whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Do other severely depressed or suicidal people act like this? I joined a programming course two years ago with the pretense of getting a job by the end, but I soon realized what it was.

Unlike the rest of the class, I wasn't interested in a professional future and a job, but I liked coding and it filled my days. I never had an illusion firm enough about actually having a future to feel any other way. I mean, I can't even drive due to my lack of confidence and sleepless stupor. And lately, since my chronic illness seems to have worsened, I don't enjoy coding very much.

My outlook was simple: since I am always miserable, anxious and tired, I better be spending my meager energies in something that I like, otherwise I knew for a fact I would kill myself. Problem is, I don't find much that I like nowadays. Be it because my brain deteriorated severely during this decade of stress and sleep deprivation, or just being fed up with the lunacy and cruelty of the world...

The other problem of this outlook is that normal people spend a large part of their lives working to sustain themselves, and what they do is often a burden, but they can carry it because they have physical and mental health. Luckily, I have been successfully leeching off my parents for a long time, so the suicidal horizon is there exclusively for the anhedonic, health-related reasons. But I can see how money could easily lead one to start seeing it's pallid fulgor.

Thanks for taking time to read my thread.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, _Minsk, markimobzzdeasui and 5 others
N

Nightmare Painting

Student
Dec 16, 2021
When I did anything whether it was school or work I never once believed I had a future. Everything has always been a distraction from my numbness or pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, _Minsk, whatevs and 1 other person
Sanva

Sanva

:/
Dec 10, 2021
My outlook was simple: since I am always miserable, anxious and tired, I better be spending my meager energies in something that I like, otherwise I knew for a fact I would kill myself.
i feel that. I code because if I do for some reason have to stay alive for some more time, at least I'll have a way to get money. The other people in my classes have been coding for fun for years. I don't know how people do things that require so much effort in their free time. things that require you to use your brain. I don't really enjoy anything so in my free time, I want to do things where I don't have to think. like watching youtube videos or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nightmare Painting and whatevs
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
When I went to school it'd silence the voices in my head a little bit cause I could pretend I was working towards a future. But I always knew the score.

• Hugs
Reactions: completely-done, markimobzzdeasui, whatevs and 1 other person
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
i am enjoying one of my school courses right now. it would be strange to ctb in the middle of my semester but the course won't matter when I am dead

Reactions: whatevs