• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

Pompous Cauliflower

Dec 28, 2019
Hey all, I hope you're doing well. Everything has fallen apart for me and I plan on dying by SN or no suspension hanging (if I can't get SN) next year in Feb or May. However, two major obstacles of mine are the fear of what comes after death, and overcoming survival instinct. I've attempted no suspension hanging with a tie and a doorknob twice, but I failed both times due to SI. I'm also afraid that death might not be the end of existence and that I might end up in a situation way worse than what I'm going through now. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you :D

E

Elbarado

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
Hey all, I hope you're doing well. Everything has fallen apart for me and I plan on dying by SN or no suspension hanging (if I can't get SN) next year in Feb or May. However, two major obstacles of mine are the fear of what comes after death, and overcoming survival instinct. I've attempted no suspension hanging with a tie and a doorknob twice, but I failed both times due to SI. I'm also afraid that death might not be the end of existence and that I might end up in a situation way worse than what I'm going through now. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you :D

Well nobody can tell you what comes after death.maybe heaven,maybe your personal heaven,maybe you stay as a ghost to protect your loved ones,maybe hell (but hey its warm there),maybe nothing.
Im not afraid what comes after,im afraid of the moment you feel death is coming and your life is fadinf away.
Also im afraid of sorrow of my mother and loved ones,cause i think my mother wont come over it
Oh well and i know your feeling i strangulated myself yesterday twice,one time with hand,one time with an USB cable and stopped cause of SI as i felt the blackout coming fast ( well with hand i wouldve never succeeded,it was just a run to know how the feeling is)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nemeshisu and Pompous Cauliflower
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I imagine death will be like it was before you were born I.e. nothing, and frankly I find that relieving.

• Love
Reactions: Nemeshisu, sleepy dog, CarefulWithThatAxe and 2 others
P

Pompous Cauliflower

Dec 28, 2019
I imagine death will be like it was before you were born I.e. nothing, and frankly I find that relieving.
That actually sounds great!
Well nobody can tell you what comes after death.maybe heaven,maybe your personal heaven,maybe you stay as a ghost to protect your loved ones,maybe hell (but hey its warm there),maybe nothing.
Im not afraid what comes after,im afraid of the moment you feel death is coming and your life is fadinf away.
Also im afraid of sorrow of my mother and loved ones,cause i think my mother wont come over it
Oh well and i know your feeling i strangulated myself yesterday twice,one time with hand,one time with an USB cable and stopped cause of SI as i felt the blackout coming fast ( well with hand i wouldve never succeeded,it was just a run to know how the feeling is)
I do feel anxious about the dying process but I guess that's just SI kicking in.

ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
You've mentioned two of the major obstacles to suicide which are fears of a hellish post-mortem existence and the survival instinct. I've got an aunt whose memories have completely deteriorated from Alzheimer's. She doesn't recognise me nor her family despite raising me as a child when my mother was temporarily institutionalised. Will my aunt suddenly recover all her lost memories in a post-mortem existence? Is the brain merely the instrument of the soul? I doubt it. I'm quite certain a person's consciousness ends with their brain death.

Many people make a great deal of fuss about Near-Death Experiences but by definition they are not post-mortem experiences in the same way an innocuous Unidentified Flying Object is not overwhelming proof of an imminent extraterrestrial invasion. The second major hurdle is the survival instinct which is not so easy to overcome because fast-acting means of death such as pentobarbital and cyanide are not as readily accessible as they once were, no thanks to pro-life lobbyists.

Marilyn Monroe's death was ruled as a probable suicide due to an overdose of pentobarbital (Nembutal) sleeping pills. Needless to say, pro-lifers exploit and prey on these fears of an agonising death and retributive afterlife to deter people from taking their lives whilst ignoring the patent fact that vets euthanise pets painlessly everyday with pentobarbital without the survival instinct kicking in. Pro-lifers also forget to mention how vets and doctors have high suicide rates perhaps because of their ready access to fast-acting drugs to painlessly end their lives.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pompous Cauliflower and Retard
S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
SI is a problem, unfortunately. Death is death, there is nothing after death. Your body will be dead, without your body you can't do anything, you can't exist. You won't think, see, hear or feel anything. All your fears and thoughts you leave in life.

• Love
Reactions: ARW3N
diewahreart

diewahreart

Dec 17, 2019
we were just talking about this... related discussion: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/what-does-a-survival-instinct-feel-like.28675/

Reactions: Pompous Cauliflower and ARW3N
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
SI is a problem, unfortunately. Death is death, there is nothing after death. Your body will be dead, without your body you can't do anything, you can't exist. You won't think, see, hear or feel anything. All your fears and thoughts you leave in life.
I agree with you about the survival instinct problem. There's a suicidologist, Thomas Joiner, who theorises that the ability to die by suicide comes from a gradual desensitization to violence and a decreased fear of pain, combined with technical competence in one or more suicide methods. The problem I have with that theory is that it makes suicides look like violent exhibitionists which they're really not. They simply don't have access to painless fast-acting methods of suicide such as pentobarbital anymore.

Reactions: Pompous Cauliflower and Retard
diewahreart

diewahreart

Dec 17, 2019
That's interesting. Unfortunately I meet only one of the three conditions, if that: the last one. I can't watch violent movies, and I'm so so so afraid of pain.

Someone in another thread I read said if someone wants to die they should stop being a whiney bitch, i.e., stop being a sissy about the pain. I've been a whiney bitch all my fucking life so I don't think that's going to change at this point.

OMG!! I wonder if you can use Avada Kadavra on yourself! Surely at least one of all the witches in the world would feel bad enough to try it. But it never came up.:blarg: Or Wingardium Leviosa instead of having to go to the top of a building and jump off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pompous Cauliflower, Ramirez, Retard and 1 other person
S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
I agree with you about the survival instinct problem. There's a suicidologist, Thomas Joiner, who theorises that the ability to die by suicide comes from a gradual desensitization to violence and a decreased fear of pain, combined with technical competence in one or more suicide methods. The problem I have with that theory is that it makes suicides look like violent exhibitionists which they're really not. They simply don't have access to painless fast-acting methods of suicide such as pentobarbital anymore.
I don't care how it looks like or what others think, being dead I won't worry about someone's opinion, all I need is 100% method which is fast and painless, and of course I have to fight with myself, aka SI.

Reactions: Pompous Cauliflower