
using linux you could use something like this, runs in background and won't be killed if you exit the terminal, sends email after 3 days, you could use a live-cd for this, msmtp setup isn't too hard. And you can still kill the process during those 3 days if you fail (or just shutdown the machine):

Code:
nohup bash -c "sleep 3d; cat email.txt | msmtp --account=mymailbox [email protected]" </dev/null &>/dev/null &

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger and lv-gras
D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
using linux you could use something like this, runs in background and won't be killed if you exit the terminal, sends email after 3 days, you could use a live-cd for this, msmtp setup isn't too hard. And you can still kill the process during those 3 days if you fail (or just shutdown the machine):

Code:
nohup bash -c "sleep 3d; cat email.txt | msmtp --account=mymailbox [email protected]" </dev/null &>/dev/null &
Lol this is Chinese to me but I'm sure will be useful to other people here. Thank you! :)