• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

x-Ace-x

x-Ace-x

Experienced
Aug 20, 2019
Is it likely to get a cutting wound infected? I'm using the same razor without disinfecting or washing a lot of times but not cutting deep.

If I started cutting deep, is it dangerous?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: pole, Saed, _Minsk and 2 others
ShookCitizen

ShookCitizen

Feb 28, 2020
please don't cut deep :(

• Love
Reactions: x-Ace-x
1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
I used to cut and i didnt bother to disinfect and had no infections. I think you would have to cut very very deep for it to get infected.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: x-Ace-x and BitterlyAlive
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
It could be.
But tbh I spent half my life cutting myself, going deeper and deeper each time, and any infection I got would be just slight redness and yellow discharge for a few days.
And now all the wounds I have not gotten stitched are poking outward and extremely ugly, and I will never wear shorts and t - shirts in public again

• Love
blivogade

blivogade

Nov 7, 2019
Ive been self harming for 7 years now and not once had an infection, despite at times not being the most sterile.
But then the first time i got a tattoo (completely sterile) i got an infection.
It really depends on each person and your immune system, but i wouldn't recommend risking it anyway.
What are you counting as 'deep'?

• Love
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
It's easy to get a wound infected, especially if you cut deep. Please be careful and try to remember to properly clean your sharps and wounds. I understand the urge to cut deeper, my self harming has escalated to the point where I regularly hit "styro" (cutting to the dermis). If you do cut to this point, please be aware that the cut can easily become infected. You don't want to play around with this stuff, mate.

If you need help or advice on how to cut safely, please feel free to PM me. I sometimes forget to check this site for a few days, but I will get back to you. I want you to be as safe as possible.
I used to cut and i didnt bother to disinfect and had no infections. I think you would have to cut very very deep for it to get infected.
It's certainly possible for this to happen, and I really don't want to sound rude, but it's really not something you want to leave to chance OP. I'm really glad you didn't end up with an infection, mate.

Last edited:
  • Love
x-Ace-x

x-Ace-x

Experienced
Aug 20, 2019
Thank you for the answers :hug:

Ive been self harming for 7 years now and not once had an infection, despite at times not being the most sterile.
But then the first time i got a tattoo (completely sterile) i got an infection.
It really depends on each person and your immune system, but i wouldn't recommend risking it anyway.
What are you counting as 'deep'?
I would consider deep as cutting to the fat or bone, using a simple razor it's hard to cut deeper even if trying to press and slice it hard.

Disinfection is difficult in my situation :( Will try to not cutting deep but idk, it all started from the SN blood test and I got addicted :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Saed
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Thank you for the answers :hug:

I would consider deep as cutting to the fat or bone, using a simple razor it's hard to cut deeper even if trying to press and slice it hard.

Disinfection is difficult in my situation :( Will try to not cutting deep but idk, it all started from the SN blood test and I got addicted :/
It's very addicting. God, even thinking about throwing away my blades makes me want to cut even more. I'm a bit concerned that you want to cut to fat/bone. I understand the urge; when I'm cutting I always want to go even deeper and that's the next natural step for me. But cutting this deep is incredibly dangerous. Very difficult to disinfect without proper medical attention, stitches are absolutely required, scarring will be far worse, and I fear that any satisfaction you may find cutting this deep will be short-lived. Please be careful and try to be safe.

O

Oh so tired

Student
Apr 17, 2020
I'm sorry you are struggling with the urge to cut. I self harm and have had a few mild infections. I consider my cuts to be deep- they often need stitching, though I don't always get stitched, but I've never gone as deep as bone as you suggest. Beware that it is a slippery slope and the more you cut the stronger the urges will be to cut more and deeper, and sadly the reasons for doing it will still be there.

• Love
x-Ace-x

x-Ace-x

Experienced
Aug 20, 2019
Maybe I should try some different self harm methods like pouring salt or lemon juice on an open wound. Don't wanna get an infection :( Thank you for your kind words, will try to not cut deeper but that urge is strong. Every day I wanna cut more than the previous one. Have no other way of escaping the mental pain for a bit till I ctb. Hopefully soon.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Saed and BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Maybe I should try some different self harm methods like pouring salt or lemon juice on an open wound. Don't wanna get an infection :( Thank you for your kind words, will try to not cut deeper but that urge is strong. Every day I wanna cut more than the previous one. Have no other way of escaping the mental pain for a bit till I ctb. Hopefully soon.
That sounds incredibly painful, but now you have me wanting to try it lol. The urge is seemingly always there, I understand. It's never good enough no matter how often we do it or how deep we go. It's a vicious cycle. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do, friend. I'm sorry that everything is so damn painful.

