• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

ijustwantout

My wish is my username
Jan 18, 2024
I know cyanide exists in apple seeds. That's the only way I can even remotely comprehend myself getting it. Does anyone know how many apple seeds are required for a lethal dose and what the procedure is ? Much appreciated

ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
According to a google search the amount of cyanide in apple seeds varies a lot so you might need to eat thousands of them to get a lethal dose.

Reactions: myusername890
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Wouldnt bank on it but..

Thankfully, there are several factors that make death-by-apple-seed very unlikely. First, the amygdalin is accessible only if the seeds have been crushed or chewed; a whole unbroken seed will pass right through. Second, the human body can process HCN in small doses, so a couple of chewed seeds are usually completely harmless. Finally, the average adult would need to eat anywhere from 150 to several thousand crushed seeds (depending on the apple variety) to be at risk of cyanide poisoning. The average apple contains only about five to eight seeds. So unless someone is eating their 18th consecutive apple core and has been meticulously chewing all the seeds, they should be fine with their occasional absentminded core chomping.

and
""
Background: People think Apple Seeds contain WW2 levels of Cyanide and they believe it can be lethal under normal conditions.

Analysis:

Cyanide is not directly found in Apple seeds, but it can be released from a compound called Amygdalin when it comes in contact with enzymes in the intestines.

Apple seeds can release as much as 0.6 mg of Cyanide per gram of seed.

The average apple seed has a mass of 0.756 grams

The average apple contains 8 seeds

Therefore there are approximately 5.25 grams of apple seeds per apple, yielding a theoretical maximum release of 3.25 mg of cyanide from one apple

The lethal dose of Cyanide is based on body mass and is listed as 1.5 mg/kg.

A human can ingest about 41% of the lethal dose before seeing any side effects.

41% of 1.5 mg/kg = 0.615 mg/kg

The average adult male weighs 81.6466 kg (180 lbs)

Therefore the lethal dose in the average male is 50.213 mg.

50.213/3.15 = ~16 Apples

Therefore the average male can consume ~16 apples without feeling any side effects.

It is also important to note that in order for the seeds to efficiently release Cyanide, they need to be finely chopped/ground, which usually doesn't happen with normal chewing and digestion. Therefore the actual number would be much higher, but this accounts for a worst-case scenario.

Also, the body can break down the Cyanide fairly efficiently, so you would be fine eating 16 Apples every couple days""

• Love
Reactions: doggiesarecute, Praestat_Mori and breezeboy
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Wouldnt bank on it but..

and
""
Background: People think Apple Seeds contain WW2 levels of Cyanide and they believe it can be lethal under normal conditions.

Analysis:

Cyanide is not directly found in Apple seeds, but it can be released from a compound called Amygdalin when it comes in contact with enzymes in the intestines.

Apple seeds can release as much as 0.6 mg of Cyanide per gram of seed.

The average apple seed has a mass of 0.756 grams

The average apple contains 8 seeds

Therefore there are approximately 5.25 grams of apple seeds per apple, yielding a theoretical maximum release of 3.25 mg of cyanide from one apple

The lethal dose of Cyanide is based on body mass and is listed as 1.5 mg/kg.

A human can ingest about 41% of the lethal dose before seeing any side effects.

41% of 1.5 mg/kg = 0.615 mg/kg

The average adult male weighs 81.6466 kg (180 lbs)

Therefore the lethal dose in the average male is 50.213 mg.

50.213/3.15 = ~16 Apples

Therefore the average male can consume ~16 apples without feeling any side effects.

It is also important to note that in order for the seeds to efficiently release Cyanide, they need to be finely chopped/ground, which usually doesn't happen with normal chewing and digestion. Therefore the actual number would be much higher, but this accounts for a worst-case scenario.

Also, the body can break down the Cyanide fairly efficiently, so you would be fine eating 16 Apples every couple days""
This actually makes me think it's doable. Interesting

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
This actually makes me think it's pretty doable. Interesting
To be honest, when I read it first and since they were able to settle on a number, I was like, "Hmmm...it just MIGHT"
but the thing with articles like these is the cyanide content differs from apple to apple, so that's something to look into. But then there's the requirement that it has to be finely ground and chewed.
Logically I dont see why it wouldn't and it's kind of interesting to get the specifics (apple type, etc, would it work if i took out the seeds, etc)

Reactions: breezeboy
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Possibly worth checking into Apricot seed capsules, which also major in amygdalinI believe.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Easier to just buy it pure no? Or as potassium cyanide.

In either case, not a peaceful way to go. Maybe the kind of thing to make jumping, SN or hanging 100%

breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
To be honest, when I read it first and since they were able to settle on a number, I was like, "Hmmm...it just MIGHT"
but the thing with articles like these is the cyanide content differs from apple to apple, so that's something to look into. But then there's the requirement that it has to be finely ground and chewed.
Logically I dont see why it wouldn't and it's kind of interesting to get the specifics (apple type, etc, would it work if i took out the seeds, etc)
Yeah that's what I was thinking. You'd need to find out which seeds contain the highest amounts and only use them. I would think it'd be okay if you just finely crush all the seeds and down them with water instead of chewing each one.

I'm now interested in finding cases of someone attempting or succeeding using apple seeds

Reactions: Slow_Farewell and Yavannah
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Such seeds must be very big :haha:
For reference, 1 gram is the mass of 1 cubic cm (1 cm x 1 cm x 1 cm) of water.
makes me wonder what the heck kind of apple i need, and where to get it.