MillieXIO

MillieXIO

Jul 31, 2023
My dad flew into a rage after learning that my sister and I were supposed to baby sit next weekend. That he was going to leave us to pay all the bills in this house alone, that we don't appreciate him. That he was going to leave us and we can do whatever we want.

His anger stems from his marital issues with our mom. They haven't spoken since I was in middle school. I'm 20 now.

Things like this are what make me SH and want to CTB. He basically told us we're not doing enough.

I don't know what more to do as his kid. I was an unplanned baby so I understand not wanting to take care of me, I guess. But my sister doesn't deserve this. She has her degree, which my dad screamed at us to get. She had a job, but no vehicle, because where as most parents will help their kids get something like that, my dad actively discouraged us trying to purchase one ourselves when we got our first job.

When I thank him for stuff, he goes 'yeah. sure. uhuh.' dismissing me.

We do all the chores around the house.

What more does he want from us???

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Amidaa, Sannti, Rational man and 8 others
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
My father was like that. He would constantly throw a fit despite having to do nothing in the house. He criticized everything and everyone for doing nothing or doing it wrong. He once told his friends that his wife would be nothing without him despite her doing everything in the house and handling the business while he was just following her orders, but pretended like was the boss. He would yell and scream for nothing just because his own life was shit and he had lost his manliness. I don't know what's the underlying issue with your father, but I understand having to live with a grumpy man in the house that is prone to raging or yelling. You're constantly on high alert and your anxiety increases to anticipate his next fit of rage. And because you're still somewhat dependent, you still have to abide by his rules and cater to his whims. I'm sorry that you have to go through that. I hope you soon can leave the situation and be free and independent.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man, onceinthefuturewas, MillieXIO and 1 other person
onceinthefuturewas

onceinthefuturewas

Apr 13, 2023
My father was also like that since I was young. He could be nice one second, and then mad the next like what the hell was I supposed to do? My dad used to shout at my mom and saying she's not good enough or doesn't work enough and hitting and shouting at me, my brother and my mom. I don't have the experience of my mother leaving the family and being an unplanned baby, but I do have the experience of my dad leaving the family for another woman and being yelled at and stuff so I can sympathise with you at least a little bit here. I hope you can get out of that situation soon. :heart:

• Aww..
Reactions: kindalone and Rational man
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
When people use such threat's, all respect goes out the window.

supermonkey12

supermonkey12

Aug 14, 2023
It's really cruel how parents abuse their children with threats and especially not appreciating the things you do.