• Love
M

MaybeSoon

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019
And now all the wounds I have not gotten stitched are poking outward and extremely ugly, and I will never wear shorts and t - shirts in public again

I managed the same thing by being a fat emotionly unstable kid who got stretchmarks

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
x-Ace-x

x-Ace-x

Experienced
Aug 20, 2019
That sounds incredibly painful, but now you have me wanting to try it lol. The urge is seemingly always there, I understand. It's never good enough no matter how often we do it or how deep we go. It's a vicious cycle. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do, friend. I'm sorry that everything is so damn painful.
Well, it is what it is, once it starts - you want it more and more :( Thanks, best of luck to you as well, take care, friend :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Saed and BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I managed the same thing by being a fat emotionly unstable kid who got stretchmarks
I don't mean this against you, but I found this all too relatable and laughed because that's the situation I'm in. My arms are disgusting because I used to be so damn fat. Plus almost every woman has stretchmarks which makes me feel even uglier.

I'm sorry for laughing. I understand how you feel and it sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: MaybeSoon
blivogade

blivogade

Nov 7, 2019
Playing with the chance of an infection is risky game, id recommend looking at other methods that'd provide you the same feeling.
Cutting to fat is risky, more likely to hit a vein or a nerve (im now living with permanent nerve damage because of my self harm) and of course infection.
Cutting to bone is near on unachievable for even the most severe of selfharmers.
Please take care though.

• Love
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
I've cut for 15+ years and luckily have not had any major infections. AFAIK, epidermis and dermis cuts have a relatively low risk of infection. Still, disinfecting/cleaning your tools is advisable. I'd recommend using 70% rubbing alcohol or putting the blades in boiling water. And, of course, washing your hands thoroughly beforehand, rinsing out your cuts with clean water, and using sterile bandages will help.

Cutting to fat is where there is a very significant risk of infection, and if it's to the muscle or bone, you will absolutely need to go to a hospital. Infections are very serious and can turn deadly, so please, please be careful! Also, it sounds like you recently started, so be sure to monitor yourself as cutting can be a slippery slope where you'll start with epidermis cuts but will quickly escalate to dermis, fat, or even deeper cuts. Stay safe!

M

MaybeSoon

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019
I don't mean this against you, but I found this all too relatable and laughed because that's the situation I'm in. My arms are disgusting because I used to be so damn fat. Plus almost every woman has stretchmarks which makes me feel even uglier.

I'm sorry for laughing. I understand how you feel and it sucks.

Nah I understand mate. I was adopted at 8 and fed treats like it would solve all my problems and here I am lmao.. I was the kid that couldn't go swimming or take his top off at any time. Certainly not saying that's my reason for killing myself but whew it cause a lot of sels esteem issues in my teens. Literally only two girlfriends have seen me naked lmao.

• Love
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Nah I understand mate. I was adopted at 8 and fed treats like it would solve all my problems and here I am lmao.. I was the kid that couldn't go swimming or take his top off at any time. Certainly not saying that's my reason for killing myself but whew it cause a lot of sels esteem issues in my teens. Literally only two girlfriends have seen me naked lmao.
Of course it did. Teen years are difficult enough, but if you have anything slightly "wrong" with you...ugh. I don't miss being an adolescent.

I just binge ate all the time from the age of like 11. It's a disgusting thing to admit. Stopped for a while due to severe anxiety, but now I'm doing it again. Fuck

Reactions: CursedReality and MaybeSoon
FullCircle

FullCircle

Nov 20, 2018
You're gonna wanna clean them out, an untreated infection is no joke. It's easier to prevent an infection than get rid of one.
Cover them with clean bandages. I always used neosporin at first. If they weren't healing or started to look infected I used and antimicrobial gel.
Take care of yourself. I've cut on and off for 11 years. It's awful. If you have questions feel free to message me.

• Love