M

Mybattle

Feb 27, 2019
I take benzo's daily which work on GABA just like N but I cannot just stop them, they keep me barely sane.

I have read u need to stop them 1 month before using N which is out of the question. First they need to be tapered slowly for a long time and withdrawing right now and being off them will put me in such mental pain I might as well go another route. Also the GABA receptors do not up regulate so fast but I am no doctor so maybe that does not mean N will not do the job.

Does my daily use of benzo's make N useless for me so I am basically trapped to have a painful death?

Please do not tell me to just stop the benzo's for a month. Anyone who is damaged by psych drugs knows this is pure torture...

Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Circles
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@Mybattle ,

Opinions vary.

First, how long you took it, which drug (s) and what dose. A little bit of benzo won't matter if you take a high dose of N.
Individual reactions are crucial.

As I see it, the reliability of the method of N decreases. Some adhere to the theory that it will kill you anyway because N is so strong ...

Reactions: Morpheus, Circles, Kim and 1 other person
M

Mybattle

Feb 27, 2019
I have been taking them daily for over a year at 5mg Ativan now tapered down to 2.5 Ativan, and sporadical use for much longer.

But I always took breaks so that I was not addicted or tolerant before this year. The tolerance and dependance is since 1 year.

If anybody knows some reliable info on this would be great. I tried to search but could not find much.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Hi @Mybattle i am so sorry for what you are going through. Benzodiazepines are vicious - and I would definitely not recommend anything other than following the Dr Ashton method if you ever wanted to stop again. Speaking from experience of someone who stopped overnight and experienced every possible symptom so I feel your pain :-(

Regarding the question about N and benzodiazepines, it has been asked here I can try and find a few links that offered opinion.

It might be a good idea if we kept this thread for any opinions on benzodiazepines and N.

Reactions: Mybattle and brighter
Kim

Kim

Daydreamer
Sep 18, 2018
N makes you feel asleep if you want or not. It's much stronger than benzos. But this is only my opinion - I haven't any links -.-*

I don't use benzos but strong painkillers. And I can't stop them as well. I can understand that you can't stop it one month before you'll take N.

Reactions: Mybattle
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...after-ingest-nembutal.9969/page-2#post-216745

This is one opinion that was put forward, ill post more as I find relevant things

Reactions: Morpheus, brighter, Mybattle and 1 other person
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...after-ingest-nembutal.9969/page-2#post-216745

This is one opinion that was put forward, ill post more as I find relevant things
I have a few issues with that opinion. What does that EOL counselor know ? Are you elderly, and close to death ...
That 6 gr of N is lethal : it may likely be a lethal dose, but there is a reason why various organizations give much higher doses (12-15 gr?).

Lorazepam is powerful stuff and that 5 mg is not a low dose. Likely, the full dose of N on top of lorazepam will kill you but I'm not sure.

Reactions: Mybattle and Circles
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
@Arak

If we just post what opinions - or, obviously, what would be better is scientific evidence, but anyway if we keep this thread tidy and put links up to what we find it may prove useful to those who are taking benzodiazepines and making decisions about whether N will suit them.

Reactions: Arak, Circles, throwaway777 and 1 other person
M

Mybattle

Feb 27, 2019
I think it's very hard to find a 100% answer. Scientists and psychiatrists have very little idea of what exactly goes on in the brain with psych drugs.

My guess is a double dose 12g would be so powerful that you would die, but that is just a guess and not really a gamble I am comfortable to take.

T

ThinkingAboutThis

Student
Jan 7, 2019
I think it's hard to find a right answer, either. All I know is that barbiturates are far more lethal in overdose than benzodiazepines. I think the N dose would probably have to be adjusted up for tolerance.

But honestly, you'd come a long way down with Ativan and may need to give yourself a break. When central nervous system gets extremely destabilized from iatrogenic benzodiazepine complications, even a slow taper can be highly problematic.

Before you decide on N, have you considered doing a crossover to a longer acting benzodiazepine? Ativan is a noxious benzo to come off of, and it can cause horrible disabling effects that take a very long time to reverse.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
Justaboutdone has been removed or banned ?

Anyway, bumping this thread (and
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/what-would-you-do-if-vomit-after-ingest-nembutal.9969/page-2#post-216745

and https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-but-additional-help.11135/page-2#post-248258)

Just once.

Reactions: Mybattle