K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
Was just reading about some media coverage of this site and certain people wanting to ban it. And, look, I do understand that this site exists in a moral grey area. I am VERY aware of that. That being said, it almost makes me laugh that the single response to finding out there's a site full of people trading suicide tips is to ban the site and not to... you know, try to implement solutions so fewer people will want to end their lives.

I've searched for alternatives many times throughout the years. But I had to get fewer sessions at my psychologist's cuz I couldn't afford more cuz it isn't free. I feel like a burden to my family cuz I currently can't work and they pay for my food because I'm not entitled to any government assisstance. And I'm on like a 6 month waiting list to finally see a psychiatrist who MIGHT perscribe me treatment that I may not be able to afford.

In my story alone there's at least like half a dozen things thst could've maybe made it so that I didn't feel my situation was hopeless enough to want to die in the first place.

But instead of trying to make sure we get the help we need to not suffer in the first place, their solution is just to remove this site so we can suffer more and longer, I guess. Or die worse deaths. Or be unable to freely talk with anyone without fear of having the hospital called on us.

• Love
Reactions: vadim, ijustwishtodie, BrainShower and 5 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
If you prevent people from committing suicide but do not alleviate their suffering, you are trapping them, not saving them.
You should prevent their suicide by alleviating their suffering.

• Love
Reactions: untothedepths, ijustwishtodie, Cold and 7 others
D

DeletedAccount0864

Student
Dec 17, 2023
As you say, there are innumerable things that could be done to help people like us, but this fake do-gooder scum convince themselves that they are "saving" us because they believe that we are just avoiding mental health services (which they think have magical voodoo cures). Bitch, do you think I want to CTB? I've tried for years to "get better". Fuck you.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and BrainShower
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
ban the site and not to... you know, try to implement solutions
reminds me of the War on Drugs - just ban them instead of addressing the actual issues. Probably similar to panhandling in some regards, too. Just ban it instead of addressing the actual underlying issue.
Definitely easier / more convenient to just sweep it under the rug with a stopgap. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Downdraft, untothedepths, sserafim and 1 other person
BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
This entire society that we live in was built to resist ever making things better for people like us.

The people on top, who designed this society hundreds of years ago, realized that the only way for them to enjoy their superiority indefinitely was to design a system in which they could continue to feed and thrive on the bottom 50% of humanity's suffering.

Cue lawyers, the court system, prison, insurance companies, banks, etc

They did a hell of a job, and the blood vortex continues to feed itself every day.

Don't expect the BBC (or any government, bank, or corporation) to start looking for actual solutions to our problems, as they would not even exist without our problems. Our problems are the food that feeds the machine.

Sorry if that seems pessimistic, but I cannot see it any other way.

It's not even a conspiracy kind of thing for me, as I think it is done in broad daylight, requiring societal norms and pressure (religion, tradition) to keep it going.

Well anyway, I don't believe that it will change. And that's why I am here.

Reactions: untothedepths, redeyepiranha, sserafim and 1 other person
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
This entire society that we live in was built to resist ever making things better for people like us.

The people on top, who designed this society hundreds of years ago, realized that the only way for them to enjoy their superiority indefinitely was to design a system in which they could continue to feed and thrive on the bottom 50% of humanity's suffering.

They did a hell of a job, and the blood vortex continues to feed itself every day.

Don't expect the BBC (or any government, bank, or corporation) to start looking for actual solutions to our problems, as they would not even exist without our problems. Our problems are the food that feeds the machine.

It's not even a conspiracy kind of thing for me, as I think it is done in broad daylight, requiring societal norms and pressure (religion, tradition) to keep it going.

That sounds similar to the Pareto Principle or the 80/20 rule. The Pareto Principle states that roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. In the context you mentioned, it suggests that approximately 20% of the population will always be at the bottom in terms of economic status or wealth distribution.
This principle is often used to describe the unequal distribution of wealth or resources where a small percentage of the population holds a large percentage of the wealth.

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023

And here's some song lyrics that say it better than I can...

There's a hole at the bottom of the earth
Where the blood pours out at the end of the day
When the usual amount of people have died
Sit back and watch the death and decay
It's a dying world
When you're living in a dying world
Panicking becomes the everyday thing
Buy up the food, the power and the guns
Get used to the threat of the final fling
It's a dying world
There's a hole in your mind where nothing exists
Except fear and loathing of the strange but true
Facts that defy your inner intelligence
Like man kills himself for something to do
It's a dying world

-Subhumans, "Dying world"
That sounds similar to the Pareto Principle or the 80/20 rule. The Pareto Principle states that roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. In the context you mentioned, it suggests that approximately 20% of the population will always be at the bottom in terms of economic status or wealth distribution.
This principle is often used to describe the unequal distribution of wealth or resources where a small percentage of the population holds a large percentage of the wealth.
I will have to do some reading on the subject, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Reactions: sserafim
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

It's a dying world
It's a dying world
It's a dying world

I will have to do some reading on the subject, thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Its usually used in the context of the 80/20 rule - 80% of outcomes come from 20% of inputs but it can also be used to refer to this phenomenon.

It's a dying world
It's a dying world
It's a dying world

Check this out, I'm sure you've heard of it if you've had a sociology class or whatever before

Last edited:
vadim

vadim

Disqualified From Being Human
Aug 10, 2023
Most people hold religious beliefs. They might identify as athiest or agnostic and not believe in god, but they still hold dogmatic beliefs that are leaps of faith because these beliefs are instilled in them by the culture they grew up in. The belief that life is inherently good and death is inherently bad requires a leap of faith just like the belief in god.

Reactions: BrainShower and sserafim