I

Incandescent

Aug 29, 2023
I'm bipolar and pretty suicidal. When I tell people how I feel I'm constantly told to go to therapy. Which to me just seems like a stupid answer, not because of anything wrong with therapy itself (although I could say some things about that) but because health care is just inaccessible. I make about $2000 a month before taxes, which is basically nothing, but it's too much to qualify for medicaid. To get my own insurance, I would need to pay at least $275 buying insurance on my own, or go through my employer, pay $1000+ deductible, $100 a month, only for them to pay 80% of my medical costs after that.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I can't afford that. I can't even afford to feed myself and pay rent. I'm so fucking sick of people telling me to get help and not offer to pay for it themselves. Like, if you think it's so important for me to be alive, you go right ahead and pay for my health care.

Reactions: Harrow and ThisUnrest
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I'm in the same boat. After taxes, I make about $2000 per month and most of it goes to rent and other living expenses. I can maybe put away a few dozen into savings if I'm lucky, but I've been watching grocery prices get even higher than I ever expected them to so I'm sure that's gonna change. I'd have to pay $50 per week to get insurance through my employer then pay $50 in co-pays for therapy that's $100+ per session. At that point why even bother with insurance? I can't afford either as I've been eating less just so I can keep my head above water. Seems like if you don't have money you're just stuck with nowhere to go and no way to make any progress. I guess we're supposed to go work 80 hours per week so we can get therapy, but then you spend all of your time working and that's just going to make things worse. No free time allowed! No time for relaxation! You always have to be at work if you want your life to get better! What a fucking joke.

If you're poor, you're fucked and expected to stay fucked. I wish there was something that could be done. Are we supposed to just make less money to get Medicaid or spend every waking moment at work and become zombified?

Reactions: Incandescent and ThisUnrest
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
It's BS that they feed you a bunch of lies to "seek help" but then make sure to bankrupt you in the process. If you get involuntarily committed to a hospital they'll charge you for your own imprisonment afterwards too. It's like beating down on someone for the crime of feeling hopeless. They don't care about you they just care about you not ruining the mood for everyone else lmao. Then they reinforce it by telling you it's morally wrong to buy a gun for 1/6 the cost. Fuck the government, fuck the billionaires who own it, and fuck the church. I'd rather burn in hell with my good atheist and Muslim brothers and sisters than deal with these terminally narcissistic and passive aggressive fuckers in heaven.

Reactions: Incandescent