Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
This incredible power that we humans have called free will, that allows us to make decisions, is probably the most incredible thing about us. It's what separates from us from all other animals, and puts us right at the very top of the food chain.

While it is truly incredible, that we can override our animalistic instincts and flex this ability on a very regular and frequent basis, it also gives us the power and ability to royally f*** things up as well.

Personally, I was doing quite well with my decision-making duties in life for for over 50 years, but recently, I've made some really bad ones, which have caused my life to go over a metaphorical cliff. Now I'm starting to wish that we had no decision-making capabilities at all.

Now I'm faced with a new decision to make, just like virtually everyone else on this forum. Whether to keep living this life on Earth and try to recover, or prematurely move on to the next one. I really wish I didn't have to make this decision, I wish it was a subject that I never in a million years would ever have to think about.

I wish I could go back in time, and use the knowledge that I have now to make different decisions, thus avoiding the entire problem.

I think back to when I was young, and life was just great. I think back to all of the key decisions that steered my life in various different directions, and I wonder what my life would have been like if I had made those different key decisions. I can almost guarantee that I would not be in this mess, if I had made even just a few different ones, especially when it comes to my career choices.

Not all of my decisions were bad, (my wife and I have actually done quite well financially), but now my health is so screwed up so that I can't really enjoy any of it. All because of that wonderful free will that we humans possess. I think I'm still in shock, and just can't believe how I've ended up in this situation.

I'm not trying to depress everybody, just warning people to be careful. This powerful ability that we all have must be severely respected. NEVER underestimate how important it is to make good decisions in this life. Everything is riding on it. Our health, happiness, financial prosperity, and family are all depending on it. If we screw this up, we can spend the rest of our life suffering intensely, or in some cases lose it all together. In the end, our very survival and existence, both in this life and the next, are depending on it.

I've made the decision to keep going, for as long as humanly possible. As long as there is even a sliver of a chance for recovery, I'm going to take it. Mainly because when life is good, it is really f****** good. Once you've experienced some of these things, you really won't want to give up on the chance to experience more.

As much as I intensely regret all of the boneheaded decisions I've made in life my life, I'm still addicted to it. I'm completely pissed off with myself for allowing this to happen, and am traumatized in a way that I never thought was even possible. Currently my level of suffering is off the charts, but I'm determined to hang in there and give life more chances to improve. This decision, I'm convinced, is actually a good one.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: JoysoftheEmptiness
JoysoftheEmptiness

JoysoftheEmptiness

Sep 10, 2024
We all make bad decisions, I've made some bad decisions, and then, sad to say, other people in my life have made some very decisions which has affected me badly, and it all adds up to screw me horribly. I'm glad you are not giving up quite yet, I'm trying my absolute best to keep going, its hard work, but keep going, I'm here if you want a friendly chat, although I'm crap at talking šŸ¤”

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle